Why is it okay to be racist?

Jump to Last Post 51-62 of 62 discussions (631 posts)
  1. profile image0
    ahorsebackposted 5 years ago

Some would have us all believe that BECAUSE leftists and their inbred cousin "the media " say systemic racism is widespread , that it actually is !  While we all know that there is no proof ,That it is or that it isn't all around us .

2. profile image0

Oh by the way Don W  .......we still haven't seen shining  examples of systemic racism in America today .

1. Don W profile image81
      Don Wposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Saying systemic racism doesn't exists is the same as saying racial equality does exist across all social structures and institutions.

So ditto, I'd love to see some proof of that claim.

1. Live to Learn profile image60
        Live to Learnposted 5 years agoin reply to this

It's a question of how we normally function in society. Things are assumed right until proven wrong. Innocent until proven guilty. Negative allegations only gain traction in rumor mills, unless there is evidence to back them up.

With the advent of social media we see this trend of guilty until proven innocent on the rise. We should never bow to the mob mentality of reacting to rumor and innuendo.

1. Don W profile image81

Moral and legal notions of "right", "wrong", "guilt" and "innocence" aren't applicable here. The whole point about systemic racism is that, by definition, no individual is responsible for it. That's why it's called systemic.

If by right and wrong you mean correct and incorrect, people do not assume claims are correct until proven incorrect. The opposite is true.

Surely this is moot for you though, because your response to systemic racism was: "Of course it exists" (although you don't believe it exists everywhere).

Perhaps you could explain to onusonus and ahorseback why you believe their claim that systemic racism doesn't exist, is incorrect.

Systemic racism is no more prevalent than any other problem that crops up, from time to time. Every system will create inequities. It is important to remember that and remain ever vigilant and willing to stamp inequities out, when found.  The problem I have with your argument is that it appears to think that since no system is perfect this one is, somehow, uniquely flawed; consistently and limited to working only against specific groups.

I disagree with that. The system can, in pockets, gravitate toward racism, sexism, reverse racism, reverse sexism. It can work to the disadvantage of groups based on religion, ethnicity, sexual preference, etc. In pockets.

I am not willing to function under the presumption that only one or two specific groups can be adversely affected or that one or two groups are always affected. To do so appears to relegate some into a preferential status and negate the value of the experiences of others.

1. Don W profile image81

While it's good to stamp out individual examples of inequality, doing that alone can't address the issue of systemic racism.

Acts of racism are not always overt. They can be made unconsciously, and without intent or malice.

It's only when we look across entire systems, that we start to see the effects of such unconscious, unintended racial bias. So we also have to look at systems not just individuals.

I don't know the prevalence of racial inequality vs gender inequality etc, but I don't think it's helpful to compare them in that way. Each type of social inequality has different dynamics, and can intersect with others. So direct comparisons are very difficult.

But focusing on racial inequality doesn't mean we have to ignore gender inequality. If you want to create a thread to discuss that issue as we have here, I'd be happy to participate.

Racial disparities across various measures suggest one or two social groups are disproportionately affected. I don't think looking at the root causes of that "relegate some into a preferential status . . ." I think it's a reasonable and sensible thing to do.

I think it is incredibly detrimental. It feeds into philosophies that are anti social and counter productive. It threatens to recreate a cycle of exclusion and persecution.

I read somewhere that the quote 'There is only one race. The human race' has been denigrated as racist. The current environment is very, very sad.

2. wilderness profile image96
            wildernessposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Just curious, but what percentage of interactions, say in the workplace, show systemic racism?  50%?  10%?  1%?  Less?

And at what point do we sit back and wait as it dies out?  Where is the point that we need to take major action to enforce existing laws prohibiting such things rather than allowing the offended to bring cause to us?

1. profile image0
              Onusonusposted 5 years agoin reply to this

You're not going to get any proof out of him. He doesn't have any.

1. wilderness profile image96

Oh, I wasn't asking for proof of anything.  Just an opinion, in an effort to understand just what Don considers "systemic".  For myself, I might put it at 20% of interactions, but I suspect Don has a much lower bar.

3. profile image0

Still,........................The world awaits substantial proof of "Systemic Racism " constantly alleged here by the same people ? It's not enough to accuse ,  we have to show the evidence and after some time of no evidence  , then what ?

4. profile image0

I find it amazing and hypocritical  for liberal minds to assume , no actually demand , that  " systemic racism "exists at the same time as they demand "proof "of other  ideological debates .   So much for honest discussions to begin with .

