History of American violence is a hazard to culture & health.

Jump to Last Post 1-3 of 3 discussions (49 posts)
  1. Castlepaloma profile image77
    Castlepalomaposted 5 years ago

America Has Been At War 93% of the Time – 222 Out of 239 Years – Since 1776. China has not had a major war since 1979, with the largest military personnel in the world. Where US has had 22 wars in the pass 20 years.

Violence is like a disease, raging through a people, endlessly. They won't give themselves the vaccines wail the rest of the world has administered: it Harms safety nets, social systems, public goods, laws and norms, trust and bonds — all results of a mature attitude of concern and care replacing one of cruel Stoicism. It begins with bearing the unbearable, and explodes when it can no longer be done.

American's Always claims self defence, odd times it can be.
    The Japanese invasion panic of WWII.
    Pearl harbor, Japanese military personnel killed was 2,335,  Added 68 civilians, making 2403 American death toll. Compared to 3.1 mil Japanese army personnel and civilians killed by American. Beyond an eye for an eye.

From probably a false flag attacks of 9/11 death toll 2,997. Yet no proven solid crime evidence has been shown. For sure nothing can justify wars on countries and people who were not responsible for the crime committed. No Iraqi were on those plastic nose and uliminum frame two planes. With weapon of mass destruction box cutter, that knock down 3 steel/concrete sky scrapper.
    “The Iraq Death Toll After the U.S. Invasion til 2018 is estimated about 2.4 million people of aggression committed by the U.S. and U.K. in 2003.  US has no idea of Iraqi death toll because US generals don't do body counts. The terrorist wars costing financial more than the second world war.

American politicians, journalists and members of the public who say it doesn’t matter how many Iraqis have been killed are consciously or unconsciously applying a morally untenable double standard to the consequences of our country’s wars precisely because they are our country’s wars.
    While the figure of a millions people
    Fears of ISIS running amuck in US major cities… is the country worried that someone’s gonna invade it. Aliens, Commies, North Korea, you name it. Someone, somewhere, has fantasized about America being dominated by it. How extremely unlikely.. A massive nation bordered by two allies to the north and south make very difficult to attack. In WWII the Nazis didn’t even try. Most true enemy nation successful invasion US was British burned down the White House in the war of 1812.

Even if the largest military in the world of 2 million of Chinese army personal, invaded America. About 327 million people and by sharing guns to match with hundreds of bullet each. The Pacific long trip from the Chinese army would be dead before they hit the shores. China has not had a major war since 1979, where US has had 22 wars in The pass 20 years.

A culture of aggression. The criminal justice system is another. Although the cause of police killings is complex. Your 8 timed more likely to be killed by a policeman than a terrorist. In a gun culture causes the police to fear for their own safety in too many situations.. It also fosters police cultures that emphasize bravery and aggression.” Putting 25℅ of the world's prisoners population behind US bars add to tension.

By 18, kids have killed over 100,000 people in video games. The top ten grossing movie series of all time are related to fantasy and violence. In the news multi media, if it bleeds it leads. It all surrounds and over whelming.

What is your act of kindness to replace Violent encouragement?.

1. lovetherain profile image80
      lovetherainposted 5 years agoin reply to this

It is not America. It is human beings.

Castlepalomaposted 5 years agoin reply to this

These human beings who are citizens of America allow the Powers to be Corperationism to own them and allow their names to be exploited like votes for war. Also in the name of God. Even the bible conditions makes it impossible for war. Or Jesus said killing is only for food. It won't work with the Constitution rules.
        What happen to the most important rules to be kept?

Tell me, who even lights a candle to America for wars today.

2. lovetherain profile image80

Yes, humans suck. It is not exclusively an American thing.

Combined all the wars in the world today,, they don't have as many wars as the US has.
            US have half of the world's war budget for a country that has only 5℅ of the world's population and 25℅ of the world's prisoners.

Yes, America invented violence. The world was a pleasant, violence-free place before we invented it.

I would not give America the invention of war. That belongs to Religion.

Religion/Military/Politics all emerge together.

Until people get to the root of the cause of violence, there will be violence.

The Bankers are on the top of the food chain, follow the money and you will find the source. The Rothschilds Bankers supplied both sides of world war 1 and 2 and preparing for number three.

