jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (19 posts)

The conservatives are unmasking themselves.

1. profile image0
    chasingcarsposted 7 years ago

What's up with the right wing?  Has the stress of trying to walk lock-step in the sanitized party line finally become too much of a strain?  The teabaggers and GOP are finally embracing their racism and arrogance, their misogyny, their wealthy corporate overlords, their selfish callousness, their phoney self-righteous religious hypocrisy--and all at once. 
         We Dems are enjoying the show, but, as usual, most of the citizens of the US as suffering from this hate lollapaluza.  At least they are being honest about who they really are.  Hey, all those people they hate, we like you just fine.  Come over and help us get rid of the dregs of the Bush/Cheney administration and neutralize all the gun-toting hate groups in this country.  We are all for peace and prosperty for everyone; come on down.

1. earnestshub profile image87
      earnestshubposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Totally with you on this one. Why do they hate and undermine their own country? smile

2. sooner than later profile image56
      sooner than laterposted 7 years agoin reply to this

By "prosperity for everyone" do you mean 'give to the poor who are unwilling to work, learn and or just get off your fat breeding a$$ in general'?

3. JWestCattle profile image61
      JWestCattleposted 7 years agoin reply to this

It is really sad that all that anyone can take from your original post is twisted hate on a first read, the kind that makes you get indigestion from your angst at such words that are so off base.  You clearly show your own hate, by your own words.

If you are for peace and prosperity for everyone, then you'd better start looking a little deeper than the tag line of the day for the Democratic party to tell you what you should say and think.  And the same goes if the Republicans were the party in power and place.  Looking beyond what you are fed by any one or group, that is the way of the future for our Country.

2. sooner than later profile image56
    sooner than laterposted 7 years ago

or were you talking about the other left wing ideology?

1. Doug Hughes profile image60
      Doug Hughesposted 7 years agoin reply to this

We were talking about the left wing ideology which wants

1) limited government - because a strogh government can't stand up to the abuses of huge busineese

2) low taxes - because a progressive tax system is fair and rich people don't want to pay a fair share.

3)  no government interference - because people like Ken Lay and  Madoff don't want to get caught before they have exploited everyone they can.

And in te endthe wingnuts are attached to a system that  allows the exploitaition of the middle class by the upper class.

It looks a lot like that to me too Doug. smile

3. lovemychris profile image55
    lovemychrisposted 7 years ago

Oh, but they don't hate.
    no no, it's really love for their fellow Americans that makes them make such statements as "get off your fat breeding a$$"

Yes, it's not the corporate overlords who have stolen from you..it's poor people.
    Not the people who pay no taxes, after using you to get rich, no no.
    Not the off-shoring, moving businesses away, the high cost of everything, the profits-over-people mentality...no, it's poor people.

Will be so nice when the wave of realization finally hits...THEY DO NOT REPRESENT AMERICA!

I guess the presidential election wasn't enough to show them...they need more.

1. William R. Wilson profile image61
      William R. Wilsonposted 7 years agoin reply to this

big_smile

2. earnestshub profile image87

An unwillingness to help those in need indicates that America has some way to go as a truly free nation as has Australia with our indiginous peoples lifespan still shorter in this modern age. A disgrace.

The poor are poor through none of their wrong doing. They are poor because they are ill, infirm, born in the wrong city or suburb and went to a poor school, had bad parents and a hundred other reasons.
      The poor do not represent lazy any more than this attitude represents America.

I have stayed with 2 poor, and I mean poor families in America one black family in Detroit, way out of town down past the Renaissance building, and a poor white family in New York. I saw unemployment and how it destroyed their families. I saw their son selling marijuana to make a few bucks to feed them.
      These are good people, people I could trust and believe in. Not lazy, just in an impossible position. I was pretty cashed up at the time and was able to help out quite a bit. I am still in contact with both families, hear from their kids and them regularly.
      By the way, despite the state of things in America 3 of the kids are making good money in good jobs now and both families are OK. The black family went without a decent car to pay me back the money I gave/lent to them. I returned it to them, because I did not need it, so they got the car anyway. I fixed their ancient petrol munching Oldsmobile when I was there and knew it was on it's last legs.

I could tell you so many stories about wonderful Americans, even some rich ones who would Hawk at the lack of charity expressed here by some.

I went to America as a rich tourist looking to buy a car and a guitar, a very expensive one.

I got rich by overpaying my staff, and doing everything wrong. They loved being at work, loved the customers and allowed me the freedom to travel anywhere with more money coming in than I was spending and my businesses in good hands. No one would dream of stealing from me. The opposite of what is being touted here about people being lazy . All these kids were poor that worked for me, with the exception of two very lovely rich kids with no attitude.

Why the cynicism from these people? On the whole, people behave as well as you expect them to. Rich or poor most people are good.

I

1. Sab Oh profile image54
        Sab Ohposted 7 years agoin reply to this

"An unwillingness to help those in need "

America does not have any such unwillingness, and it is inappropriate and disingenuous for you to suggest so.

2. Sab Oh profile image54

"The poor are poor through none of their wrong doing"

All of them?

3. JWestCattle profile image61

That's plain crap, just who but Americans are at the ready at every crisis across this world?  Do you think it's just far left wing liberals that are charitable?  Or is it the poor in America sending in all the donations these many years?

The poor in America are always donating. They know how much it means to the even poorer.
          I agree that America is generous with charity and individual Americans with the means are doing a wonderful job of stopping Malaria and aids, supporting the people in trouble such as the Haitians.

I just believe in looking after your own poor. I did not mean to sound critical of what Americans do for charity, just the ones who do not support the very poor in America and treat them as if it is all their own fault. Many are poor because they have problems not of their own making is what I want to point out. smile

1. JWestCattle profile image61

That is not what you said, and I find it hard to believe that the truly poor "are always donating" to Haiti or elsewhere.  When someone is hard pressed to survive, to even help their own family members, it generally makes it next to impossible and improbable that they will have the means or method to donate to help another family in another country.  They would help their neighbor first, and there is nothing wrong with that.

4. Uninvited Writer profile image84
    Uninvited Writerposted 7 years ago

Ah, but they need a scapegoat... It's sad that is now again a crime to some to be poor. I thought the USA had gotten over that in the 60s, obviously not.

I reported the spam UW. Is that a new trick to put it in the reply? lol

2. Sab Oh profile image54

"... It's sad that is now again a crime to some to be poor. "

Actually, it's only a crime to be close to poor when the government commands you to buy things.

5. lovemychris profile image55
    lovemychrisposted 7 years ago

Earnest is right. We don't look after our own poor.
    We leave it up to the churches...I guess cause they have no tax status, they are supposed to help everyone?

Would it be so bad to have a basic support system for everyone, so that people don't go homeless hungry cold and desperate? And Not "welfare" either...I mean like Sweden...it's given to all, regardless of income.( I think...I'm not that versed in it, my mom tells me!)

We do seem to kind of Hate the poor...the whole "pull yourselves up by your bootstraps" thing.
    But like Obama said..it's kind of hard to do when you have no boots!!!

working