1. Don W profile image81

If someone claimed unicorns exist, people wouldn't assume it's true. It's a deviation from the norm; a phenomenon never seen before. So, as per custom, people would assume the established norm is true, and not believe unicorns exist, until the person claiming otherwise, proves it.

Historical evidence tells us systemic racism is the norm, relative to the number of years the country has existed.

People in this thread claiming that 100% racial equality exists across all social structures and institutions, are claiming a deviation from that norm; a social phenomenon never seen before in the history of the country.

In keeping with custom, we should assume the norm is true, and not believe that 100% systemic equality exists, until those claiming otherwise, prove it.

So if you have supporting evidence for that claim, I'd be happy to see it.

Until then, I don't believe unicorns exist, because that deviation from the norm has not been proven. Likewise I don't believe 100% systemic equality exists, because that deviation from the norm has not been proven either.

If it's "honest discussion" you want, a good place to start would be to not treat claims related to racial equality, differently to the way we customarily treat other claims.

Reasonable.  But as long as your definition of "systemic inequality" includes just one person exhibiting inequality we will never have 100% equality.  Personally I would call something "systemic" when half the people find it the norm and reasonable.

1. Don W profile image81

Sure, 100% equality is not my standard. I'm just responding to the claim some people are making that such equality already exists, which I don't believe is true.

I don't know, Don - I haven't seen a single post in these forums (or anywhere else) that has stated there is zero racism anywhere in the country.

They have stated that the "systemic" racism of the past does not exist.  I take that to mean that it (and it did exist, make no mistake) has been reduced to the point that it isn't worthy of the term any more.  I agree with that - racism most definitely exists, for we shall never wipe it from the minds of every single person, but it is not the widespread, "systemic" (system wide) racism of the past where it was considered normal and right by a large majority of the people.

Could be we're arguing over nothing but semantics?

1. Don W profile image81

Thanks for clarifying what you take systemic racism to mean.

It does not mean widespread acceptance of racism.

Systemic racism refers to how racism is manifested in society's structures and institutions: the economy, politics, education, health, family etc.

Whether it's overt or not, accepted or not, conscious or not, is irrelevant.

What you are referring to is merely the prevalence of overtly racist attitudes and behavior. That's a different thing.

No need to speculate on what those with differing views understand systemic racism to mean. We can ask them:

Live To Learn, onusonus, and ahorseback, is it your understanding that systemic racism means: widespread, overt racism that is considered normal and right by a large majority of the people? Or do you take it to mean something else?

It means something else. As I said previously, the definition currently being used to support negative stereotypes is ridiculous because we will never completely eradicate instances (isolated, to be sure) where some member of some group somewhere may consider themselves targeted. It doesn't prove anything exists. If you cannot offer examples you are probably, in most instances, not correctly identifying the root cause. Blaming racism first, without proof, is racist; in my opinion.

"Blaming racism first, without proof, is racist; in my opinion."

Very true, and that type of thing is probably closer to being "systemic" than anything else, for it is growing.  Nearly every day we see more examples of events being called "racist" when they obviously are not.  Too many people are looking, and looking hard for anything they can spin into racism, for it seems to give justification for their own poor behavior.

2. Don W profile image81

I agree, it does mean something else.

But citing systemic racism as a significant root cause of certain social issue, is not racist. It's sensible and reasonable.

You don't agree. Fine. But I think it's fair for me to ask, if systemic racism is not a significant root cause of the disparities between races we are seeing, even after accounting for socio-economic level, then what is?

Most of the alternative explanations I have seen (including the "bad choices" argument) either don't add up, or invoke notions of racial superiority/ inferiority, which I disregard because I don't subscribe to racist views.

So if you have any alternative explanations, that make sense and don't invoke racism, please share them. That's a genuine request.

Again, without your providing one example it is impossible to respond.  Give me a clearly documented example. Recent. Within the last few years.

2. wilderness profile image96

But Don, I never said anything about being overt.  That is not a part of any definition I would use, for the quiet, unobtrusive racism can still be systemic (and was), and in today's world comes far closer than the in-your-face racism of job or housing discrimination, back of the bus type of thing or other overt racism.

No, the key factor is how widespread it is, not whether overt or not, and I don't see it reaching the level of being called "systemic".  It is not something system wide at all.

1. Don W profile image81

You referred to systemic racism as "racism of the past where it was considered normal and right by a large majority of the people".

As racism of the past was more overt, this description implies you think systemic racism refers to more overt racism. Thanks for clarifying that's not the case.

Either way, your description is not what systemic racism is.