Start by locking them up, where most of the good people are locked up and wealthy bad people are running everything by fear.

2. wilderness profile image95
              wildernessposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Unless you figure America is always fighting itself (rather than a single time), that seems a rather foolish statement.

What is all this talk, about a divided  country. Also many US wars going on without the publics awareness. The American fear their Government and the tyranny of their military. The maximum abuse has not hit the fan yet.

1. wilderness profile image95
                  wildernessposted 5 years agoin reply to this

You missed the point.  If America fights a war, it fights one...and another country fights one.  Both are fighting.

American cannot, then, have fought more wars than all other countries combined, for every time it has a war so does another country.

We are not counting between men and women on who has more cheating affairs.

We are talking about American with offensive war budget that invade attacks several contries, where other countries are fighting to protect their families and natural resources. The results are mass murder of destruction. Besides America can't win a wars since Mexican/American war just because of the advanced 6 shooter.
                    Must say something about truth and honor there. Bullies never keep me down.

2. Live to Learn profile image60
        Live to Learnposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Yes, and human beings are different. China slaughtered 70 million of its own citizens, for politics, currently incarcerates any who disagree with their government and blocks the free flow of information to its citizens. And the OP appears to think that is more civilized.

we are all humans. You miss the point like the OP.

1. Live to Learn profile image60
            Live to Learnposted 5 years agoin reply to this

No, I got your point. People are people. With that in mind, which system of government would be preferable to live under.

Sign me for the Government of Individuals and families.

Won't put my name on a monopoly mafia team of megalomanics. There is such a thing as mentally ill human beings.

2. lovetherain profile image80

Honestly, I'm not sure. I haven't really looked into systems of government in depth. I would assume I would want to live in some form of democracy.

2. Castlepaloma profile image77

When I was teenagers Mao death toll was 20 million, now, news writers come up with 70 million massacred.
            Mao was responsible for about 1.5 million deaths during the Cultural Revolution, another million for the other campaigns, and between 35 million for the Great Leap Famine. 

Personally I don't approve of rulers. Hitler, Moa, and Stalin's make mistakes that cost 10s of millions of people's lives. Where individual and own market groups are more superior at running themselves. Killing and stealing is what the federal Governments and their puppet masters do best.

If Western world claim Mao massacre 70 million. How come among the mainland Chinese people has scored him “70% good, 30% questionable/regrettable” for that is not so bad for Mao. Where GW Bush ratings are not mostly good, not even counting all countries horrifically this dictator invaded . Very defensive when some “superior” westerners try to preach them stories that Mao was the devil worse than Hitler or similar stories. Mao is only partially responsible for the death of these people due to his misunderstanding of science. Starvation was inevitable anyway.Question can be raised about the Americans slaughtering the Native Americans, or Black slavery and most Americans won’t care. How they got around their laws, Bibles, Constitution, and consciousness, I can't imagine.

History taught in schools is most often revised to favor that nation’s agenda while hiding its crimes. Replacing facts with perspectives. The purpose of it is to foster an unrealistic sense of patriotism, making sure of people’s allegiance to a corporate entity masquerading as a government. The manipulative capability a nation’s education system, religion and media has on the people is tremendous.

It does, however, speak volumes about totalitarianism of both the Communist and Fascist variety.

it speaks volumes about what HUMANS are capable of.

I wish majority of humans would grow a backbone and brain and stop giving control to Tyrants.

So do I.

2. The0NatureBoy profile image56
      The0NatureBoyposted 5 years agoin reply to this

My act of kindness?

Use Article 3, section 3 and uproot everyone responsible for the "War on Drugs" which is a act of treason by every person for any arrest, conviction, and imprisonment of American people who the government {Remember Iran-Contra affair?} furnished the drugs to. That means Congress who declared it in 1971 and all congressman since, the President had implemented and all who upheld it since, the CIA and FBI who distributes the drugs to the streets, every state's government's personnel since where it was allowed, every arresting officer, prosecuting DA, presiding judge, failed defense attorney, Sheriff Department and prison that housed them and anyone else associated with fulfilling that act of treason.

That Constitution Article allows me with only one other who recognizes it as treason to file a petition (Amendments 1 & 10) that the Governments must recognize. That is my "Act of Kindness" and install only people willing to follow the intent proclaimed by the Constitution's Preamble for governing this nation.

