What A Difference A Year Makes

Jump to Last Post 1-6 of 6 discussions (38 posts)
  1. Sharlee01 profile image79
    Sharlee01posted 2 years ago

https://hubstatic.com/15775522_f1024.jpg
    With prices surging worldwide for heating oil, natural gas, and other fuels, the U.S. government said Wednesday it expects households to see their heating bills jump as much as 54% compared to last winter.  https://apnews.com/article/business-pri … e25dff1983

Gas prices rising daily  -- https://gasprices.aaa.com/

Price of oil per barrel
    Oct, 2020 $39.90 per barrel
    Oct 2021 $83.57 per barrel

One year ago we were the closest we have ever been to becoming energy independent.  -- "How much oil did the US export in 2020?

The United States became a net annual petroleum exporter in 2020. In 2020, the United States exported about 8.51 MMb/d and imported about 7.86 MMb/d of petroleum1, making the United States a net annual petroleum exporter for the first time since at least 1949. Apr 13, 2021" source   https://www.eia.gov/energyexplained/oil … xports.php

Can someone, anyone explain to me the logic of paying higher prices for oil buying it from people who don’t particularly like us,  so that we can use the same amount of gasoline and produce the same greenhouse gasses. But, the real kicker, we are benefitting the other guy while our economy CRASHES!

Biden has US companies cutting oil production, but asking  Russia, and OPEC to ramp up production?   So, are we sacrificing by paying more for our energy, to allow other countries to benefit monetarily?     And yes, the same emissions are being emitted, and the same pollution is being created in our atmosphere.  This has pure crazy written all over it.

Today Biden chided Russia, China, and OPEC for not attending the Climate Summit.  Why in the world would they have attended, they intend to ramp up oil to support the world's needs. We are now one of the needy.

In my view, this was a man-made problem, created by poor decision-making on the part of the New Administration. And that mistake now has us paying more for our energy needs. I would have preferred to stay energy independent. I think I'll turn off my water to save the water supply, and beg my mean neighbors to sell me their water at a higher price.  The Biden Administration attacks every problem in a topsy truvy manner. And in my view, the majority of the problems we see out of this administration are their own creations.

Thoughts ---

1. Kathryn L Hill profile image78
      Kathryn L Hillposted 2 years agoin reply to this

Hardly laughable, yet I do.
        ... that's not really a good sign, is it?

2. peterstreep profile image81
      peterstreepposted 2 years agoin reply to this

We are living in a climate crisis. So oil is the last thing to promote.
      Go and invest in eco-friendly resources. That's the future.
      We as a world can not afford to continue on an carbon-based energy.
      As a country the longer you wait with changing your energy resources, the more you will miss out in the near future. And you will pollute more making this world inhabitable.

Oil is a problem, not a solution. And we should get rid of it as soon as possible. (which means a new way of thinking about resources and energy)

1. Nathanville profile image92
        Nathanvilleposted 2 years agoin reply to this

Yep, I totally agree with you peterstreep. 

On the point raised in this forum of heating bills in the USA rising by as much as 54%:  In the UK the UK Government had already ‘Capped’ energy price rises to domestic homes to 20% e.g. fuel bills in the UK cannot rise more than 20%; albeit the knock on effect of such a Government Policy is that about a third of the 55 Utility Companies in the UK have already gone bankrupt since September, with more expected to collapse over winter – but at least the consumer (customer) is protected for now.

All being well, the worldwide shortage of natural gas, shall by the end of this week have less effect on me as, all being well, we should finally have our solar panels and battery fully operational e.g. by next week I will be almost self-sufficient in our electricity, which will be clean, green ‘Renewable Energy’ generated by us from our own roof.

Sharlee01posted 2 years agoin reply to this

It is odd that a country with not a great deal of sun can hope to rely on solar. Will solar be work well in the winter and spring of the year? I feel solar is the future, we just are not up to par as of yet.

Our Government has no problem importing oil, and they certainly have no concern where it comes from, as long as it comes. And at this point, our President has no problem attending a climate summit, while fully well knowing he is promoting oil production in other countries.   In other words, pollute your country, we don't care to pollute ours... A bit half-assed, is it not?

It would appear the Government overreach in regard to heating one home at this point is not working well.

Well, yeah, I’ve been very critical of the USA since 2016 because it turned its back on the ‘Paris Agreement’ while most of the rest of the world continued to strive towards a greener future.