It does not refer to racism being "considered normal and right by a large majority of the people". Acceptance of racist attitudes/ behaviour is irrelevant to the idea of systemic racism.

Likewise it does not simply mean lots of examples of individual racism.

As Live To Learn says, it means something different.

As you are not clear what the term systemic racism refers to, I recommend reading up on it some more, then perhaps using this thread to confirm your understanding.

At the moment we're not talking about the same things.

5. profile image0
    Ed Fisherposted 5 years ago

Don W , I think I experienced systemic racism once , I went into a motor vehicle registration office in a state where almost of the employees were African American , I'm not , how long do you think it took someone to make eye contact with me ?

That count as systemic racism ?

There is an Auto Zone here where a white male has to wait until any people of color have been waited on before they can get service. I laughed at them over it. Serves them right. The Menonite store makes women wait until all men have been taken care of.

Life's a b#tch.

2. profile image0

No, because social justice is stupid regardless of which side the racism comes from. Systemic inequality implies that there is a collaborative effort between entities in power to oppress certain groups of people. This ideology requires no proof of wrong doing, and seeks to divide the people in order to give power to the government. And the people who buy into this are the useful idiots they need to get votes without having to be burdened with the task of solving problems.

1. profile image0
        Ed Fisherposted 5 years agoin reply to this

I always find it perplexing that the party that perpetually cries "Racism " the loudest always does the least to politically solve its existence .
        Having worked with hand tools my entire life  I can only guess election cycle tools just rust away in between their election needs .

6. profile image0

All anyone HERE has "proven " is that the self absorbing inferiority complex of African Americans  is the greater reason for disparities in race . In other words , " because my skin tone is darker  I then get to set the tone of the entire  conversation ." 

On the darker side , being able to carry the tone and excuse all of the charges against my people and perceived  social injustices , being able to excuse the statistical proof that there are real differences in how I treat my own kind ,  why my cultures crime statistics are different than all others  ,  why I can direct the actual tone of the conversation in any debate because well " look at my skin color "

Americans as a whole do not have to assume one ounce of guilt for racial disparities  TODAY simply because of the news media  and social media's bias nor because of the bias of activist academia  toiling away at social reengineering .  It's time for all "classes " of America's melting pot to assume their own, sometimes  incredibly difficult cultural responsibilities .

In other words , white , black ,pink , green or brown of skin color  , Grab onto your boot straps and pull  , get out , get to work and change your own small part of the world ,  assume responsibility for your own contributions or lack thereof , to your own people , "Clean up your own house first " .

The truth is , Everyone in America has their own" cross to bear " be  it religion , race , ethnicity , ideology or economic divide .  Stop shame --blaming and finger pointing and get on with making this country better by making yours and so someone else's lives better each and every single day ,   Your misery whether  individually or collectively is generally no one else's fault but your own .

It's interesting just how the absolute truism that racism is a two way mirror is too often conveniently ignored by the many posts here ,  that the consistency of an accusation of racism towards "whites " -reflects the actual and real racism of the accusers .

7. profile image0

Liberals Americans are actually  Obsessed with race , why ?   Because without the last vestiges of  poverty in the world and especially in the US's  liberal run inner cities ,   such liberals would have absolutely NO ideological cause to prop in front of national television  and say " Look , we have saved the minorities again ".

Why does any reasonable person at all believe that liberals are ALL IN FOR  immigrating  as much poverty as they can in our southern borders ?  Increase the poverty roles , increase the democratic voting base !

8. profile image0
    Onusonusposted 5 years ago

https://scontent-sea1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t31.0-8/18238481_1649892041695376_1595802826042162293_o.jpg?_nc_cat=110&oh=235b39a8fcf38178efa65d404592a2b5&oe=5C1EB413

I would have put the timeline a little further back, but that's something I fully agree with.

2. Live to Learn profile image60

I had thought this thread had devolved to Don not answering questions and not providing any valuable input. Very nice quote and, so true. Thanks.

1. Don W profile image81

Strange, I thought it had descended into you not clarifying what you mean, then blaming others for your short-comings as a way of disengaging from a discussion you have no sensible argument for, but that's just me.

Don, I answered your question and asked a question. You refused to answer and asked me for clarification. I clarified and repeated the question. Again and again you refused. You aren't looking for dialogue. That's obvious. I completely understand your fear of answering questions.

1. Don W profile image81

Not wasting my time answering a question when the person asking can't even be bothered to clarify what they mean by the terms they are using, especially when that term is likely to be used in the answer.

