Truth and Reconciliation Commission

Jump to Last Post 1-2 of 2 discussions (26 posts)
  1. Ken Burgess profile image77
    Ken Burgessposted 3 years ago

We’re Going to Need a Truth and Reconciliation Commission to Recover From Trump

https://www.thenation.com/article/polit … ciliation/

We Need a Truth and Reconciliation Process for the Trump Era

https://inthesetimes.com/article/donald … -injustice

The Trump Accountability Project

https://www.trumpaccountability.net/

AOC Wants an ‘Enemies List’ of Trump Supporters

https://www.jewishpress.com/news/us-new … 020/11/08/

When the dust settles and the Democrats have majority in the House, the Senate, and hold the Presidency, will it be time to have our Truth Tribunals?

Should we focus in on ferreting out all the major supporters of Trump, those who helped enable this evil regime last for four years?

AOC has discussed making a list of all those who donated to his election in 2020, but is that enough?  Should we give leniency to those who unwittingly supported him in 2016, or should we hold all who supported him, then or now, to task for their betrayal to America?

1. wilderness profile image93
      wildernessposted 3 years agoin reply to this

Absolutely!  A chunk of the country needs set aside and all those that supported Trump, with words, money or votes, shall be labeled a "traitor" and banished to that part of the country.

About half the country should do it, although immigration from the other half will likely strain resources.

Ken Burgessposted 3 years agoin reply to this

Not at all, I expect re-education camps to be plenty effective, there is no need to break off any part of the country for the misguided few.

This is America, I am sure we can be as creative and successful with our re-education camps as China has with its Uighurs re education camps.

2. Sharlee01 profile image78
      Sharlee01posted 3 years agoin reply to this

Wonderful... Just what I wanted to hear.  I am so glad I am not one of them.
      I also must add, I am pleased I live in Michigan, I have the right to carry.

And they called Trump a Nazi. Can you even believe this crap?

This summer, the Democratic Party posted its party platform in which it outlined its plans for guns.

Ending the Epidemic of Gun Violence Gun violence is a public health crisis in the United States. Over 100,000 people are shot and nearly 40,000 people die annually from guns—devastating countless families, friends, and communities. We can and will make gun violence a thing of the past. Addressing the gun violence crisis requires supporting evidence-based programs that prevent gun deaths from occurring in the first place, including by making mental health care more accessible and supporting suicide reduction initiatives, funding interventions to reduce homicides and gun violence in neighborhoods, and strengthening protections against domestic violence. Democrats will also ensure the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention have sufficient resources to study gun violence as a public health issue, including the ongoing health care, mental health, economic, and social costs that can affect survivors and their families for years. Democrats will enact universal background checks, end online sales of guns and ammunition, close dangerous loopholes that currently allow stalkers, abusive partners, and some individuals convicted of assault or battery to buy and possess firearms, and adequately fund the federal background check system. We will close the “Charleston loophole” and prevent individuals who have been convicted of hate crimes from possessing firearms. Democrats will ban the manufacture and sale of assault weapons and high capacity magazines. We will incentivize states to enact licensing requirements for owning firearms and extreme risk protection order laws that allow courts to temporarily remove guns from the possession of those who are a danger to themselves or others. We will pass legislation requiring that guns be safely stored in homes.[And not on persons or in vehicles]

I am sure to this reasonable stance, they will ensure that Trump supporters (who are obvious threats to our Nation) be restricted from owning any sort of gun.

And they are going to prevent gun violence by defunding police and reducing police presence.  Right!

Just as they will prevent people convicted of hate crimes from possessing a gun...while they open the southern border to an even greater flow of guns and drugs.  Right!

Well yes, you are most likely right. I am glad I have a home in Mexico, maybe it's time to stay on the fun side of the wall. Actually not much here I appreciate any longer. I am not up for a revolution.

1. profile image0
            PrettyPantherposted 3 years agoin reply to this

For eight years, we listened to the incessant wailing that Obama was going to take away our guns. Biden hasn't even taken office and it's already starting. Yes, please do move to Mexico. I wonder if their Constitution protects your right to bear arms?

1. Sharlee01 profile image78

Mexico's constitution guarantees citizens' right to own a handgun and hunting rifles for self-defense and sport.

1. profile image0

Great! Ours does, too, but since you are so fearful of your own government, by all means, move to Mexico where you will so obviously be safer from tyranny.