However, with a change of Administration I was hoping that with a new Administration who has signed the Paris Agreement, and attended the COP26 (Climate Change) meeting on Glasgow that there is a ray of hope for the future!

I know that the USA is an oil guzzler and a major oil producer, and squaring the circle between that and Renewable Energies isn’t going to be easy.  The UK has done it, and is doing it, so it’s not impossible; we all just have to have the right attitude, and keep up the pressure for change. 

If we give in, then nothing is going to change.

As regards your first point; the main source of Renewable Energy in the UK is wind.  Just as China is a world leader in Solar Energy so the UK is a world leader in wind power; generating thousands of jobs, $billions of wealth, and exporting our technology and expertise (Export) across Europe and even to China. 

In 2020 55% of the UK’s electricity came from Renewable Sources; 24.8% from wind, while solar accounted for just 4.4% of the total energy mix.  But 4% is 4%, and more and more people are installing solar panels on their roofs every month, so that figure will slowly climb over the years.

As you said, the UK does not get a great deal of sun, but these days, thanks to the innovations and mass production by China (economy of scale) solar panels are a lot more affordable and more efficient than they used to be, so that even in a country like the UK that doesn’t get much sun they do pay for themselves within less than 10 years.

Once our solar panels are operational I shall put together an article for HubPages which will give more detailed information.

Thank you for your reply. Very informative, and very much common sense. I will look forward to your article on your personal uses of solar energy works out.

Installation done, so I can start on the article now; but in the meantime, a video I made covering the installation and usage:-

Installing Solar Panels & Battery, and Switching to Octopus Energy to Save Money on Our Electricity:  https://youtu.be/CyuxUT4kxkY

2. Sharlee01 profile image79

Great ideals  ---. But this thread was meant to point out hypocrisy. A president that clearly says one thing and does another, in essence, a hypocrite.

I purposely left out the subject of climate change. However, that would make a great thread.  But thank you for your post.

1. peterstreep profile image81

I don't know about hypocrisy. Surely you can find any politician saying this and doing that. It's more about the big picture.
          And the big picture is that fossil fuels are killing us and life on this planet. No matter if you vote right, center or left.
          Perhaps you took the wrong example with oil. Because at this moment using less oil (and coal) is better than using more.
          And when you talk about oil and resources, the climate crisis is bound to come up as a topic.

"I don't know about hypocrisy. Surely you can find any politician saying this and doing that. It's more about the big picture."

I must comment on this kind of mindset.  Is it not our Government that can truly make changes in regard to the big picture. It certainly is not I that has asked for more oil to be produced. I have no say in the production of oil. Yes, I can choose to use less oil... That is clear, and that is a positive. One can chat until the cows come home, but ultimately it does nothing to stop world leaders that are the ones that hold the power to make big changes. I love a good soap-box speech. However, I am realistic, and understand that the soap-box speeches do little to make real change. Our leaders do... I feel in the case I presented shows a ton of hypocrisy.

I certainly agree that the mention of energy opened the door to your comment. I thanked you for your post. I don't find your analogy to "right and left"  even necessary to the subject.

I took the example I hoped to discuss here on HPs. The hypocrisy of an action taken by my President. 

It would seem you are taking my comment out of context?
            You have as much right as I to post here on HP and are welcome to add anything you please on the climate.

2. Readmikenow profile image94
          Readmikenowposted 2 years agoin reply to this

I think the biggest point is it is that with the United States resources, this does not have to happen.  It is only happening because of the incompetence of a senile president.

Correct, this entire crisis was created by a very corrupt dangerous administration.

3. Ken Burgess profile image79
        Ken Burgessposted 2 years agoin reply to this

We did NOTHING to get rid of our consumption of oil... which is the point of the post.

So what Biden did on day one is shut down America's Oil and Natural Gas production,  halting energy development on federal land, shutting down the 80 million-acre oil lease sale putting the Louisiana oil and gas industry near to bankruptcy,  shutting down oil and energy development in ANWAR which would increase use of the Alaska pipeline, etc.

Our inability to supply our own Oil needs, our lack of self sufficiency, has led not only to higher gas prices, but those costs get transferred to all other goods and services as well.

This in turn hurts all Americans who now pay more for Gas, Heating Oil, Power, Food (transport costs go up which is transferred to prices).

Biden did this BEFORE creating/passing any EV tax credits, Solar Power (home system) tax credits, Infrastructure for EVs across the nation, etc. which is looking less and less likely to pass at all... since the House Democrats can't stop fighting amongst one another DESPITE the Senate having approved months ago the Infrastructure Bill.