That is taking on some responsibility, rather than playing the blaming game.

I agree. I don't want gun people return to a musket and ball. Generally the Constitution is much better to follow, than those phony baloney rulers.

1. The0NatureBoy profile image56

All I need is someone to show me how to file an acceptable by the government petition and I will have done my Constitutional Duty, it would then be left up to the governors that I'm sure will still ignore it. Thus, it will take some "supernatural" act, as it is called, to get it fulfilled.

Your better off making or joining a grass root group to work with. Giving anything back to the government to handle is like cosmic trash made into tin foil hats.

1. The0NatureBoy profile image56

Something happened that actually suggests "that" has formed a new "grass root group" because someone visited me questioning me about some of the things needing change and how it should be done. I think "it" is in the process of getting it done.

That is good news, don't wait for Governments, do it now.

2. Rodric29 profile image79
    Rodric29posted 5 years ago

This was an interesting take on what America is, many of its sins and the ugly parts of its culture. I cannot disagree. I, however, fail to see its comparison to China. We have not much information about what China has done and what it has regarding war in the last 20 years.

Public record is not reliable in that case. America has no public record of human rights violation in the last 50 years. It may be a violent place,  but the people are relatively free to pursue their own happiness with respect to the law.

Many people around the world still want to come to America despite what is wrong with her. What is right with her, her guiding principles of freedom and justice, inspires millions to come to her shores in all forms--legally and illegally.

well said

2. Castlepaloma profile image77

I too was inspired to live in America. Since my green card was taken away from me. Due to a refusal to make the President a war sculpture. I say, they can have their world of fear with guns, war machines and violence.

3. Nathanville profile image92
    Nathanvilleposted 5 years ago

Historically, Europe is the most violent place on Earth; it’s been at war almost consistently with itself and its neighbours (and in more recent centuries, around the world) for over 3,000 years.

Just in the last 1,081 years alone, England has been involved in 212 conflicts, at war (or in conflict) for a total of 854 years; 79% of the time.

Since 1776 (the reference date you mentioned) Britain has been in involved in 141 conflicts; and out of those 242 years there’s been just 35 years (14% of the time) when Britain has been at peace with the world.

America may get itself involved in a lot of conflicts, and consequently often seen as an aggressor by many nations; but from a British viewpoint (apart from the USA being late for both world wars) America is welcomed as an ally, and from the European perspective the USA is predominantly seen as a policing force of the world, helping to keep some semblance of peace and world order.  Albeit it’s made the USA rather unpopular across the world, and often the butt of criticism for either getting involved when it shouldn’t or not getting involved when it should; dammed if you do and dammed if you don’t!

Historically, when it comes to world Domination, Britain is by far the worst offender (something the British people are not proud of these days).  At its height, back in the 1920s, Britain occupied 24% of the Earth’s total land mass, and dominated 23% of the world’s population.  Even Russia has never achieved such heights; its best achievement was the occupation of just 15% of the world back in 1895.

However, I do agree that (as an outsider) the USA Society does seem to be riddled with violence, and the number of people killed by the police each day is horrific.  As an outsider we see the gun as the main issue, but I know that most Americans will disagree; it’s a difference of opinion that isn’t going to change.

And, also, I was amazed to learn a few months back how many ‘Lifers’ there are in American prisons.  Lifers being someone with a life sentence with no chance of ever having parole.  In Britain, there are currently just 75 prisoners serving a whole life sentence with no chance of parole; in the USA there are currently about 50,000 prisoners serving a whole life sentence with no chance of parole.

In answer to your question “What is your act of kindness to replace Violent encouragement?”. 

In many ways some of Americans Cultural, Political and Social Values are so alien to European life, I wouldn’t know where to begin other than perhaps do something about the gun violence, and sever  the ties between politicians and large corporations, so as to give ‘back control’ to the voting public, rather than America being ruled by the large corporations.  I know most Americans will disagree with my sentiments, but I am only expressing an onion from across the pond; where views on these subjects are radically different to the American view.

You generally have good worldly knowledge.

Yes historically Europe has been the most violent place. That is why America Constitution made aware of rulers and God is not mentioned in the Constitution.

