Trump Issues Declassifcation Order on ALL Messages related to Russia!

Jump to Last Post 1-8 of 8 discussions (59 posts)
  1. RJ Schwartz profile image87
    RJ Schwartzposted 5 years ago

President Trump issued an immediate declassification order on the Carter Page FISA warrant, AND ALL Text messages (unredacted ) related to the Russia hoax from James Comey, Andrew McCabe, Bruce Ohr, Peter Strzok, and Lisa Page.

The DOJ is caught in a tight spot since the President already has all the originals - any attempt to hide information should be met with swift responses from the WH.

Seems as if the moment of truth is at our doorsteps and all the potential stops have been pulled from the pathway - the American people finally get to see what really transpired and who really should be under investigation.
    https://hubstatic.com/14212886.jpg

1. Don W profile image81
      Don Wposted 5 years agoin reply to this

You don't even know do you.

You have no clue what the men and women in the intelligence services do to protect you every single day. What they are doing right now to protect you.

And you have no idea how much more difficult this type of stunt makes it for them to do their jobs, and do it safely.

I wish it were possible for you to see the effect it would have if the country's intelligence community simply went on a strike.

Luckily for you, people within the intelligence community don't get to go on strike.

Neither do they get to stand at podiums spouting BS to people who lap it up like ignorant fools.

They just continue working to protect you day after day, while the yellow-haired buffoon of a president demonizes them day after day, because he wants to discredit the people investigating him and his associates.

As a whole, the intelligence community work diligently and professionally. And they make sacrifices you'll never get to hear about.

You don't deserve them.

RJ Schwartzposted 5 years agoin reply to this

I admire the beauty of a fruit tree, however I'm not afraid of pointing out the rotten fruit on some of it's branches.  If it means some branches must be cut away in order to preserve the tree, it's a risk I'm willing to take.

2. Wesman Todd Shaw profile image81
        Wesman Todd Shawposted 5 years agoin reply to this

'...yellow haired buffoon...'

Do you associate yellow hair with buffoonery out of your racist inclinations against white people, or is it the hatred of economic growth that you associate with buffoonery, and you merely mentioned a hair color as a descriptor?

1. Don W profile image81

If you want to talk about racism, let's talk about your support for right-wing extremist groups shall we. I'm more than happy to have that discussion.

1. Wesman Todd Shaw profile image81
            Wesman Todd Shawposted 5 years agoin reply to this

I totally support right wing extremism. Also, 'right wing extremism' is anything that doesn't fall into the cancerous ideology of US mass media and the Democratic party. I'm the most right wing extremist person you will ever know of. <3 smile

1. Don W profile image81

"I totally support right wing extremism".

I know. That's why I said so. And your back-pedalling caveat doesn't disguise the fact. Having dubious convictions is bad enough. Not having the courage of your own convictions is even worse.

3. GA Anderson profile image89
        GA Andersonposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Don't hold back Don. Say how you really feel. ;-)

GA

2. profile image0
      promisemposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Yes, the truth is at our doorstep, like you said.

I'm hopeful Trump will release ALL Russia investigation documents and not just selected text messages meant to make his enemies look bad.

That way we citizens can find out the full extent of Russian interference. We should know if any more Americans helped them like the ones who have already been indicted and found guilty.

1. profile image0
        La Veeztaposted 5 years agoin reply to this

What Americans have been indicted or convicted of colluding with Russia?

1. profile image0

I didn't use the word collusion. Nor is it in the authorization given to Mueller by the Justice Department. Regarding the indictments:

"That group (of indictments) is composed of four former Trump advisers, 26 Russian nationals, three Russian companies, one California man, and one London-based lawyer. Six of these people (including now all four former Trump aides) have pleaded guilty."

The Americans all pled guilty to avoid more charges from the Russian investigation.

https://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics … grand-jury

Do you agree that Trump should release all of his Russia documents and not just the ones that target his enemies?

1. profile image0
            La Veeztaposted 5 years agoin reply to this

You said “That way we citizens can find out the full extent of Russian interference. We should know if any more Americans helped them like the ones who have already been indicted and found guilty.”

You clearly state “any more Americans helped them” (the Russians)  like the ones who have already been indicted and found guilty.” which implies Americans have been indicted and convicted of helping the Russians. Your words not mine. No need to go beyond what you clearly said. If you misspoke say you misspoke, but going on about stuff that has nothing to do with what you said is really kind of weird.

1. profile image0

What I said is based on plenty of well-documented evidence about extensive contacts with Russians by Trump aides who pled guilty or who are under investigation.

This chart is helpful:

https://www.politico.com/magazine/story … ons-214868

It's naive to think Mueller nailed Mannafort just to get him for mail fraud. It's also naive to think that Trump is fighting the investigation so aggressively because he has nothing better to do.

I answered your questions. Would you care to answer mine?