The actions of the Biden Administration have strengthened OPEC (including Russia when he rolled back sanctions and allowed the pipeline)  while harming the American economy.

3. Valeant profile image85
      Valeantposted 2 years agoin reply to this

Thoughts?

October of 2018, oil price per barrel was $76.73.
      December of 2019, just before the pandemic, it was still $63.35.
      August 2021, $68.87

Comparing pandemic prices, when not many were traveling to the price when the demand is high is like comparing apples to oranges.  Especially when the rise could easily be attributed to the drawdown in production that began in 2020 UNDER TRUMP which you falsely claim Biden began.

May 2020 oil production by thousands of barrels:  301,045.
      August 2021:  345,369

Chart for the price of oil per year per month. By Dec 2018 oil prices started to go down, and continued to go down throughout 2019, and got very low in 2020. In Mar 2021 prices started raising Mar $60.67 per barrel verse Mar 2020 $31.01. I just used October to be very fair. But if you would like to compare all months from the month Bide came into office compared to the previous years please check the chart.  Not sure why you feel the pandemic affect us pumping here in the US. That was Biden...  Biden should have ridden Trump's coat tail, he just did not have good sense. He could have done much better in many respects if he did not come in like a bull in a china shop. That is just my opinion.  https://www.forbes.com/sites/rrapier/20 … 1fe68d2561
        https://www.cnn.com/2021/08/13/business … index.html

Not sure how you can defend his decisions in this regard. But that's your right.

https://www.eia.gov/dnav/pet/hist/LeafH … _3&f=m

2. Live to Learn profile image59
    Live to Learnposted 2 years ago

Shirt sleeve commitments. It’s insane. We are all committed to reducing our carbon footprint but many on the left do not take the time to understand the issues.

It’s insane. We could produce for our current needs here. But, instead, we destabilize the economy by putting ourselves into a position to have oil carted  in, to more of a detriment of the environment, from foreign sources.

I’ve always believed the left has, not only the attention span of a four year old but, the critical thinking skills of a first grader. It appears to be more important to pretend to care about and understand an issue in order to toe a party line than to help to be part of the solution.

The issues Live to Learn are so heavy that no politician wants to burn their fingers (left nor right).
      As to really change the course of the climate crisis we have to do a lot of changing how we live today.
      Politicians in the west always did short-term thinking and are more concerned about parliament seats than the reality.
      Most politicians don't even grasp the danger the world is in. And as it is a world problem and most politicians think local (own country) this does not help to stop the problem.

Things that has to be done drastically:

Stop eating meat
      Stop cutting wood and plant trees
      Stop using fossil energy and use solar, wind, water energy.
      Stop producing plastics.
      Stop overproducing food
      Stop thinking in terms of growth economy but think about an economy in an equilibrium.

All these things are incredibly difficult as lots of money is involved. (let alone habits of eating meat and using gas and oil) So it's making decisions the people don't want. (and which politician wants to make unhappy decisions that can lose their seats..)

It's in the end the factories and corporations (the big money) that needs to be stopped. But they have so much corrupted the governments in the West that this will be tough to do The meat industry is huge and invested lots of money in political parties. So does the big oil.

But solve the problem we must.

1. Readmikenow profile image94
        Readmikenowposted 2 years agoin reply to this

When I see things like I think you should lead by example.

1. Stop using anything that is plastic.
        2. Stop using anything associated with fossil fuels. This will eliminate many things from your life. Do you have any idea how many things in your life will be eliminated?
        3. Stop eating meat, but also any food source that involves the use of fossil fuels for its production.

So, let me know how it goes.  If you do this I will be impressed. If not, you are just one more person who wants other people to change and have their life stay the same.

You can try. Or you can be indifferent. And in between.
          I try.
          I don't eat meat, don't wear leather. I reuse, and clean plastic bags and kitchen wrap etc. Live on solar power, grow my own food (80%). As I said I do my best.
          I do have a car and the keyboard I'm typing on is plastic. So yes, I understand the point you try to make. Nobody can live without plastics but you can try. And for most, it's difficult to do (practically or psychologically). But governments can make it easier to do.

The main problem is not by the consumer, but by the producer.
          How does a country generate electricity? How is the public transport system? What products have a high tax and what a low tax? what is subsidized and what not?