The law does guarantee our right to own hunting rifles. 

The question, then, is why Democrats are dead set on removing those same hunting rifles under the intentionally false but scary label of "assault guns".  Along with handguns, for that matter - there are several cities that have tried that.

1. profile image0

Yeah, uh-huh, okay.

So, cities have tried to limit guns. My city prohibits marijuana dispensaries even though they are legal in Oregon. I realize that gun ownership is constitutionally protected so I do see the difference. However, one must always allow for citizens to decide what is best for their particular situation as long as constitutional rights are protected. Would you agree?

I just have to point this out... Did you note an undertone to my comment -- Fun side of the wall, not up for a revolution? I was trying to be a bit funny, lighten up the conversation. No more no less.

2. profile image0
    PrettyPantherposted 3 years ago

It is so depressing to see people espousing such ridiculous nonsense as though it is reality based.

Our country is doomed..

Not so good at recognizing sarcasm, are you?

1. profile image0

I guess not. You all didn't  mean what you posted? I guess I am pretty bad at catching it then.

You can bet AOC and those who wrote the opinions/articles linked meant every word they said.

And you can be sure a Democrat led Congress will not simply let bygones be bygones, there will be justice, and there will be hearings to make sure such a travesty can never happen again, and all those that went along with it will be targeted and ousted from positions of importance ASAP.

There will be no compromise with the enemy. 

As the author of How to be an Antiracist stated you are either an Antiracist or you are a racist, there is no inbetween, there is no neutral, and this methodology and mindset is set firm in our politics as well.

“There is no in-between safe space of ‘not racist,’” Ibram X. Kendi, director of the Antiracist Research and Policy Center at American University said. “The claim of ‘not racist’ neutrality is a mask for racism.”

“One endorses either the idea of a racial hierarchy as a racist, or racial equality as an antiracist,” Kendi writes in How to Be an Antiracist, published in 2019. “One either believes problems are rooted in groups of people, as a racist, or locates the roots of problems in power and policies, as an antiracist. One either allows racial inequities to persevere, as a racist, or confronts racial inequities, as an antiracist.”

There can be no compromise, there can be no let up, this is the struggle of our time, we must expose all racists to the light of day, we must do away with antiquated thoughts and teachings like Nationalism, our history needs to be rewritten to show the "founding fathers" and Confederates not to be heroes, not to have statues in their honor, but as they truly were, slave owners, rebels that fought against their country and sacrificed the lives of their fellow Americans in pursuit of their own power and glory.

With today's technology we can ferret out those who will not accept the new world, of true equality and opportunity for all, we will have a Social Credit system that monitors every post, tweet, purchase, to ensure those that are vile and reprehensible people do not have access to Social Media, or the ability to travel or gain access to others, the worst of them will be sent to re-education camps to be rehabilitated and to protect the populace.

The future looks bright for our country and the world with the Democratic Party leading the way.

1. profile image0

You are projecting Trump's mindset, most expertly carried out by McConnell, onto Biden.

I am projecting my belief in what the Democratic Party stands for and will champion going forward.

It is written in their party platform, it is espoused by their leadership.

I am sorry if you don't recognize the necessity of the changes to come, or the seriousness of my position on it. 

I recognize the evolution the world is taking, I have read the Global Compact on Migration, have you?

I have studied the reports and positions of Agenda 2030, have you?

I comprehend the value of the Social Credit system put in place in China, and I recognize that America has the ability through Google, Facebook, Twitter, etc. to establish a similar system here, Biden plans to create an “equal” and public credit reporting agency that would assign “social credit scores” to tens of millions of Americans.

I recognize the value of what the Democratic leadership is going to bring to our Country, do you?

1. profile image0

I have noticed you overlay your own fears onto whatever you are reading.

Come back to me in eight years and if Democrats have confiscated guns from all Trump supporters I will bow to your brilliance.

You misread my posts if you think there are "fears" written into them.

As for Trump supporters, if AOC has the ability to tabulate all those who contributed to Trump's campaign(s) I have no concerns.

Supporting Trump should be considered a hate crime, and those who have committed hate crimes will have their ability to legally own a gun suspended, it really is that simple.

I am a little disappointed with your negative views on the Democratic Platform and proposed initiatives.

1. profile image0

I'm not sure what negative views you are referring to, and your interpretation of AOC's comments reveals your fears quite clearly.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)