I'm more than happy to discuss anything with anyone (with the exception of people who have no interest in good-faith discussion). So when you'ready to clarify what you mean by "cultural differences" (if you haven't already without me noticing) let me know. If not, then not problem, enjoy the rest of the forum.

LOL. Deflect, deflect, deflect. You won't answer a simple question Don. That speaks volumes as to what is going on here.

1. Don W profile image81

If you choose not to answer a simple question, that's your choice. I can't help you with that.

Don, this is ridiculous. But you knew that already. You won't answer a question. I answered everything you asked, until it became clear you could not, would not, explain your opinion on one simple point. Must be a b#tch, not being able to hold an opinion of your own.

1. profile image0

Stop feeding the troll.

3. Don W profile image81

Anyone can cherry-pick a meme. It's not hard.

https://hubstatic.com/14230710.jpg

Proved me right and wrong in the same post.

2. profile image0

Said the guy who got the Nobel Prize for gracing us with his presence.

4. Don W profile image81

Said the guy who didn't get the Nobel Prize for . . . anything.

1. profile image0

You're really going to compare Obama's failed economic policy to Thomas Sowell?

Oh wait, you're just repeating the opposite of everything I say.

1. Don W profile image81

You're really going to compare Sowell's failed theories to Barrack Obama?

Oh wait, you're just repeating tired right-wing talking points.

(You wanted to turn a sensible discussion into a p'ing contest. Fine. But better to let you compete with yourself, which you have been doing for some time now. It's quite fascinating. I'm interested to see what you'll say to you next!)

1. profile image0

So what about Thomas Sowell's economics do you believe are a failure?

1. Don W profile image81

So what about President Obama's economics do you believe are a failure?

1. profile image0

Well, we can start with the worst GDP growth since the great depression, under the Obama admin, doubling the nations debt, nuclear deals with Iran and North Korea, the Paris accords, Solyndra, Obamacare.

1. Don W profile image81

Well, we can start with Sowell's opinions on GDP, the great depression, the nations debt, nuclear deals with Iran and North Korea, the Paris accords, Solyndra, Obamacare, if any.

Why bother? The person you are attempting to converse with has not been interested in a conversation, thus far.

1. profile image0

Yeah, He's not even worth responding to at this point.

9. profile image0

Obama lazily rode out a GW Bush war economy and spent it like a sailor in a strip club AND still doubled the debt , Great Job food stamp man !  Trump is changing all that , no war economy , no food stamps ,no "stimulus "..............

Blue wave ?
    https://hubstatic.com/14235517.jpg

10. Don W profile image81
    Don Wposted 5 years ago

Yes it is ridiculous that someone can't be bothered to clarify the meaning of a term they are using, but thinks others are obliged to accept that.

I'm not obliged to and I don't.

Either clarify the term you have repeatedly used, or don't. I don't mind which you do, but whining about out isn't going to help.

If your previous comments are anything to go by, your argument wouldn't stand up to any kind of scrutiny anyway, so no great loss.

1. profile image0

Likewise If YOUR previous comments are anything to go by, your argument wouldn't stand up to any kind of scrutiny anyway, so no great loss.

1. Don W profile image81

Likewise If YOUR previous comments are anything to go by, your argument wouldn't stand up to any kind of scrutiny, so no great loss.

Feeding the troll?

1. Don W profile image81

Note to self: stop feeding the trolls.

2. profile image0

I never said I wasn't a hypocrite.

It is a pity when you create a thread for honest and open dialogue and it degrades down to a guy who refuses to participate in an exchange of ideas hijacking the thread.

I pity those who fear an open exchange of ideas.

1. profile image0

It can be frustrating, but unlike most liberals I believe in free speech. I consider his immature behavior as an inability to sensibly refute ideas. He's simply a sore looser.

I see it as more telling than being unable to refute. His refusal to answer my one question shows an obvious problem. He is unwilling to openly discuss the issue.

That is the left, today. They have talking points they know they must stick to. They fear deviating from those specific points. They fear becoming a target of the mob.

1. profile image0

It's kind of sad and pathetic if you think about it.

Yes. It's sad. But scary too. What will we become of America if their agenda of hatred and divisiveness over powers reason and civil discourse?

2. Don W profile image81

It can be frustrating, but unlike most conservatives I believe in free speech. I consider your immature behavior as an inability to sensibly refute ideas. You're simply a sore looser.

2. Don W profile image81

lol implying I'm chicken won't help you.

You are entitled to refuse to clarify your meaning. I am entitled to call that unreasonable and unacceptable.

Feel free to clarify what you mean, and continue the discussion. Or not. Up to you. But again, whining about it won't resolve the situation.

