What ? Cut Into Line in Front of a Liberal ?

Jump to Last Post 1-3 of 3 discussions (32 posts)
  1. profile image0
    ahorsebackposted 5 years ago

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/14021756.jpg

Next time you're standing in line at the ice cream stand and that large person  and her family "cut into line " in  front of you ;  don't make that face , don't freak out and start a cat fight , don't complain to the management , don't get all huffy and scream out insane profanities  ,   just stand back watch the creamie stand run out of pistachio mint ?

1. JAKE Earthshine profile image68
      JAKE Earthshineposted 5 years agoin reply to this

I always allow human beings who may be destitute, much hungrier and thirstier than me and perhaps less fortunate to get ahead of me in line, that's the real Christian way, not Jerry Falwell Junior's evil way:

2. profile image0
    PrettyPantherposted 5 years ago

Wow, that wall looks really effective.

1. profile image0
      ahorsebackposted 5 years agoin reply to this

That's exactly why we need a better one , you know kind of like the aisles at the airport check in ?  It's all relative you know , so maybe you won't need cry closets at modern day colleges   , I guess it's just as simple as where you stand in line  ?

1. profile image0
        PrettyPantherposted 5 years agoin reply to this

I see. Something doesn't work, so we need to spend billions to build more of the thing that doesn't work.  Makes perfect sense in somebody's world, I guess.

1. profile image0

No , It''s called building a real border wall and not a neighborhood fence as in the gated community next door to you , where you probably push the open button in the morning and evening commutes ?

1. profile image0

LOL, I live in a working class neighborhood in a small town of about 5000.  Try again.

2. jackclee lm profile image79
          jackclee lmposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Walls do work. What doesn’t work or hasn’t work in the past is our will to do something about it...
          If you doubt me, go and see how walls work around the world as in Israel, in Saudia Arabia, China, former Berlin wall, Korea, and In Hawaii, where facebook’s CEO Zuckerberg has his retreat home...

1. jackclee lm profile image79

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/14021858.jpg

1. profile image0

Would you agree that a billionaire spending his personal funds on a wall around his property is his right, as long as he obeys the local laws governing such a wall?

Would you agree that building a wall around personal property is vastly different from using taxpayer dollars to build a wall along the entire southern border of the United States, in that it uses taxpayer funds for something that most people, including border security experts, think is a fruitless waste of taxpayer money?

I don’t agree. It is the same thing. A country in nothing more than a collection of people.
                That is exactly why we disagree on budgets.
                As individuals, we are to live within our means. Spend only what we make...
                As a government, we are led to believe deficits doesn’t matter???
                Our country is only exist because of language, borders and culture.
                Every other nation follows that rule. Why the US is the only country that thinks it is OK for anyone to show up on our door steps and welcomed in with open arms and provide with benefits that even out own citizens don’t get?
                It is a formula for disaster...
                Just look at Sweden and Germany...today.

2. jackclee lm profile image79

This is so disengenuous. Democrats voted for a wall when it was politically expedient.
                They always talk about securing the border when they want a comprehensive immigration reform but once it passes, they reneg on paying for the wall and use the excuse “wall does not work and too expensive...”
                Yet, every other nation has a border and secure it including Mexico who has one of the toughest immigration law on the books...on their southern border.

Either you want a country or you don’t.
                If you support open borders, say so...
                Let the debate happen on an equal footing.
                Don’t miss lead American voters.
                If you actually propose what you support with regard to immigration to the American people, they will
                reject it.
                And further more, don’t try to inject race into this debate.
                It is not about race. It is about preserving our sovereignty...

1. profile image0

1) I do not support open borders (if you mean without restriction) and have never said that I do.
                  2) I am not these Democrats you refer to so I don't know why you are bringing their actions into this conversation.
                  3) I am in favor of securing the border; I just think a hugely expensive border wall would be ineffective and a waste of money. [And I was never stupid or gullible enough to believe Mexico would pay for it.]
                  4) Where did I inject race into the debate?
                  5) What on earth have I proposed that the American people would reject? Please link to this proposal. I don't recall ever making one so this should be good.

