(qtd. STEPHEN PIZZO FOR BUZZFLASH) Where were all these "freedom-loving" right wingers during the Bush years? That's a rhetorical question, of course. But one that should be asked of the morons now breaking windows and cutting gas lines, all in the name of "freedom from big government". Well an old gentleman from Chico, California, is asking it. From what I'm told the fellow worked as a volunteer teaching retirees about Medicare and COBRA. Here's his open letter to Republicans. Sorry, don't know his name, but if you do, let me know. Pass it on to your favorite Republican/Tea Party members.
We had eight years of Bush and Cheney, but now you get mad?
* You didn't get mad when the Supreme Court stopped a legal recount and appointed a President.
* You didn't get mad when Cheney allowed Energy company officials to dictate energy policy.
* You didn't get mad when a covert CIA operative got outed.
* You didn't get mad when the Patriot Act got passed.
* You didn't get mad when we illegally invaded a country that posed no threat to us.
* You didn't get mad when we spent $1 trillion on said illegal war.
* You didn't get mad when over $10 billion dollars (in hard cash) just "disappeared" in Iraq .
* You didn't get mad when you found out we were torturing people.
* You didn't get mad when the government was illegally wiretapping Americans.
* You didn't get mad when they didn't catch Bin Laden.
*You didn't get mad when you saw the horrible conditions at Walter Reed hospital.
* You didn't get mad when they let a major US city drown.
* You didn't get mad when they gave a $1.6 trillion in tax breaks to the rich.
* You didn't get mad when, using reconciliation; a trillion dollars of our tax dollars were redirected to insurance companies for Medicare Advantage -- which cost more than 20% more for the same services that Medicare provides.
* You didn't get mad when the deficit hit the trillion dollar mark, and our debt hit the thirteen trillion dollar mark.
No, but you did get mad when the government decided that people in America deserved the right to see a doctor if they are sick. Yes, illegal wars, lies, corruption, torture, stealing your tax dollars to make the rich richer, are all okay with you, but helping other Americans... oh hell no!
SOUNDS LIKE THINGS WERE UGLY IN CALIFORNIA during the Bush years. When will California start pumping oil to get back in the black?
I just wonder if the gentleman is better off today in the Obama 16 months or back in the Bush years.
Last year 2006 when Bush and the Republicans were in charge unemployment was 4.6% compared to 9.7% today in 2010 ( the Obama and Dem controlled congress ) remember the Clinton statement '' it's the economy stupid ''.
When Bush took over the Clinton recession, I don't recall Bush complaining as much as Obama complained for what he was left with. He and the Dem's keep forgetting that Obama was in the senate ( controlled by the Dem's ) and Pelosi and Reid were in charge for the 2 previous years. How soon they forget that they were a part of the problems.
by Marc Woodard7 years ago
This Exerpt taken from my hub "A Stern Message to our Health Reform Politicians""They steal our tax dollars without representation, run up debt in back room deals and God knows if our GDP will be enough...
by its about time8 years ago
Umm think before you speak.
by Susan Reid6 years ago
From that bastion of lamestream liberalism, TIME. Mr. Klein puts it so darned well I couldn't resist posting the whole article. It's not very long. Enjoy!Oh, and as we all know, there WAS no vote today (Thursday). ...
by Sophia Angelique6 years ago
sm.Socialism are services provided by the state, e.g. medicare, social security, unemployment benefits, disability benefits, etc. Socialism can also include things like subsidized transport, subsidized electricity,...
by wacknuts7 years ago
And what does it mean for us?
by Edwin Clark18 months ago
Instead of giving US corporations bailout/loans the government should give each of its citizens $1,000,000 to spend on anything they want within the United States.According to the US Census there are 305 million...
Copyright © 2017 HubPages Inc. and respective owners.
Other product and company names shown may be trademarks of their respective owners.
HubPages® is a registered Service Mark of HubPages, Inc.
HubPages and Hubbers (authors) may earn revenue on this page based on affiliate relationships and advertisements with partners including Amazon, Google, and others.