11. profile image0
    Onusonusposted 5 years ago

Liberals think this is okay.
    https://scontent-sea1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/43951234_1955559084535107_547526820350656512_n.jpg?_nc_cat=1&_nc_ht=scontent-sea1-1.xx&oh=a805c0fb2898f464c463e9e92da1aa3c&oe=5C5D8376

1. Don W profile image81

Conservatives think this is okay.
      https://hubstatic.com/14250407.png

Two liberal views. Neither is funny to a conservative.

1. Don W profile image81

Wait, let me check . . .

Nope, "funny" isn't among the words I'd use to describe that cartoon.

Accurate and sad? Yes. Funny? Not so much.

I guess that makes me "a conservative" lol.

Hoping a kid has leukemia and dies is accurate? The left uses minorities and keeps them down is accurate?

I agree. It's very sad.

1. Don W profile image81

Nice try. Obviously I was referring to the image I posted, which is clear from my referring to it as "that cartoon".

The denial you and others have shown in this thread is exactly what the cartoon depicts.

Yes it is sad, and yes it is accurate.

It is an accurate depiction of how the left has made promises and left those they claimed to care about with nothing, but broken promises.

You did say both views were funny to a conservative. You have not proven either is. You've only proven you push discord without the weight of reason to back up your views.

2. profile image0

You're comparing apples to oranges. People don't accept blatant racism from whites the way they do from minorities.

Also last time I checked, Asians are among the most prolific people in the country despite historical racism, which is what she is.

This reminds me of the racist views on CNN toward Kanye West. Racists deflecting and diverting attention from their blatant racism, by pretending others are actually them.

1. Don W profile image81

The belief that proportionally more black people are in poverty because of "cultural differences" (read they are inferior) to other racial groups. Now that's racist.

Know anyone around here who holds that view?

[edit: the term used was "cultural differences" not "cultural values". Quotation updated to reflect that]

Do you find "black culture" identical with "white culture", then?  Or "Hispanic culture", "Chinese culture" or  any of several others?

Or is it too "racist" to accept that different races have different cultures even in the same country?

He can't. But, he is making the judgment that some cultures are inferior. Sounds racist to me.

It is.  If nothing else because he thinks everyone is identical - the fear of being called racist can and does result in racism.

2. Don W profile image81

My comment is not based on what I (and probably you) understand "cultural differences" to mean. It's based on what Live to Learn means by "cultural differences", which is apparently different.

To understand why that makes it into something racist, you'll need to understand what she means by the term. It wouldn't be fair for me to speak on behalf of Live to Learn, so ask her to explain what she means by it.

Oh, I think we all understand how the term is being used.  You just don't want to talk about it, and refuse to acknowledge that cultural differences exist as you think that would make you a racist. 

Hint: recognizing reality does not make you a racist.

1. Don W profile image81

Speak for yourself.

I don't know what Live to Learn means by "cultural differences". I know what I mean by it: differences in beliefs, behaviors, customs, values etc. between different social groups. And that's what I assume you mean by it too.

In contrast, Live to Learn has implied it relates to differences between individuals, not social groups. I don't understand that use of the term and I've never heard it used like that.

If you understand it, fantastic. Happy for you to enlighten me.

If you don't then, like me, you're only guessing at Live to Learn's meaning, which is not conducive to a sensible discussion.

In that case I'll just have to go back to seeing how long I can get onusonus to keep talking to himself (it appears to be some kind of compulsion - it's fascinating to behold).

(1) https://hubpages.com/forum/post/4032357

2. Don W profile image81

You're comparing apples to oranges. People don't accept complaints about almost anything from minorities the way they do from white people.

Also last time I checked, white people are among the least racially oppressed people in the country, which is what the character in that cartoon is.

1. profile image0

Still having a hard time coming up with original thoughts I see.

1. Don W profile image81

Still arguing with yourself I see.

1. profile image0

Might as well be since you can't forge an original thought.

12. Live to Learn profile image60
    Live to Learnposted 5 years ago

Senator Warren is a prime example of why the problem persists. You have white people taking advantage of minorities by claiming kinship through minute portions of their DNA, using that false kinship as some type of bullet proof vest to claim their actions and words aren't racist, because they possess a little of a depressed population in their genes, and then blasting other white people because with little difference in actions and outcome the others don't make similar claims.

And, the crowning jewel of the hypocrisy is those who support Warren turn a blind eye and shut their ears to statements by depressed minorities that she is not part native American, but would not do the same for those they do not support.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)