For long history of an empire worldwide tyrants British take the cup with 854 years. Then you compare 212 major wars to America's 222  in one quarter of the time in years. Then American's intensively 93℅ of the time at war to Britain 73℅. Only 7℅ at peace in America history. Making America/Isreal world history champions at war. US is far more reaching out with 160 countries with US military bases. The only countries are at war or set up for war are countries who do not accepted America Centro banking system. That brings me back to Rothschilds owning 80℅ of Isreal and controlling America. Reason American were late in world war 2 because the largest ethnic group were Germans in America and both wealthy and Rothschilds wanted to own the world and still do.

1. Nathanville profile image92
        Nathanvilleposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Hi Castlepaloma, the evils of guns, as being one of the two banes of American Culture which I referenced (guns and ‘Corporate’ control of Government); in my opinion (as a European) has its roots in the 2nd amendment of the bill of rights of 1791.  At the time it was justified e.g. “A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State”.

Likewise, in England at the same time, we had a similar Bill of Rights, giving similar rights; the English Bill of Rights of 1689, which stated “Protestants may have arms for their defence suitable to their conditions and as allowed by law”.  This was at a time when Roman Catholics were persecuted in England, and were 2nd class citizens with fewer legal rights than Protestants.

However, times change, and so should laws (to keep up with changing times).  In the UK the tightening of gun control took almost a century; from 1903 until 1997, when finally we have become a nation with one of the tightest gun controls in the world.

Although Americans will disagree, in my opinion (as a European) the 2nd Amendment no longer serves its original purpose and is long overdue for revision.

As regards the Rothschild’s, it’s an area very difficult to untwine fact from fiction due to the multitude of conspiracy theories surrounding the family’s wealth and power.   A couple of years ago I had a lengthy argument with an American because (based on the conspiracy theories which he read on the Internet) the Rothschild’s own the Bank of England and therefore have power over the British Government; in spite of the fact that there isn’t any Rothschild’s family members in the Bank of England.

The confusion the conspiracy theory makes is the fact that the Rothschild’s have a Bank in England, located in London, and the conspiracy theory automatically associated it as being the ‘Bank of England’; even though in reality it’s a completely different Bank to the ‘Bank of England’ in London.

The Rothschild’s family was at its height during the 19th century, when they possessed the largest private fortune in the world.  Since then, although still powerful and influential, the Rothschild’s businesses are on a much smaller scale than they were during their heyday in the 19th century.

Winston Churchill was the key player for the national jewish Zionist hold on Isreal.The former mayor of Jerusalem, Musa Kazim el Husseini who denounced the Balfour Declaration, petitioned Churchill to stop the immigration of Jews into Palestine, and claimed that life for the Arabs was better under the Ottomans. Churchill responded, defending the Balfour Declaration and the reestablishing of the Jewish homeland. The Rothschilds have created and bought Isreal.

When India went into an Independent country, that was the end of England imperial power and American's boom in Corperationism imperial power. All these white secret society world power grabs can really be source to Zionist Isreal/America.

No more a pen and a sword rule
          It's a computer and big guns rule.

Yep, the Internet and missiles do ‘rule the waves’ these days.

Winston Churchill was a ‘Great WAR TIME’ Leader (a natural); but a very unpopular Leader during peacetime.

I was intrigued with your emphases on the American Jewish community; in Britain, the Jews don’t feature a great deal in our Society or on our News, other than when MPs in the Labour Party (Socialist) are accused of antisemitism; mainly because they speak their mind rather than be politically correct.

So after doing some research I was fascinated to learn that while an estimated 49.3% of Jews live in Israel, just over 40% live in the USA (just over 5 million); 2.1% of the American population.

In contrast, only 269,568 Jews live in the UK (0.4% of the British population): 2011 Census.

Another factor that may or may not play into politics in America is Religion in General e.g. people in the USA are far more religious than Europeans, and historically, when Europeans were more religious religion played a major role in shaping our Society and Politics? 

In the USA (2016), 79.2 of American people were religious, of which 73.7 were Christians; with only 18.2% having no religious belief e.g. atheists, agnostics etc.

In contrast, a series of latest surveys in the UK indicates that about 64% of people in the UK are not religious (the 2021 census will be the next time when there will be a definitive confirmation of these trends).

Religion in the UK was at its heyday in the mid-1950s, when the vast majority of the British people where Christians (most predominantly Church of England); but since then there’s been a steady decline in faith (which seems to have accelerated in recent years) as more and more people (especially the young) become atheists and agnostics etc.