2. wilderness profile image96
            wildernessposted 5 years agoin reply to this

When the Democratic party releases documents that target party officials...then Trump should release his.

Isn't that how it is working?  "You did wrong so I can do the same"?

1. profile image0

I thought the President of the United States was supposed to represent his country and not just his political party or his bruised and inflated ego.

And I don't see where in your comment that you are answering my question.

2. RJ Schwartz profile image87
    RJ Schwartzposted 5 years ago

Adam Schiff is in full panic mode

3. profile image0
    Ed Fisherposted 5 years ago

Proof that there was never ANY collusion between Trump and Russia , Does that mean ALL associated case matter gets thrown out of the courts  as it would in lower court cases ?

Deep State Yes !  Collusion No .

4. Kathryn L Hill profile image78
    Kathryn L Hillposted 5 years ago

And it's his right to do so, as President, as allowed by The Constitution. 

And its the Constitution that America is based on.

And its the US Constitution which checks abuse(s) of power.

Absolutely and what's even more unexpected is that President Trump is using an EO written by former President Obama as the rationale for doing so.

5. profile image0

Kathryn , That proves that he has not only nothing to hide but that there is no evidence of collusion from the beginning  .

Unless you ask a Democrat - to them, he's "selectively" picking things to be released and he's "obstructing" an on-going investigation, plus he's "damaging" national security by exposing "techniques" used by the FBI.  I'm sorry, but this President has been subjected to more negativity and more every day attacks from both sides of the spectrum and he deserves his chance to set the record straight.  People need to be punished for weaponizing the Intelligence Agencies and for allowing their own agendas to be put ahead of the country.

2. GA Anderson profile image89
      GA Andersonposted 5 years agoin reply to this

But what is the justification for a selective declassification Ed?

Of course it could be that he has deemed the ones ordered declassified to not be a danger to national security, and the others to be, but that smells almost as badly as Feinstein's "letter" bombshell.

GA

6. profile image0

Interesting ;
    From the beginning this has been NOTHING but a democratic  media stunt, an attempt to stall a president they don't want to succeed by creating an entirely false investigation  ,  NOW they will object to something democrats USUALLY  fully support . Declassification of government documents ?

And they want us to believe what ?

1. Don W profile image81

Anyone who finds it acceptable to declassify information about a legitimate live investigation by the intelligence community, relating to a matter of national security, because the president wants to discredit the investigation due to the fact he may be implicated, is no patriot.

If you want a king or an emperor who is above the law, then start a campaign to annul the Constitution. Otherwise, allow those people who have sworn an oath to defend the Constitution, to do their job.

If you honestly think the investigation is legitimate then there's not a lot anyone can say to convince you otherwise Don.  There has not been a single Democrat investigated that I'm aware of.  The investigation was supposed to determine if Russia influenced out elections, yet it's all been about President Trump and his team.  Both Obama and Hillary Clinton have ties to Russia, so why aren't they being subjected to the same treatment?

1. Don W profile image81

Please point to exactly which aspect of the investigation does not conform to the law or to any rules.

I don't buy the idea that just because you don't like an investigation, it's therefore not legitimate.

This is not some banana republic where investigations are determined by some despotic ruler.

As I said, if you want a king or emperor who is above the law, start a campaign to get the Constitution annulled, but stop besmirching honorable men and women in the intelligence community just so you can play cheerleader for dear leader.

1. profile image0
            Ed Fisherposted 5 years agoin reply to this

The Mueller "Investigation " has been about as secure and leak-proof  as carrying water in a pillow case !

1. Don W profile image81

So you're concerned about sensitive information getting into the public domain.

But you're fine with Trump releasing sensitive information from a live investigation into the public domain.

Your principles seem . . . flexible.

2. wilderness profile image96

RJ has a point - as far as we know there have been exactly zero Democrats, and certainly no VIP's included in the investigation.  And if you believe the entire party is lily white you need professional help.

There is often a huge difference between "legal" and "right".  This sounds like one of them.

1. profile image0

Why would Mueller investigate Democrats for working with Russians to help Trump win the election against their own candidate?

Is it because Mueller is a Republican? Or is it because we should use the FBI as a tool to destroy the two-party system?

1. wilderness profile image96

??  We keep being told that the investigation is not and never was about Russian collusion - that anything they can find is fair game.  Certainly none of the non-russian indictments have been about collusion!

That leaves Democrats wide open, even if we pretend that the Russians weren't helping them, too, in their scheme to divide the country.

1. IslandBites profile image90
                  IslandBitesposted 5 years agoin reply to this

(b) The Special Counsel is authorized to conduct the investigation confinned by then-FBI Director James 8. Comey in testimony before the House Permanent Select Committee on

Intelligence on March 20, 2017, including:

(i) any links and/or coordination bet ween the Russian government and individuals associated with the campaign of President Donald Trump; and
                  (ii) any matters that arose or may arise directly from the investigation; and
                  (iii) any other matters within the scope of 28 C.F.R. § 600.4(a).

