I just received this email have you heard of HB 1388

Jump to Last Post 1-15 of 15 discussions (20 posts)
  1. Arthur Fontes profile image75
    Arthur Fontesposted 14 years ago

HB 1388 PASSED

Whether you are an Obama fan, or not, EVERYONE IN THE U. S. needs to know....

Something happened.... H.R. 1388 was passed, behind our backs. You may want to read about it. It wasn't mentioned on the news - just went by on the ticker tape at the bottom of the CNN
    screen.

Obama funds $20M in tax payer dollars to immigrate Hamas Refugees to the USA . This is the news that didn't make the headlines.....

By executive order, President Barack Obama has ordered the expenditure of $20.3 million in "migration assistance" to the Palestinian refugees and "conflict victims" in Gaza .

The "presidential determination", which allows hundreds of thousands of Palestinians with ties to Hamas to resettle in the United States , was signed and appears in the Federal Register.

1. profile image0
      Brenda Durhamposted 14 years agoin reply to this

It figures.

2. ledefensetech profile image69
    ledefensetechposted 14 years ago

I wonder how many agents Al Qaeda will smuggle in disguised as "political refugees" from the "oppression" of the supposedly evil Israeli government.  This is exactly why we need to curb the power of the President.  He is no longer even making a pretense of giving people a choice, he's acting like King Franklin the First.

3. tobey100 profile image59
    tobey100posted 14 years ago

Hey, I trust him.  Afterall he's done everything else he's promised to do hasn't he?  Wait a minute, you said Obama right?  Sorry, my bad.  Oh lord, we're in trouble.  He's probably planning to bring all the terrorists to this country so there's less travel involved in fighting them.

4. Arthur Fontes profile image75

It is amazing that the media has ignored this bill entirely.

5. ledefensetech profile image69

No it's not, the media is filled with Progressive airheads.  You might find the following article interesting.  It explains why both Communists and Fascists loved inventions like the radio, film and television.  It allowed them to control the content.  It also shows why current communications technology is the bane of autocratic or dictatorial regimes:  http://mises.org/story/3060

6. profile image0
    lynnechandlerposted 14 years ago

All the people we already have unemployed, Lockheed just laid off more here in GA and he wants to bring more people into the states. Oh, jeez!

1. Jane@CM profile image59
      Jane@CMposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Lockheed isn't the only defense contractor laying off, but they are the #1 defense contractor.   

This is sad.

7. ledefensetech profile image69

Oh no, Lynne, those people are going straight on the dole and probably given "oh I'm sorry" American citizenship thus ensuring that they will vote for the "proper" Progressive politician.  It's amazing to me that the American taxpayer is allowing these criminals to set things up so that their vote counts less than someone who mooches off the system.

8. Arthur Fontes profile image75
    1. Ivorwen profile image65
      Ivorwenposted 14 years agoin reply to this

According to this snopes report, most of the information is well over a year old.

1. Arthur Fontes profile image75
        Arthur Fontesposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I received the email this morning I traced it back to a posting on Yahoo.  I really cannot find much else about it which is why I posted and asked if anyone knew anything about it.

The snopes article seemed the most relevant.

1. Ivorwen profile image65
          Ivorwenposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I understand.  I received an email the other day that was predicting major terrorist attacks in major cities across the USA, as well as in rural areas.  It seemed like an urgent warning, until I realized there were no specifics given about the predictors 'success' record -- where were the links? 

I looked it up on Snopes and found that the e-mail was more than 2 years old. 

I am not saying there is not truth to what is said to have been passed, but major details are missing.  Now I am off to look at the Campaign for Liberty link.

9. ledefensetech profile image69

Huh, well that should serve as a warning against a knee-jerk reaction.  Still one has to wonder if all that money has a long term beneficial effect.  Snopes mentioned previous administrations doing that for Somalia, Chad and Sudan and those places are still basket cases.  It might be a good idea to, I don't know, make sure our money is being spent in ways that actually make a long term difference, not just make us "feel good" about "doing something".  If, indeed, there is anything we can do in those countries.

10. Arthur Fontes profile image75
  11. Ivorwen profile image65
    Ivorwenposted 14 years ago
  12. Arthur Fontes profile image75

I found this it is HR 1388

http://www.rules.house.gov/111/LegText/ … 88_txt.pdf

Extremely long!

13. donotfear profile image84
    donotfearposted 14 years ago

The mainline media only reports information and news that is slanted. Bias is obvious. It's not supposed to reflect in the attitude of the reporters, but it does. This is scary news.....we're being set up for the big whammy. I'm not in denial. Those who are are in for a big surprise.

14. tobey100 profile image59
    tobey100posted 14 years ago

At some point these types of policy dicisions have got to crossover into aiding and abetting the enemy don't ya think?

15. Ohma profile image61
    Ohmaposted 14 years ago

decent hard working American citizens already cant get a break in this country! This is only going to make it worse.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)