Obama not invited for Chelsea Clinton's wedding ?

Jump to Last Post 1-14 of 14 discussions (28 posts)
  1. profile image0
    Uma07posted 14 years ago

I just came across this news on msn homepage.The headers give a shock.It's only when you read the whole news everything gets clear.

Chelsea Clinton's marriage Saturday is the hottest ticket in town, but President Barack Obama would have to give a miss to what is being called the Wedding of the Decade and of the Century as he hasn't been invited.

He hasn't received an invitation to the wedding of the daughter of former President Bill Clinton and Secretary of State Hillary Clinton, Obama announced on ABC's "The View" Wednesday.

"I was not invited to the wedding because I think Hillary and Bill, properly, want to keep this thing for Chelsea and her soon-to-be husband," the president said.

1. Bikash jha profile image60
      Bikash jhaposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Obama is so cool dude and he handle everything calmly.

1. donotfear profile image82
        donotfearposted 14 years agoin reply to this

lol lol

2. thisisoli profile image80
      thisisoliposted 14 years agoin reply to this

He might have handled that one smoothly, but man was he pissed when he didn't get an invite to my wedding.

2. Arthur Fontes profile image68
    Arthur Fontesposted 14 years ago

Since Hillary is going to steal the Democratic nomination in 2012, it would not be appropriate to invite him.

1. profile image0
      Uma07posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Makes sense.Haha!

2. Ron Montgomery profile image60
      Ron Montgomeryposted 14 years agoin reply to this

She'll just be keeping the seat warm for Chelsea.  Let's hope her marriage turns out better than Hillary's.

1. profile image0

I really have no idea about the internal political issues and the personal lives of politicians in that part of the world.We just grab what is published in the newspapers or shown on air.Surfing the net makes up for the most of it.

3. habee profile image93
      habeeposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I've heard rumors of this, too. I still think she should have won the nomination in 2008!

3. IntimatEvolution profile image74
    IntimatEvolutionposted 14 years ago

Good, he needs to be running the country.  We are at war.

1. profile image0

Seems his honeymoon days are over.

1. IntimatEvolution profile image74
        IntimatEvolutionposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Yes they are.  It is my opinion, that if we have soldiers on the front coming up missing or dying, then this is not the right time to eat cake.  That's just my opinion. 

Maybe the Clinton's were thinking the same exact thing.smile

2. wildorangeflower profile image59
        wildorangeflowerposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Did he have honeymoon at all, look at his hair! Even people from all over the world is focusing their attention at him - tough job, really tough to be the Prez of the worlds number one democratic country,

4. Mighty Mom profile image75
    Mighty Momposted 14 years ago

I'm with you, Habee. It took me a long time to accept that Hillary basically sabotaged her own campaign and Obama upstaged her. I like and respect him but think Hillary has more wisdom as well as bigger balls!

I don't know why people would think Obama would be invited to Chelsea's wedding. It's a private event.

I was surprised, actually, to hear that Oprah is going. I was pretty mad at her, too, for endorsing Obama over Hillary!!!

5. habee profile image93
    habeeposted 14 years ago

Yeah, MM! What was Oprah thinking??

6. Jim Hunter profile image60
    Jim Hunterposted 14 years ago

I'm thinking 2 narcissists at one event is enough.

Why share the drama with a third.

7. habee profile image93
    habeeposted 14 years ago

I liked Hilary and McCain. You know Hil and John are good friends. Had she been elected prez, I think she would have made him Sec of State. I would have been happy with that arrangement.

8. Mighty Mom profile image75
    Mighty Momposted 14 years ago

I'm still waiting for the day when a candidate crosses party lines and the ticket is mixed. In my lifetime?

I think Hill is actually in a great job for her experience and talents. She already had relationships with heads of state around the world from Bill's presidency.
    Not sure how McCain as SOS would play out in the post-Bush era. Interesting to contemplate.

All I know is this. The Republicans can put up anyone they want in 2012 as long as it isn't Sarah Palin.

9. IntimatEvolution profile image74
    IntimatEvolutionposted 14 years ago

Yes, I would like to see a mixed ticket as well.  One can only hope.

10. VENUGOPAL SIVAGNA profile image60
    VENUGOPAL SIVAGNAposted 14 years ago

Mr.Obama not invited to Chelsea's wedding... because, Ms.Hillary would have thought it would be embarassing for her husband Mr.Clinton to receive the President Obama. But it would have been a wise decision if he was invited. It would have brought cheers to her and would have helped in her quest for Presidency in the next elections. She is bound to lose the next election also.

11. rebekahELLE profile image84
    rebekahELLEposted 14 years ago

the wedding is for the bride and groom. with the current president in attendance, the focus and security is on the president. let them enjoy their day..

1. VENUGOPAL SIVAGNA profile image60
      VENUGOPAL SIVAGNAposted 14 years agoin reply to this

The wedding was for the bride and groom only... Why any other person should attend that ?  Even Ms.Hillary and Mr.Clinton need not have attended it... what a joke.  Every one will take it as a pride and  prestige if a President attends a marriage.

1. rebekahELLE profile image84
        rebekahELLEposted 14 years agoin reply to this

you misunderstood the statement. of course, the guests enjoy the wedding, but the focus is on the bride and groom.

2. Arthur Fontes profile image68
        Arthur Fontesposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Exactly what the Clinton's are lacking Pride and Prestige!  lol

12. profile image0
    ralwusposted 14 years ago

She had her own problems with secret service being there. why would they want even more?

13. theirishobserver. profile image61
    theirishobserver.posted 14 years ago

Well I went to the evening part of the reception and it was great smile

1. prettydarkhorse profile image63
      prettydarkhorseposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Hi Irish, what did you eat, Chelsea is a vegetarian and her dad is not, did they have other choices of meals?
      I didn't wait for the reception, that's why I am asking, am interested only to look if Oprah is there or if the gown is beautiful..I didn't see you there though. HEHE
      People always have something to say about anything, Ms Rebekkah stated it very nicely.

14. RanCrosby profile image58
    RanCrosbyposted 14 years ago

He's the President of the United States, not the Social Ambassador of the U.S. lol. At the end of the day, if you been to one wedding you've been to them all.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)