PP,  Please don’t take this personal. I was not commenting on you in specific but people on the democratic side. It has been their MO for many years. They talk a good game when it comes to border control but will never follow through. There is no half measure here. It is like being pregnant. Either you are or your are not. There is no half measures. When you don’t support border control, you are for open borders.

3. profile image0

Surprise ! Read the constitution ,...  The president has the obligation to protect the US citizens from inside or outside sources of threat , if that threat is the exported poverty of fifty  other poorer nations and grossly effects our economy , our healthcare system , our criminal justice system , our unemployment rates  ; Guess what ? It's still a threat .

1. profile image0

The constitution doesn't say anything about wasting billions of dollars on an unnecessary monstrosity that was originally supposed to be paid for by Mexico.

2. Readmikenow profile image95
                  Readmikenowposted 5 years agoin reply to this

I've not seen people on this thread who know or understand the American Immigration process.  Here are the steps required to come into the United States legally.  That's just to stay here legally.  To become a citizen is another process.  My friends and family member all went through this process.  My grandfather came through Ellis Island.  Tens of thousands of people legally follow this process every day.  I have NO idea why these people at the boarder believe they are better than the thousands of people who obey the laws and come here legally.  It's not that difficult.

Apply for an Immigrant Visa
                  If you’re seeking permanent resident status in the United States, the process you’ll follow will depend on whether you’re already in the U.S.

If you’re in the U.S., you do not have to apply for an immigrant visa. Instead, you will apply for a Permanent Resident (Green) Card through an adjustment of status. The advantage of this is that you won’t have to return to your home country to complete visa processing. (See why the DADA people make not sense?)

If you’re outside the U.S., you will apply for an immigrant visa through consular processing with a U.S. Department of State embassy or consulate abroad. 

Both procedures involve several key steps.

In most cases, someone must “sponsor” you, or file an immigrant petition for you.

Once the petition is approved, and there is a visa available in your category, you apply for either a Green Card or an immigrant visa.
                  You get a medical examination.
                  You go to an interview.
                  You receive a decision on your application.

It's not complicated, it just takes time.  Not running to the boarder and putting on a show.  Not coming here illegally and crying you want to be a citizen.  It just requires following the laws of the land.

2. JAKE Earthshine profile image68

I was laughing so hard yesterday when I saw that caravan reach the Mexican border and the asylum seekers walked right up and proceeded to casually scale the 20 or 30 foot wall without the use of a ladder and the illegitimate short timer racist idiot in the white house has convinced his little cult members that a couple thousand more feet of a 30 foot high pile of concrete or scrap metal is the answer to their rabid fear of brown people who simply keep prices low in America:

If a destitute under-nourished famished immigrant has the strength to easily scale a 30 foot monstrosity, nobody else should have a problem:

lol: Here's Bozo's wall prototypes that he promised Mexico would pay for 100%: He probably deserves another 'Nobel Peace Prize' for this ludicrous notion: Nothing that a little physical human effort, a ladder, crane, a drone, tunnel, trampoline, super explosively spicy burritos or dynamite can't breach:

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/14022019_f1024.jpg

3. IslandBites profile image91
    IslandBitesposted 5 years ago

So a 2014 photo of a fence separating Morocco from Melilla, Spain, eh? lol

How about this wall?
      https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/14021921.jpg

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article … ocean.html

If walls doesn’t work, why is he doing it?

1. Randy Godwin profile image61
          Randy Godwinposted 5 years agoin reply to this

To keep his promise to his dumb base, of course! You should be able to figure it out though, Jack. tongue

I was referring to Zuckerberg, a big open borders guy...
            He build a wall around his own compound in Hawaii.

1. Randy Godwin profile image61
              Randy Godwinposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Okay, he's probably gotten a few threats lately and I doubt seriously he's worried about illegal aliens getting in.

Not all walls is to keep out illegals...
                You have a lock on your door don’t you?
                Good fences make good neighbors.

2. JAKE Earthshine profile image68

lol, if it weren't for open borders jakclee wouldn't be here, that is of course if he actually lives in the United States:

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)