Do you believe everything you hear, and share it with everyone, or do you need to see it with you own eye's first then share it with everybody?
I believe a relatively small amount of what I hear, to be honest.
If it's print (or internet [same thing]) media I consider the leanings of the CEO or founder and go from there. If it seems partisan it probably is.
It's a pain in the rear end frankly. I typically read the same story from the right and the left, eliminate a bunch of dross, and end up with a reasonable facsimile of what actually happened.
Generally a ten paragraph story could be related in one or two if you take out all the partisan flak.
No not everything, I do consider the source and how well I know the source. I sure try hard to not mislead people so I would always clarify thats what I heard not what I know.
Hey Tantrum! It's good to see you I hope alls well!
Yeah! Everything is OK! .
How's that handsome son of yours ?
He's great! Thanks for asking! And hows our star doing? He'll be home on friday for Easter and we can't wait!
That's good! He's far away on college ? I'm sure you're happy as Hell! LOL
Stars are always shining !
Thats great she is amazing like her Mom! No, he's about 4 hours away he's just busy with soccer and the school play, not to mention his studies. He is also working on a nano technology research project with his professor for the Navy. Its ok though we're busy too and sometimes we go up and take him and his friends out to dinner, thats always a hoot! The kids have so much energy and promise, we ride their wave for awhile!
Good to know! Send my regards to your wife! Sue, was it? We met by mail, about some spam it seems you did LOL! Some Health care Club. It spammed all my e-mail ! LOL!
Yikes! If I did that I'm sorry! Sue, after 35yrs she still thrills me. She is a very impressive woman I think you two would get along well. She has quite a resume and she's proof positive we need more women in the top positions because you women never quit and you get the job done right! I've never met a man whose mother and wife were not a positive influence on his life.
Tantrum you're a great person and a fun friend, please don't let the negativity some people spew dim your shining light. They're not worth it!
It depends. If someone tells me something can't be done, I usually disagree, try myself, and find otherwise.
I tend to believe nothing I hear.
There are two exceptions - 9/11 I heard the news on my way to work. 6/25/10 my son called me at 5:30 pm to tell me MJ was dead.
Other than that, I hafta see for myself.
I've heard the strangest things throughout my life.
1. Santa Claus is real - which reminds me that religion is connected to the idea. After all Santa means Saint in another language.
2. God either exists and is said to be one of several things - a wise all knowing old man
a dictitorial persanage according to what is written in the old testament
a kind,forgiving,reasonable personage who is non judgmental but judges non the less.
3. God doesn't exist because ,if he did,he would do something about all the suffering in the world.
4. Reality is only what other people tell you it is.
5. Changing things is too hard - go with the flow.
6. All politicians are crooks.
7. Making money is the reason were here,he who has the most when they die wins.
8. Life isn't what it's cracked up to be.
9. There is a sucker born every minute.
10. Don't drink the water.
11. Seeing isn't always believing
12. There's no time like the present.
13. Hope springs eternal.
14. There is someone out there who is your twin.
15. A house burns up as it burns down.
16. English is the hardest language to learn
17. Happy days are here again.
18. A stitch in time saves nine?
19. once a crook always a crook
20. Step on a crack - break your mother's back
21. Three's the charm.
22. I've never personally seen a UFO in person,but I believe they exist.Whether the are ours or the E.T.'s is another question.
23. I believe that life exists on all the planets ,even the ones that are said to be to hot,or too baren.
24. I believe in an afterlife,just as I believe there was life before I got here.
25. One lifetime is not enough and never will be.
Unfortunately there are a lot of things I hear that I don't want to believe!
I am a good citizen.
I believe everything that I see on mainstream television news.
I believe everything I read in the national newspapers.
I believe everything the politicians tell me.
I believe all of this, even if it conflicts with what I see with my own eyes.
After all, why would any of them lie to me?
Yes, I believe in being a a good citizen.
by Alem Belton6 years ago
With so many questionable explanations being given to us by our government in the past should we believe everything we are told by them. Just like a court proceeding has to prove that a defendant has actually...
by Jo_Goldsmith114 years ago
I would like to begin this discussion with, "why do so many believe everything they hear"?I just finished reading about how Obamacare is forcing folks to have a chip installed into their bodies! This is so not...
by Cagsil5 years ago
Just curious to get people's reactions, opinions, insight, knowledge or wisdom, so as to see if a barrier I see actually exists.The barrier? Is the ignorance(lack of knowledge) behind making them the same thing, when...
by Alexander A. Villarasa3 years ago
Someone once said that if one does not believe in the existence of God, then one ends up believing anything and everything. This emanates from the perception that atheism's interpretation of existence is primarily...
by secularist105 years ago
Let the madness begin.
by andycool8 months ago
I've heard so much in the forums about believing and not believing in Religion or God, being atheist or religious or agnostic and so forth, I've just got confused that is there anyone out there concerned about the role...
Copyright © 2017 HubPages Inc. and respective owners.
Other product and company names shown may be trademarks of their respective owners.
HubPages® is a registered Service Mark of HubPages, Inc.
HubPages and Hubbers (authors) may earn revenue on this page based on affiliate relationships and advertisements with partners including Amazon, Google, and others.