(c) If the Special Counsel believes it is necessary and appropriate, the Special Counsel is authorized to prosecute federal crimes arising from the investigation of these matters.

https://www.justice.gov/opa/press-relea … 1/download

"(ii) any matters that arose or may arise directly from the investigation; and
                    (iii) any other matters within the scope of 28 C.F.R. § 600.4(a)"

That's what I said: anything they want to look into.  Sexual crimes, fraud, maybe even speeding tickets.

2. profile image0

I'm not sure who is saying that, certainly not on here. I've posted the full Mueller authorization letter twice in response to your comments.

What I have repeatedly said is that it's not exclusively about collusion and that the word exclusion doesn't appear in the letter.

2. Don W profile image81

Read the order the Deputy AG signed, which lays out the scope of the investigation:

https://www.justice.gov/opa/press-relea … 1/download

Likewise the memo the DAG signed giving further guidance to the scope of the investigation, relating specifically to Paul Manafort:

https://www.politico.com/f/?id=00000162 … e7110d0001

Mueller has been authorized by the (Trump-nominated) Deputy AG to investigate within the scope laid out in those couments.

He is (based on information currently in the public domain) doing that.

Donald Trump appears to be doing everything he can to obstruct a lawful investigation into a matter of national security, which includes releasing sensitive information while that investigation is still live.

That's inexcusable.

https://hubpages.com/politics/forum/340 … ost4031158

Check ii and iii.  Gives free rein to anything they want to look at.  You're right though - given the scope it is inexcusable that zero Democrats have been investigated.

1. IslandBites profile image90
                  IslandBitesposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Only if you don't know how to read.

(ii) any matters that arose or may arise DIRECTLY from the investigation;

(iii) any other matters WITHIN the scope of 28 C.F.R. § 600.4(a).

28 C.F.R. Section 600.4(a)
                  The jurisdiction of a Special Counsel shall also include the authority to investigate and prosecute federal crimes committed in the course of, and with intent to interfere with, the Special Counsel's investigation, such as perjury, obstruction of justice, destruction of evidence, and intimidation of witnesses; and to conduct appeals arising out of the matter being investigated and/or prosecuted.

2. Don W profile image81

I'm now reading that Trump is (currently) no longer demanding documents be declassified after a  conversation with the DoJ and after "key Allies’ [sic] called to ask not to release"(1)

Just let that sink in. The president of the United States had to be told by the DoJ and other countries that releasing classified information from a live investigation into a matter of national security is a bad idea.

Take a moment to think about that.

(1) https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/sta … 7576258561

Hmmm.  Other countries don't want the actions of their spies revealed.  Now THAT'S a shocker!

2. profile image0

The Mueller authorization specifically targets Russians helping Trump win the election. That pretty much limits the investigation to Republicans.

https://www.scribd.com/document/3754789 … estigation

The authorization specifically targets any crime they come upon.

"(ii) any matters that arose or may arise directly from the investigation"

The pretty much means anyone and everyone, and any and all crimes.

1. profile image0

No again for the reasons I stated above. Please quit cherry picking and taking a small part of the entire letter out of context.

2. profile image0

Don W, Problem in that ;  The people sworn to "protect and to serve " our national security ?    Have declared themselves cop , judge , jury and jailers . The Comey's , Strzok , Paige , ............

Jees , they have even admitted in senate hearings and leaked it to their own liberal media .......You got to catch up on your reading .

7. IslandBites profile image90
    IslandBitesposted 5 years ago

The Hill Interview

Buck Sexton: Have you reviewed the memos yourself? What do you expect them to show, if so?

President Trump: I have not reviewed them. I have been asked by many people in Congress as you know to release them. I have watched commentators that I respect begging the president of the United States to release them. We’re sitting with one right here, we’re sitting with two, you’re right. More than once. And I have had many people ask me to release them.

lol  SMH

Donald J. Trump

I met with the DOJ concerning the declassification of various UNREDACTED documents. They agreed to release them but stated that so doing may have a perceived negative impact on the Russia probe. Also, key Allies’ called to ask not to release. Therefore, the Inspector General has been asked to review these documents on an expedited basis. I believe he will move quickly on this (and hopefully other things which he is looking at). In the end I can always declassify if it proves necessary. Speed is very important to me - and everyone!

https://hubstatic.com/14218322.jpg

1. profile image0

There is one reason to declassify FOR Trump , evidentiary exoneration .............why else ? Liberals would do it to muddy an investigation and cloud final judgement , Trump moves to show there is no meat in the 'special investigation " sauce .

8. profile image0

"Devil is in the details " If Trump is calling for >Unredacted < investigation documents , it tells us all that he is willing to reveal all of his investigated acts in order to insure that alleged party influences are revealed within the offices of the DOJ and the FBI  that we all know are compromised .   

Where is the debate ?

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)