jump to last post 1-15 of 15 discussions (15 posts)

What are you reasons for believing or not believing in GOD?

1. mommyneal6 profile image78
    mommyneal6posted 6 years ago

What are you reasons for believing or not believing in GOD?

Has this affected your life positively or negatively?

2. Thesource profile image81
    Thesourceposted 6 years ago

I know from my within God exists in me and everywhere. It is a wonderful feeling that no one can take it away from me. I was not taught to feel this way.  I just know. No explanations or words or reasons are possible. May be it is what some call faith. Yet, I don't believe everything I was told about God by others.

I don't have this good feeling or faith with religions, religious institutions and scriptures.

But with God I feel his truth, his joy and his love.
    He will always be with me even after "death" for ever and ever.
    I do believe he has always been with everyone of you too.
    Look for him within you. Don't let fear based-religions  confuse you that you are unworthy for God to reside in you.

3. crankalicious profile image93
    crankaliciousposted 6 years ago

Simple, I believe in science and there's not a shred of scientific evidence for God. However, I do not discount that God may, in fact, be a word that describes the power of the universe and people, in order to understand the concept, have turned God into something very small: a man who is omniscient and all-powerful. That's easy to understand, hard to believe.

4. Andi R profile image58
    Andi Rposted 6 years ago

My life is enriched when exploring the complexities of our planet. I enjoy the details of earth science, biology, and psychology. I've never seen any evidence which discredits God, instead it builds my confidence.

The complexity of our Designer inspires me to create. It also has given me value. I was made for a purpose and my life means something. I never regret giving God the credit for my life, the solar system, every creature, and microorganism.

5. profile image0
    AMBASSADOR BUTLERposted 6 years ago

GOD is: if GOD is not, then you and I are not. Out of nothing everything was created visible and invisible. Truly amazing to see the precision and order throughout all the universe. It all came into existence out of nothing which is GOD. Who else could accomplish this but GOD. Plain and simple. I know from firsthand experience of this reality through GOD on August 1, 1982 A.D. a Sunday morning GOD given me a vision of the other side of death. It is glorious. So I do know and have experienced what is on the other side of death for human beings on the earth. I get to live in both world with total recall of the other side of death while I am alive and living on the earth in my human being body before I die and crossover to the other side of death.

6. lea86 profile image58
    lea86posted 6 years ago

Check out my hub on the ultimate truth for believers.Hope you can get some insight there.Thanks!

7. Brinafr3sh profile image80
    Brinafr3shposted 6 years ago

Being that God created the heavens, humans, and the earth, is enough for me to believe.

8. wilbury4 profile image72
    wilbury4posted 6 years ago

Good question: Lack of proof. Lack of intervention. Allowing suffering. To believers, I think God is a comfort to them but as for an eternal afterlife in heaven? I very much doubt. Each individual has a right to their own belief and I choose not to accept.

9. profile image0
    Butch Newsposted 6 years ago

1. science.  2. science. 3. science 4. science 5. science 6.science, 7. science 8. science 9.science. 10. science.

It helps to know there's no whacko dictator out there.

10. nightwork4 profile image60
    nightwork4posted 6 years ago

because he isn't real. it's not even an issue but common sense.

11. Kamalesh050 profile image80
    Kamalesh050posted 6 years ago

Thank you, Thesource. I hold exactly the same view. You have answered beautifully !

12. tsmog profile image82
    tsmogposted 6 years ago

for me as a child I acknowledged God. Then, I was involved in a car crash, they put jumper cables on me to fire up my heart, injuries etc, and a walk on a bridge going over emptiness. That is the only memory I have for a few weeks after the accident. That scared me - nothingness.

13. DanuckInUSA profile image59
    DanuckInUSAposted 6 years ago

The fact that man is so limited in our ability to grasp the infinite nature of the universe.

14. ChristineVianello profile image59
    ChristineVianelloposted 6 years ago

Everytime I see my mother come home from eight of heat and labor I look in her eyes and see life, and God.
    When I see my fiance coaching little boys how to play hockey I see God with him.
    I look into the eyes of my father with his eyes that have a story, I see God. I believe in God because he is with all of us. You can see him in each other.

15. ahostagesituation profile image81
    ahostagesituationposted 6 years ago

I help deliver, and deliver babies...do that for a while and try being an atheist.