jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (11 posts)

Obama FAILS in Afghanistan

1. MikeNV profile image71
    MikeNVposted 7 years ago

Obama promised to bring home the troops.  When he took office there were 34,000 now under Team Obama there are nearly 100,000.

$4 billion a month spent.  Building roads and schools for people who don't want the USA in their country.  http://www.gao.gov/products/GAO-08-689

The United States PAYS the Taliban to protect the cargo they need delivered by truck, then they turn around and fight them?  It's not ironic... it really happens.  The War Lords allow passage of military vehicles only if they are paid to pass.  The Taliban controls the War Lords.  So the USA is paying the Taliban to fight them. Very messed up.

Money that could and needs to be spent "At Home".

Someone has got to tell the United States of America that you can NOT legislate Belief Systems.  You can not force your will on people who do not believe the same as you.

The time to get out of Afghanistan was long before the USA ever entered. You can choose to blame Bush... or you can choose to blame Obama... for extending the Failed Bush Policies.

In either case it's total failure?

Anyone remember who "Won" the Vietnam War?

And now this as proof of failure:

"KABUL – Afghan President Hamid Karzai threatened over the weekend to quit the political process and join the Taliban if he continued to come under outside pressure to reform, several members of parliament said Monday."

1. rhamson profile image76
      rhamsonposted 7 years ago in reply to this

The funny thing is that while pundits have been telling us that Afghanistan is a totally different war than Iraq was, we seem to be fighting it the same way.
      Import a whole lot of soldiers and pay the enemy off to not fight with us. Eventually they get the message and stop fighting realizing that it is better  to get a paycheck than it is to get killed.  Capitalism at its best.  Getting paid to do nothing.
      I guess the American taxpayer is predestined to work for the rest of the world.

1. Padrino profile image56
        Padrinoposted 7 years ago in reply to this

I'm pretty sure that receiving a check for not doing something is not capitalism!

Just a guess

1. Doug Hughes profile image60
          Doug Hughesposted 7 years ago in reply to this

70% of the net worth of the US is owned by only 10% of the population.

They are receiving big checks for doing nothing.

1. Ralph Deeds profile image70
            Ralph Deedsposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Ha! Touche.

2. Padrino profile image56
            Padrinoposted 7 years ago in reply to this

That's because they have already done what they needed to do to ensure their wealth! Jealous?

3. profile image0
            LegendaryHeroposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Doing nothing? Really?

4. profile image0
            Poppa Bluesposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Really? How so?

2. rhamson profile image76
          rhamsonposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Maybe if you catch up with one of those COO's or CEO's on a beach in the Bahamas they will let you know what they have worked on that day.

2. Doug Hughes profile image60
    Doug Hughesposted 7 years ago

If I coud get a buck for every wingut post based on a false premise, I could retire.

Obama ran on a platform to end our involvement in Iraq. He committed to put resources INTO Afghanistan - as a candidate.

We don't know how that will turn out. I don't like the escalation, but I HOPE that the political situation can be stablilized and the Afghan people step up to provide for their own security.

I fault the post on 2 points. We don't know the outcome in Afghanistan. The position of President Obama was deliberately misrepresented.

1. profile image0
      Brenda Durhamposted 7 years ago in reply to this

If I could get a buck for every time I've seen you paint the Right as wingnuts,  I'd have a pretty hefty bunch of change in my pocket!
      But what else could one expect from an O puppet?

working