jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Will our Earth ever experience a period of "Total Peace" with no issues anywhere

1. SouradipSinha profile image83
    SouradipSinhaposted 2 years ago

Will our Earth ever experience a period of "Total Peace" with no issues anywhere?

2. Kara Skinner profile image85
    Kara Skinnerposted 2 years ago

I really wish I could tell you yes, but I don't think it will ever happen. There are too many conflicting cultures and beliefs and too many people willing to exploit these differences for their own personal gain. It's too difficult for many people to respect each other's beliefs. However, I think the world can become a better place than it is now and that we still have a lot of room to grow.

3. Tusitala Tom profile image63
    Tusitala Tomposted 2 years ago

Total peace might not appeal to an adventurous spirit.  However, if you're talking about wars, I think they will come to an end.  Moreover, I expect they'll be a thing of the past within a hundred years - maybe less.

But 'Total Peace?'  That means your mind and everyone else's mind would have to be filled with this quality: no tiffs in the home, no arguments between neighbours, the end of all ego-wants and even ego-driven dreams and ambitions.   I don't think we're going to see this sort of progress for centuries yet...but one never knows.

And yes, I am optimistic not pessimistic...I don't believe the World Media gives us even a balanced view of world events, let alone the real one.

4. bradmasterOCcal profile image28
    bradmasterOCcalposted 2 years ago

Not even in a book of fiction, the default attribute of humans is evil, as they have to been trained and reminded to be good. No one has to be taught to be bad, it just comes naturally.