What is the Democrat Platform for the 2018 Midterms

Jump to Last Post 1-2 of 2 discussions (32 posts)
  1. RJ Schwartz profile image88
    RJ Schwartzposted 5 years ago

Gleaning from the news, I'd say it was taking away the tax cuts (Nancy Pelosi want's her "crumbs" back) that President Trump put in place, ensuring we have open borders and catch and release, impeaching the President, and keeping Obamacare for everyone but themselves.

Did I miss anything?

1. profile image0
      ahorsebackposted 5 years agoin reply to this

We've heard nothing about any intended policy direction . Proves a lot of political points made here  though ,  Tax increases , regulating second amendment and firearms  stuff ,  that's all ?

2. Credence2 profile image79
      Credence2posted 5 years agoin reply to this

Don't know what that is yet. But to slow up the Trump juggernaut and force him to negotiate with Democrats to get legislation passed is a damned good start.

1. wilderness profile image94
        wildernessposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Does "negotiate" mean that Democrats will also make concessions, or only the President?

1. Credence2 profile image79

I hope that both sides will have to make concessions, give and take, that is if the Trump administration does not want to go down as the biggest lame duck in history.

LOL  It is my hope that neither side has to make concessions: that both sides are able to recognize what is good for the country and enact it without further ado.

Isn't going to happen, though, is it?  Even if members DO recognize what we need there is still party politics to consider; the other party must not have what they want no matter how badly it is needed by the people.

Again, we may well have disagreement over what is best for "the people", but that is the "rub" isn't it?

Yes, there are many times there is honest disagreement.  That's where compromise is required, but it never seems to happen.  Congress just waits until one party or the other has the strength necessary to get what it wants.

And there are many times where there can be no honest disagreement, but party politics still rules, and good ideas are disregarded and shut down because they come from the "wrong" party.

Sorry.  I'm pretty well fed up with the inability of the squabbling children on the hill to run this country and sometimes it shows.

I really can't disagree on your point here, Wilderness. That seems to be the way things work, unfortunately.

sad

2. Wesman Todd Shaw profile image81
    Wesman Todd Shawposted 5 years ago

Well they want to completely destroy the nation by opening the borders to every person on the planet who can make it here. This way the strongest nation in the history of the world will die, and global oligarchs can finally create the one world satanic government.  We can't forget that one.

1. Randy Godwin profile image61
      Randy Godwinposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Yes, we want to destroy the nation as best we can. We're gonna take all of your guns away and give them to the illegal immigrants so they can take their rightful land back from you white men. We also hate the flag and religion of any sort so we'll do away with that as well.  Anything anti- American I forgot to list we're planning to do?   tongue

1. Wesman Todd Shaw profile image81
        Wesman Todd Shawposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Just for you, Spanky Godwin, I made this helpful guide.
        https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/14092699.jpg

Thanks Toddy,  You are as honest and concise as your idol Spanky.  smile

Hey Spanky Randy, I found some youths who are a whole lot more on top of things than some other persons I could name.

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/14093027.jpg

Are you the one eating boogers in the photo, Toddy?  tongue

1. profile image0
                ahorsebackposted 5 years agoin reply to this

So THAT is where the party of the left is getting their entire package of political  advice ?    Third Graders , I knew it and I have told you all so too !

2. Wesman Todd Shaw profile image81

*tinks fork on wine glass.

Everyone, I have an announcement to make on behalf of Spanky Godwin. Randy has come up with a genius idea for how to defeat Donald Trump and the Republicans. He's going to call him 'spanky.'

I'll take that as a yes as you didn't deny it, Toddy!  tongue

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/14094308.jpg

2. Castlepaloma profile image75
            Castlepalomaposted 5 years agoin reply to this

All she had to do is not vote at all. Avoid that stressful pain, All together.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)