Biden approval jumps to 64%; Trump plunges to 29%

Jump to Last Post 1-4 of 4 discussions (14 posts)
  1. ScottSBateman profile image77
    ScottSBatemanposted 22 months ago

- 68% want Trump out of politics
    - 75% say he has at least some responsibility for the Capitol Hill violence

If there is violence on Inauguration Day, Trump's ratings may decline even more. The odds of a Senate conviction will go up.

https://www.pewresearch.org/politics/20 … -job-mark/

1. Kathryn L Hill profile image75
      Kathryn L Hillposted 22 months agoin reply to this

This is pure wishful thinking.

2. Sharlee01 profile image84
      Sharlee01posted 22 months agoin reply to this

"Biden approval jumps to 64%; Trump plunges to 29%"

And he has not done anything as of yet, not even in the job yet...  Makes one really wonder about polls or maybe about many American's thought processes. Interesting

1. Credence2 profile image77
        Credence2posted 22 months agoin reply to this

I don't know why you all think this Trump fellow is so wonderful that so many of you would defend him even from the depths of hell?

Our thought process are fine Sharlee, the outcome of all this could have been reasonably and logically anticipated ahead of time. After the Coronavirus pandemic, Trump's alleged tepid response and the nose dive of the economy, he became vulnerable in a way he did not before. I am sure that if it wasn't for that, he probably would have won reelection, to my dismay.

1. Sharlee01 profile image84

"Biden approval jumps to 64%; Trump plunges to 29%"

"And he has not done anything as of yet, not even in the job yet...  Makes one really wonder about polls or maybe about many American's thought processes. Interesting'

Simple opinion responding to the poll posted in this thread. Just a thought.  Not sure what people are going on to give him such high praise.  Not pointing to finger at any one person or persons. 

I was making a deduction about polls, and what seems to be human nature.

I had hoped some here would realize by now, I am pretty straight up, no dog whistles.  I was careful, not to point out anyone or any group. Just critiquing a poll.   I mean do we have any idea what Biden will do or won't do to assign him an approval rating?

I would like to get to know Biden a bit before I take an approval poll. Just saying.

1. profile image0
            PrettyPantherposted 22 months agoin reply to this

Let's see....he is assembling a diverse cabinet of highly qualified individuals, he has assembled a science team and created a cabinet-level science posituon, he has developed a plan to speed the dissemination of the COVID-19 vaccine, he has shown maturity and restraint around the Capitol insurrection attempt, and he has behaved like an adult in the face of the current administration's shenanigans, which range from remarkably childish to maliciously dangerous.

So far, I approve.

Last I heard none of his cabinets had been confirmed. The majority were laid off by Obama and now called off lay-off. Not sure what he will do no the vaccine, hopefully, he does do well. I am not ever impressed by politicians that make promises, I like the ones that do what they said they would do. Get back to on this one in a year or two. Don't ever like to predict or back "if comes".

Not going to bash him or give him accolades for "if comes".  So far looks like he can read a monitor, and say what's been written.  I will give him some time.

2. Credence2 profile image77

I approve as well, Panther.

He is showing me that he does not intend to be a mere GOP light lapdog. I am most pleased.

2. Credence2 profile image77

Most new presidents start out with stellar performance ratings, much because of anticipated change in course.

Trump and his troubles are naturally going to depress his ratings.

Yes, I think you may be right about most presidents starting out with good polls. As a rule American's rally around the president they voted for.

Obama started out of the gate in the high 60's
              Barack Obama Job Approval Rating Summary
              % Approve
              2009-2017 term average    48
              First-term average    49
              Second-term average    47
              High point    69
              Poll date    2009: Jan 22-24
              Low point    38
              Poll dates    2011 Aug -- 3 polls; 2011 Oct -- 2 polls; 2014 Sep -- 2 polls

No need to compare Trump versus Obama polls am well aware of the fact  Trump's polls were not great coming in and very bad going out.

2. Live to Learn profile image60
    Live to Learnposted 22 months ago

Umm, kind of hard to believe; without factoring in biased questions by pollsters, manipulation of data and heavy partisan spin.

The guy has done nothing yet.

3. profile image0
    ValKarasposted 22 months ago

I always viewed Trumpism as a psychological, rather than a political phenomenon, characterized by a politically induced mass hypnosis. The subjects were mostly folks in a need of an inner strong guide to fight their own inner soft human side -- which got exteriorized and projected in political arena where they saw one "macho"-leader fighting the soft, human nature of Democrat policies.
    And I am not criticizing, mocking, or otherwise putting down any of it -- just diagnosing. If any of you find it offensive, then don't forget to also resent your doctor's telling you that your blood pressure is a little high, and your sympathetic nervous system somewhat hyperactive.-- should that be a case.

1. profile image0
      PrettyPantherposted 22 months agoin reply to this

big_smile

4. profile image0
    ValKarasposted 22 months ago

It's been said that "the road to hell is paved with good intentions" -- and yet -- some intentions don't sound at the very start as if they are doomed in advance to end up with that proverbial hell.
    I shamelessly admit, I almost liked something about Trump, all until he said that Mexico was going to pay for his wall. In what insane universe could that have happened? And he totally lost me when he separated those parents from kids. All politics aside, that was inhuman.
    As for ratings, running a country is a terribly complex job, and with all good intentions so much stays unpredictable. Like the whimsical stock market, favorable-or-not global economy, and the nature of resistance from the opposition party which may thwart the best of intentions -- just to make themselves more popular, not for the ultimate benefit of the nation.
    What I am saying is that it's not always solely up to a candidate how his or her promises turn out.
    But, so far, this dude looks at least pretty collected and free of tantrums -- which of itself is promising, because decisions in life shouldn't be generated by nerves, rather by a sober mind. And listening to those around, instead of firing them has its own virtue.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)