Trump and his mishandling of documents increased to 40 charges.

Jump to Last Post 1-3 of 3 discussions (10 posts)
  1. peoplepower73 profile image91
    peoplepower73posted 9 months ago

Jack Smith, the Special Counsel appointed to investigate Trump's misdoings has now increased his charges to the mishandling of classified documents to 40.  It looks like we are back at the the days of Richard Nixon and the erasing of parts of incriminating recordings. 

Trump and his workers are being charged with the intention of erasing a server containing incriminating evidence about the handling of classified documents that could affect the security of the nation.

This is the actual indictment that supersedes the previous one.  It is 60 pages long  and reads like a movie script.  These things can't be made up. I read the entire document.

https://www.documentcloud.org/documents … ra-7272354

2. Kathleen Cochran profile image77
    Kathleen Cochranposted 9 months ago

We handed a 4-year-old a loaded gun and turned him loose. What did reasonable people think would happen? And we haven't come to the end of discovering everything he did with that loaded gun.

3. peoplepower73 profile image91
    peoplepower73posted 9 months ago

Kathleen:  He is a spoiled brat child in a man's body.  He always has to get his way.  He uses the same tactics on court proceedings that he uses on women when he tries to seduce them..  He is persistent and never gives up until he wears them down.  But this time, I think Jack Smith has his number.

1. Sharlee01 profile image83
      Sharlee01posted 9 months agoin reply to this

In my view,  some might have a different perspective of Trump. Are we not all individuals? Some individuals might share your opinion, believing that yes, Trump exhibits behaviors consistent with those of a spoiled brat, and emphasizing his persistent and forceful approach to getting what he wants in various situations. One may argue that such behavior is not suitable for a president and could negatively impact the decision-making processes.

However, on the other hand, some might disagree with the characterization in your comment and might argue that Trump's approach to court proceedings or negotiations might be viewed as assertiveness rather than being likened to inappropriate behavior towards women. Keep in mind, his supporters may point to his successful business ventures and the policies he implemented during his presidency as evidence of his being an effective leader.

I think It's essential to remember that public figures, like Trump, can evoke diverse opinions and emotions. So, would it not be more beneficial to engage in constructive and respectful discussions about the former president?  Don't you think an open mind and willingness to listen to different viewpoints go further to foster more meaningful conversations?

peoplepower73posted 9 months agoin reply to this

Sharlee, He may be an effective leader to you, but to me and others like me, he is a narcissistic, master con-artist, who lies through his teeth.  He has swept up innocent workers  and aids into his con about the documents and had them lie to the grand jury. Now they can be prosecuted because of their loyalty to this con man..

An effective leader does not have people go to jail because they support him, while he gets away scott free.

"Don't you think an open mind and willingness to listen to different viewpoints go further to foster more meaningful conversations?"

Don't you think if you and others like you would stop making excuses for this con man, we could have more meaningful conversations?

Did you even read the 40 charges?  Here is the link again.

https://www.documentcloud.org/documents … ra-7272354

Please reread my comment. I actually did not in any respect share my personal view, my context is very clear. I was offering possibilities, what individuals might feel.

"Don't you think if you and others like you would stop making excuses for this con man, we could have more meaningful conversations?"

Again read my comment, I put thought into my words... Trying to point out another side to the comment I was responding to. That is what makes an interesting conversation. You come out with unfounded accusations, and clearly either did not take the time to read my comment or you have a true problem understanding context.

I gave a perspective of how others may view Trump. I offered no personal view in my comment.

I found your response rude, uncalled for.  I don't like rudeness and will point it out as necessary. I also realize on an open forum one has the right to speak their mind,  as you have done, and as I have also taken advantage of.

Here is the comment I responded to --- As you will see I responded to a given subject. I did not rant or go off on another subject. Context matters.

PEOPLEPOWER73 WROTE:
          Kathleen:  He is a spoiled brat child in a man's body.  He always has to get his way.  He uses the same tactics on court proceedings that he uses on women when he tries to seduce them..  He is persistent and never gives up until he wears them down.  But this time, I think Jack Smith has his number.

My response ---    In my view,  some might have a different perspective of Trump. Are we not all individuals? Some individuals might share your opinion, believing that yes, Trump exhibits behaviors consistent with those of a spoiled brat, and emphasizing his persistent and forceful approach to getting what he wants in various situations. One may argue that such behavior is not suitable for a president and could negatively impact the decision-making processes.

However, on the other hand, some might disagree with the characterization in your comment and might argue that Trump's approach to court proceedings or negotiations might be viewed as assertiveness rather than being likened to inappropriate behavior towards women. Keep in mind, his supporters may point to his successful business ventures and the policies he implemented during his presidency as evidence of his being an effective leader.

I think It's essential to remember that public figures, like Trump, can evoke diverse opinions and emotions. So, would it not be more beneficial to engage in constructive and respectful discussions about the former president?  Don't you think an open mind and willingness to listen to different viewpoints go further to foster more meaningful conversations?

peoplepower73posted 9 months agoin reply to this

Sharlee

"Don't you think an open mind and willingness to listen to different viewpoints go further to foster more meaningful conversations?"