A lot can be done so we can live in a cleaner (healthier) world. But this has to be done by the powers that can change societies. (governments, corporations, churches, public figures, social media, Instagram Influencers...)
          They are the ones that should lead by example.

Yep, I’m with you peterstreep; I try too:-

•    I’m a vegetarian.

•    I re-use plastic bags; although they are few and far between these days in the UK as the UK Government banned supermarkets (food stores) from issuing free plastic bags back in 2015.  If from that date you want a single use plastic bag you now have to pay 10p ($.15) per bag.

In 2014, prior to the ban, the supermarkets gave away 7.6 billion single use plastic bags; last year only 564 million single plastic bags were sold at $0.15 each:  A massive reduction in use of plastics. 

The UK Government also banned the sale of plastic straws in 2020.

And from April 2022 the UK government is introducing a ‘plastic packaging’ tax to further discourage supermarkets (food stores) from using plastic.

•    I also recycle and upcycle other materials, especially wood, whenever I can.

•    We’ve just had solar panels and a wall battery fitted, so we will be almost self-sufficient on electricity by next week.

•    I also grow my own vegetable, everything except potatoes, and enough to feed us 12 months of the year, and we also grow a variety of fruits.

2. Nathanville profile image92

Yep, peterstreep is absolutely right.

It’s not always the ‘left’, as ‘Live to learn’ claims, that makes the difficult decisions to transition from ‘fossil fuel’ to ‘renewable energy’, and other necessary changes to reduce our ‘carbon footprint’.

For example, in the UK; it was a ‘right-wing’ Conservative/Capitalist Government in the 1980’s (the Margaret Thatcher regime) that closed down the coal mining industry; putting millions out of work and into poverty.

For example, in the UK: under a ‘right-wing’ Conservative/Capitalist Government over the past 7 years the UK has gone from 30% of its energy mix coming from coal to less than 1% today, and the last coal-fire powered station is due to close in 2025.

•    In the UK in 1990, 67% of our electricity came from coal.
      •    In the UK in 2014, 30% of our electricity came from coal.
      •    In the UK in 2016, 22% of our electricity came from coal.
      •    In the UK in 2017, 2% of our electricity came from coal.
      •    In the UK today, less than 1% of our electricity comes from coal.
      •    In the UK, by 2025 0% of our electricity will come from coal.

In recent years, as a stepping stone away from fossil fuels to Renewable Energy, given that it takes time to build wind and solar farms, and develop other Renewable Energies, the UK Government has used natural gas as a stepping stone in its transition from fossil fuels to renewable energy e.g. natural gas is cleaner than coal. 

For example, in the UK:  a ‘right-wing’ Conservative/Capitalist Government is committed to phasing out natural gas by 2035; and for all domestic energy to be 100% Renewable Energy.  In 2019 40.7% of the UK’s energy mix was from natural gas.  However, as part of the process of phasing out natural gas in 2020 the amount of electricity generated from natural gas had fallen to 35.7%.

As part of keeping its commitment to phase out natural gas; recently the UK right-wing Conservative/Capitalist Government set a policy to ban all new installations of gas central heating boilers by 2035; and are encouraging householders to switch to ‘green’ alternative forms of heating by offering each householder £5,000 ($6,800) grants to make the switch.

For example, in the UK:  a ‘right-wing’ Conservative/Capitalist Government is banning the sale of all new fossil fuel vehicles by 2030.

For example, in the UK:  a ‘right-wing’ Conservative/Capitalist Government just a few years ago made it illegal for supermarkets (food stores) to give away free plastic bags to customers; have banned the sale of plastic straws, and currently considering the ban of sales of ‘wet wipes’ that contain plastic (which is about 90% of wet wipes sold).

For example, in the UK:  a ‘right-wing’ Conservative/Capitalist Government earlier this year set a target of trebling tree planting rates in England to 7,000ha each year by May 2024 as part of its new England Trees Action Plan.

For example, in the UK:  a ‘right-wing’ Conservative/Capitalist Government, has been running an awareness campaign to encourage people to eat less meat, to help save the planet.

For example, although there is far more oil and gas underground in the UK, than there ever was in the North Sea:  it was a ‘right-wing’ Conservative/Capitalist Government who has regulated against ‘fracking’ to make it commercially unviable (unprofitable) to frack in the UK; consequently the one and only company that did try to frack in the UK went bankrupt a couple of years ago because of the UK Governments’ anti-fracking Regulations.

