jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (11 posts)

Is There A Civilized Society Anywhere On Earth?

1. Cagsil profile image60
    Cagsilposted 7 years ago

Hello Hubberland,

I know the title may sound strange, but let's get serious for a few minutes.

Is there a Civilized society ANYWHERE on Earth?

You are more than welcome to post whatever reply you want to.

But, according to morality, the true essence of morality.

There is NOT one civilized society on earth. Plain and simple.

People talk like there is one, and America claims to be one civilized society...however, even with the laws in place and the many other countries that do more harm to the citizenry than good....how can any society, regardless where it is on Earth be considered Civilized?

Feel free to deal amongst yourself. I have no intention of replying to any post.

I'm simply stating this because many people think that have an understanding of morality, when the truth is revealed, they really don't know anything about it.

Yet, these same people run their mouth off like they know what they are talking about. I say, "Ignorance is truly blissful".

And, for those who are not AWARE of it-

Morality dictates "Abortion" is morally wrong in any "civilized" society, regardless of how the fetus was conceived. Yes, killing a child is wrong, even if it is in the smallest form.

However, this is only in a civilized society. Therefore, leaves one to conclude that there isn't a civilized society on the planet.

Everyone have a great day!

1. SimeyC profile image88
      SimeyCposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Hmmm well you won't answer the question, but your whole argument is based on the definition of morality.

"concern with the distinction between good and evil or right and wrong; right or good conduct
      ethical motive: motivation based on ideas of right and wrong"

Unfortunately the definition is actually a subjective one - you have judged that it is evil to kill a foetus, other judge this not to be evil. So until the definition of what good and evil is fully defined, you cannot truly define morality.

2. profile image0
    A Texanposted 7 years ago

"Yet, these same people run their mouth off like they know what they are talking about. I say, "Ignorance is truly blissful"."

Very profound! lol lol lol

3. profile image0
    Pani Midnyte Odinposted 7 years ago

Does my imagination count as Earth? Of course, I am the only person in my lovely civilized society, so... maybe not a society big_smile

4. alexandriaruthk profile image52
    alexandriaruthkposted 7 years ago

agreement to uphold life at all times and the importance of it -- good

5. profile image0
    sneakorocksolidposted 7 years ago

Utah.smile

1. profile image0
      A Texanposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Damn right Im tall!

6. profile image0
    Denno66posted 7 years ago

So, what is the definition of civilized again? big_smile