I do, O.K. You start, but let's make our "meaningful conversation" about Joe and Hunter. After all, I'm sure we can have constructive conversation as to how the GOP has been investigating Hunter for seven years and as to yet no trial, just accusations.  Or let's talk about Hillary and Benghazi who was dismissed of all charges against her after three grueling years.

You never answered my question.  Did you even read the 40 charges against Trump and his helpers?  Here is the link again.

Have a great day,

I can go into archives and point out where I said right here several times that I read the indictments, In fact, I posted the actual link to the indictments.

I read it in full, and have reviewed parts of it several times.

You forgot to add the link. No need ... I have it in my files.

I see no sense in discussing Hunter or any of the Bidens until or if factual evidence is presented in regard to the allegations of crimes. Thus far I consider the two IRS whistleblowers who offered first-hand testament that claim Hunter (not Joe) committed felony tax crimes that were not prosecuted.  here is a transcript of their testimony and what they found in their investigations.

Whistleblowers say IRS recommended far more charges, including felonies, against Hunter Biden
              https://www.cnn.com/2023/06/22/politics … index.html
              https://oversight.house.gov/release/hea … %EF%BF%BC/

2. Kathleen Cochran profile image77
        Kathleen Cochranposted 9 months agoin reply to this

"would it not be more beneficial to engage in constructive and respectful discussions about the former president? "

Yes. Let's discuss what he accomplished as president. I'd offer cutting taxes for the rich, which in fact reduces the US revenue stream as much as congressional spending does.

But let's also discuss the multiple indictments against him and the number of members of his administration who are also under indictment or have gone to prison. That number exceeds Reagan and Nixon. The top three in history are all GOP. Let's discuss that.

I note that your comment is vague, you make a statement in regard to Trump's tax cuts making the rich richer, yet you give no examples of how you came to that conclusion.

I can actually provide you with some of the commonly cited advantages or pros of  Trump's tax cuts for Americans, It's also important for me to point out in fairness,  that opinions on the effectiveness and impact of the tax cuts vary among experts and the general public.  I will offer some arguments in favor of the tax cuts, to further the conversation.
          Keep in mind, one of the primary objectives of the tax cuts was to stimulate economic growth by providing individuals and businesses with more disposable income.  With lower tax rates, it was argued that people would have more money to spend, save, or invest, which could boost consumer spending, business investment, and overall economic activity. Which did occur under Trump...

Those that were supporters believed that lower taxes would incentivize businesses to expand, leading to increased job creation and higher wages for employees. The expectation was that with reduced tax burdens, businesses could allocate resources to grow and hire more workers.

"We also looked at the change between 2016, the year before Trump took office, and 2019. Viewed that way, the numbers support Trump’s statement. Between 2016 and 2019, the low-wage earners saw a 14.6% rise, compared with 13.5% for the top earners." https://www.politifact.com/factchecks/2 … ata-behin/
          "If it were up to small business owners, Trump would get his second term" https://www.theguardian.com/business/20 … econd-term

"The Dow Jones Industrial Average returned 56% during the Trump presidency, according to LPL. This represents an annualized gain of 11.8%, which is the best performance for any Republican president since Calvin Coolidge during the roaring 1920's."     https://markets.businessinsider.com/new … %201920's.

Did consumer spending occur --- Yes, until we were hit with COVID  https://www.washingtonpost.com/business … -slowdown/

The TCJA included provisions to encourage multinational companies to bring back profits held overseas by offering a lower tax rate on repatriated earnings. This could potentially lead to increased investments in the U.S. economy and job creation.
          Job creation under Trump   https://trumpwhitehouse.archives.gov/is … nomy-jobs/

Advocates argued that the tax cuts provided much-needed relief to middle-income families. The increase in the standard deduction and child tax credit was seen as particularly beneficial for lower and middle-income households.
          Trump’s Middle-Class Economic Progress
          A new study indicates median incomes are rising far faster than they did under Bush or Obama.
          https://www.wsj.com/articles/trumps-mid … 1569786435
          The TCJA aimed to simplify the tax code by doubling the standard deduction and reducing the number of taxpayers who would need to itemize deductions. Simplification was expected to reduce the compliance burden for many taxpayers.

Proponents asserted that lowering the corporate tax rate would make the United States more competitive globally and attract foreign direct investment. This, in turn, could lead to increased capital investments, job opportunities, and economic growth.  "GDP: U.S economy grew 2.3 percent in 2019, a solid ..."

https://www.washingtonpost.com/business … -slowdown/

Positive Impact on Stock Market: Some supporters argued that the tax cuts contributed to the stock market's rise during Trump's presidency, benefiting investors and retirement accounts. 

It's important to recognize that while these points represented the potential benefits when COVID hit our Nation as most around the world saw economic growth go down. The US continued to hold its own until 2021, and we then plummeted into high inflation and all the problems that come with inflation.

It is very clear that Trump and some of his associates have been
          indicted.  And although the indictments make for interesting discussions, it is clear that thus far, we have heard charges, and thus far the charges are allegations. I think once court proceedings commence we will hear Trump's side, and I am sure the trials will make for interserting conversations.

You say you hope to discuss  " multiple indictments against him and the number of members of his administration who are also under indictment or have gone to prison. "

Have at it. Open a conversation. Your comment really says little of nothing that you hope to discuss. I addressed both of your thoughts with an opposing view SOME might have... So can you continue the conversation?

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)