In the UK in 2001, 71.6% of people were Christians, and just 23.2% were not religious.

In the UK in 2011, 59.5% of people were Christians, with 32.9% being non-religious.

In 2015 in the UK, a series of surveys indicated that for the first time in British history over 50% of the population had no religion, as faith in Christianity has continued to decline.  In the last few years since 2015 more recent surveys seem to indicate that the number of non-religious people in the UK has now increased to about 64% of the population e.g. a survey in 2018 of people below the age of 30 showed that only 21% in the UK are Christians, and 70% have no religious beliefs. 

As a side note, the vast majority of Christians in the UK are Church of England, but tend not to take their religion seriously e.g. in 2011; just 20% of Christians in the UK attended church (about 12% of the population); compared to 47% of Christians in the USA who attend church (37% of the American population).

It's just over dominating or centralizing does not agree with me. Far too many losers vs winners.  Cooperation project like London's greenspace makes everyone is a winner in the deal.

I won several sandsculpture world championships , there were 38 other contestants who were losers because it cost them more money than they earned. Too many losers in competition and over focus on financial.

I totally agree.  I’m not competitive by nature, and never have been; it’s probably why I don’t like sports. 

I’m guessing, from the views you express in these forums that you’d probably have a lot of respect of prominent British Billionaires e.g. Sir Richard Branson and Lord Alan Sugar.

Sir Richard Branson and Lord Alan Sugar are like ‘chalk and cheese’ e.g. Sir Richard Branson puts people first, whereas Lord Alan Sugar puts business first.  However, neither likes Trump, and both do have respect for people and for their employees.

And another thing that might surprise some Americans is that Lord Alan Sugar is NOT a ‘Conservative’ (Republican) as one might expect, but a ‘Socialist’, and was Personal Advisor to the Labour Government until 2010.  Albeit, he resigned from the Labour Party in 2015 to become an ‘Independent’ peer in the House of Lords because he considers Jeremy Corbyn is too left wing.

Sir Richard Branson’ controls more than 400 Companies under the ‘Virgin Group’ Brand; annual Revenue of about £20 billion ($27 billion), and employs about 71,000 people.  In contrast the Trump Organisation’s annual Revenue is only $9.5 billion, and employs only about 22,450 people (just a third of the size of the empire Sir Richard Branson owns and runs).

Sir Richard Branson’s “A new work culture” (Putting People First): https://youtu.be/V67nDvfNQV0

I remember Trump came to Branson's for support. Branson's asked Trump why do you want to get elected President.
                  Trump - I want to revenge on some people who did me wrong.  Branson's said, that is not a good idea.

There are some billionaire who are good humanitarian.

Yep, I remember that incident, Sir Richard Branson made reference to it in his interview on CBC (Canadian Broadcasting Corporation) in 2017; the reference starts at 5:14 in the video.

Sir Richard Branson says Trump is 'vindictive'  https://youtu.be/wiWl9ZLEPlE

Also, in the video, Sir Richard Branson also mentions his ‘Not for Profit’ ‘Virgin StartUp’ Company aimed at helping ordinary people in the UK to start-up their own business enterprise with free mentoring and cheap loans.

The oldest person (aged 73) to receive help from Virgin StartUp, to start his own business:  https://youtu.be/TIPC3snGH5o

Lord Bath
                    As well as UK Billionaires like Sir Richard Branson and Lord Alan Sugar (who come from humble backgrounds, and made their fortunes from scratch, starting with nothing), we also have plenty of millionaires born into ‘wealth’, with Lord Bath being the most famous of all.

Lord Bath (estimated worth, £157 million, over $200 million) is a hereditary Peer in the House of Lords, and aligned himself as a Liberal Democrat (Democrat). 

Lord Bath is most famous for converting his Estate at Longleat into a Safari Park, which opened in 1966 as the first drive-through safari park outside Africa.  Longleat is just 11 miles from where we live, and it’s a great place to visit for the day (day trip).

And he’s all the more famous for being such a lovable eccentric: https://youtu.be/BoxaYu4kpG8?t=194

Longleat Safari Park (owned by Lord Bath), and situated on his Estate in Bath, South West England:  https://youtu.be/0_mUiNIxOh8

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)