The point is, this is not a political party issue (left against right), but a global issue that will adversely affect all (regardless to politics) if we don’t act now, and don’t act decisively.

3. Sharlee01 profile image79

At this point, our Government has no problem importing oil, and they certainly have no concern where it comes from, as long as it comes. And at this point, our President has no problem attending a climate summit, while fully well knowing he is promoting oil production in other countries.   In other words, pollute your country, we don't care to pollute ours...

I agree with every word you shared...

3. Valeant profile image85
    Valeantposted 2 years ago

US oil production by month: (by 1,000's of barrels)
    May 2020:  301,045

March 2021:  345,946
    April:  336,905
    May:  351,346
    June:  338,645
    July:  351,116
    August:  345,369

US Natural Gas production by month: (million cubic feet per day)
    May 2020:  105,971

March 2021:  112,333
    April:  113,631
    May:  113,237
    June:  113,040
    July:  112,824
    August:  114,734

The current levels of monthly oil and natural gas production seem to undermine your claim. You're making the claim that oil and gas production got shut down, but the numbers look very stable.  Gas and oil production was shut down in May of 2020 at the height of the pandemic and is still trying to recover to pre-pandemic levels.

Why is Biden halting federal oil and gas sales?  Ken actually did a great job covering this subject. It certainly is a complicated subject.

https://apnews.com/article/why-is-biden … debeb3f882

1. Valeant profile image85

From the article:

After what they call a “fire sale” of public energy reserves under Trump, Biden’s team argues that companies still have plenty of undeveloped leases — almost 14 million acres (6 million hectares) in western states and more than 9 million acres (3.6 million hectares) offshore. Companies also have about 7,700 unused drilling permits — enough for years.

Despite the moratorium, the Biden administration has continued to issue new permits for existing leases, including more than 200 in March, records show.

I guess the word halting would have been the wrong word since Biden continued to issue permits for existing leases.

2. Ken Burgess profile image79

Wait... so you are saying at the height of the Pandemic, when no one was traveling... the output was 301,045.

And now that we are out of the pandemic, when everyone is traveling, and the use of gas has gone up by multiple factors, we are producing only slightly more oil.

And you think that argument shows that Biden's efforts have had no negative impact?

Interesting.  Huge increase in demand for oil and gas... very little increase in production.

Which would be the reason for this:
      https://oilprice.com/Energy/Crude-Oil/B … e-Oil.html

https://www.cnn.com/2021/08/13/business … index.html

By slightly more, you seem to assume that difference from 301,000 to 345,000 is slight.  One time, we reached 400,000.  Aside from that in 2019, the average was 373,000 per month.

The average for the second half of 2020 was around 325,000.  We are now averaging about 345,000 with plans to produce more in 2022.  And contrary to the claims, production remains steady.

1. Ken Burgess profile image79

If the 80 million-acre oil lease sale in Louisiana and oil and energy development in ANWAR as well as lease sales in the Gulf of Mexico and in Wyoming, Colorado, Montana and Utah had not been stopped by Biden, perhaps we would be producing 400,000 or more per month now.

Perhaps Biden would not be pleading for OPEC to produce more oil, we would not be concerned with OPEC for we would be able to attend to our needs far better.

What wise leadership would have done, is found a way to pass their Infrastructure Bill that enables the development of the electric grid and recharge stations for EVs, and incentivizes people to purchase solar power and EVs.

And then, once that was well under way, add federal taxes on Oil and Gas which would help recoup the costs of developing a better electric grid and a EV recharge infrastructure.

And then, begin limiting the production of oil on Federal land and within America in general.

What Biden has done, is ass backwards and does more harm to the economy and to people least able to afford a rise in prices, gas in particular.

A lot of if's in that statement.  Here are some real causations of a reduction of oil production.

https://www.reuters.com/business/energy … 021-09-07/

Real Causations are when you shut down oil and energy development.
              Period.
              Yes you can find some BS article written by some BS writer to skew that truth.
              Reality... we had low oil prices for years, Biden restricted production and new development and now we don't.
              Cause and Effect.

When gas prices increase, a larger share of households’ budgets is spent on it, those living paycheck to paycheck can least afford that, which leaves less for them to spend on other goods and services.

The same goes for businesses whose goods must be shipped from place to place, higher oil prices make production more expensive for business, just as they make it more expensive for households to do the things they normally do.

Therefore, making it his first act of his Administration, to curtail oil production, as we are recovering from a pandemic shut down, is about as idiotic a decision, as deliberate an effort to hurt the American economy as there could be.

There is no alternative 'reality' or 'better explanation' to this... on day 1 Biden's decisions began hurting poor Americans and a recovering American economy more than anything any outside force could do to impact the US.

This continues today, with his Mandates which are causing millions of Americans to lose their jobs, which will impact production and costs.

Biden is a wrecking ball to America's prosperity and production ability.

2. Ken Burgess profile image79

Real Causations are when you shut down oil and energy development.
              Period.
              Yes you can find some BS article written by some BS writer to skew the perspective.
              Reality... we had low oil prices for years, Biden restricted production and new development and now we don't.
              Cause and Effect.

When gas prices increase, a larger share of households’ budgets is spent on it, those living paycheck to paycheck can least afford it, which leaves less to spend on other goods and services.

The same goes for businesses whose goods must be shipped from place to place, higher oil prices make production more expensive for business, just as they make it more expensive for households to do the things they normally do.

Therefore, making it his first act of his Administration, to curtail oil production, as we are recovering from a pandemic shut down, is about as idiotic a decision, as deliberate an effort to hurt the American economy as their could be.

There is no alternative 'reality' or 'better explanation' to this... on day 1 Biden's decisions began hurting poor Americans and a recovering American economy more than anything any outside force could do to impact the US.

This continues today, with his Mandates which are causing millions of Americans to lose their jobs, which will impact production and costs.

Biden is a wrecking ball to America's prosperity and production ability.

Skew the perspective?  How about acknowledging reality that oil production was shut down for weeks because of Ida.

You keep saying that Biden 'curtailed oil production,' but the data just does not support your statement.   For those "Biden is preventing drilling" people, consider this: since he took office, the number of rigs drilling for oil has risen by 62%. Again, not because of him, and not despite him. A function of the rising price of oil.

That's bunk, with no factual support.

https://www.eia.gov/dnav/ng/hist/e_ertr … nus_cm.htm

From 2001 to 2019 the active rig count averaged well over 1,000.

Based on demand we should be well over that number now, closing in on 2,000 as we did from 2011 - 2014, but we are no where near that.

Such an increase, or the recovery from the Pandemic Shutdowns, would be complete if not for Biden's restrictions and closures.

Instead of having nearly 2,000 rigs active, its barely over 500.

https://www.aogr.com/web-exclusives/us-rig-count/2021

Instead of begging OPEC for more oil or laughing at the situation
                  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wqj9KD0ia6k
                  We should be incentivizing and supporting the industry here in America, during this recovery period, not restricting it and shutting pipelines down.

The numbers add up since Biden was elected over 200 more oil rigs have begun re-operating from the 300 that were going in November.

Your own link discounts your claims. 
                    Dec 2018, oil rigs 1,077.
                    It was already down to 800 before the pandemic even hit. 
                    By July of 2020, it was down to 255.

Even when things were running smooth, look at how many new rigs were added from a month to month basis.  The max is close to 30 per month.  Yet in your world, with supply chain issues and worker issues, that number should just magically be higher.  Sure.

4. Valeant profile image85
    Valeantposted 2 years ago

So far, the sources posted in this thread have been able to show using data:

1.)  That oil and natural gas output has not declined this year but risen since 2020 and been consistent.

Right-wing myth #1:  Joe Biden has cut oil and gas output since taking office.  The data says that is not true.

2.)  That oil and gas companies have 23 million acres of untapped leases and 7,700 unused drilling permits that will last them years.

Right-wing myth #2:  Joe Biden has limited oil and gas companies abilities to develop new oil and gas sources. 

Like I've been saying, this doom and gloom outlook coming from the right is not founded in reality.  The propaganda machine is feeding you falsehoods that you believe instead of doing deeper research and discovering the truth for yourselves.

5. emge profile image78
    emgeposted 2 years ago

Mike, you have certainly made a very important point and that concerns the present president as I've always said he would have been better off feeding fish with his grandchildren, than being the President of the United States.

In my view, I would want around my Grandchildren... He is being handled, and this is more or less an inside quiet coup to disrupt our Government. It does appear the tide is turning. 2022 will speak volumes about what American's think about the administration. Hopefully, Republicans take back Congress and put an abrupt end to this crazy bunch.

6. charleskikas profile image92
    charleskikasposted 2 years ago

Amen, brother. You hit the nail on the head.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)