Tenn. teen shot in behind over sagging pants

Jump to Last Post 1-8 of 8 discussions (38 posts)
  1. Stacie L profile image88
    Stacie Lposted 13 years ago

Tenn. teen shot in behind over sagging pants
    Cops say gunman was angry when the boys refused to pull up their pants

The Associated Press
    updated 10/5/2010 2:46:29 PM ET

MEMPHIS, Tenn. Police say a 45-year-old Memphis man angry over two teens' sagging pants shot one in the buttocks during an argument. He faces aggravated assault charges.

The boys were walking through a southeast Memphis neighborhood when Kenneth E. Bonds yelled at them to pull up their pants, according to an arrest document.

Police Sgt. Ron Perry said the teens refused and the three began arguing in the street. Bonds then brandished a semi-automatic pistol and threatened to shoot the teens.
    Story: Man denies crack in buttocks is his

Perry said Bonds fired several shots and hit one of the teens as the pair ran away. The teen's wound wasn't critical. The other wasn't injured in the Sept. 25 shooting first reported by The Commercial Appeal in Memphis.

A court clerk says it's not clear if Bonds had a lawyer.
    [ur]http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/39523336/ns/us_news-weird_news/?GT1=43001[/url]

1. kirstenblog profile image77
      kirstenblogposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I know this is serious and all that, shouldn't go round shooting people and such but come on! This made me laugh and think it was a made up story for like The Daily Show or SNL or something! yikes

2. Ralph Deeds profile image65
      Ralph Deedsposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Another incident that supports the right to carry arms, in this case to protect against to public obscenity.

1. Evan G Rogers profile image61
        Evan G Rogersposted 13 years agoin reply to this

the guy could have just as easily had a knife or a bow and arrow.

Your argument is thus refuted.

1. Christopher Floyd profile image60
          Christopher Floydposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Knives and bows used as weapons count as arms. Your refutation is thus overridden.

3. S Leretseh profile image60
      S Leretsehposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I have to say, I absolutely HATE seeing young males with saggy pants. Shooting them is excessive, but if every teen started to pull up their pants fearing this response,  well, many I think would call this guy a HERO - myself included. I know, he got his civil rights.

It's really interesting - In the schools that i'm teaching at, I see teenagers wear blue jeans 'belted' to their mid-thighs. Under that they have some sort of sports-shorts, and then under those they have their actual underwear. It's like they want to have their pants down to their knees, but they still don't want to show off their underwear.

Intriguing stuff. They want to rebel, but they want to conform.

2. Ohma profile image59
    Ohmaposted 13 years ago

Sad to say that while the shooter was obviously wrong and should certainly see a good bit of the local jailhouse for what he did I can certainly empathize with the thought of being tired to death already of seeing people who think having their backsides hanging out for the world to see is cool.
    I have actually had to sit in traffic and wait for one of these people to cross the road. It took him 5 minutes to walk across a two lane intersection tying traffic up in both directions because he kept falling over his own ridicules pants.

1. Lily Rose profile image86
      Lily Roseposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Ditto!

I don't understand what is so cool about that look - it looks STUPID!!

I'd also like to know just how their pants actually stay up when the belt is around their thighs!  How in the world can that be comfortable?  They may as well just walk around in their boxers, it may even look better!

1. h.a.borcich profile image62
        h.a.borcichposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I agree. This past summer at the local swimming pool we saw one of these idiots. He had underwear and his swimtrunks on like they wear the jeans. It was obscene! When I complained he acted indignant like he had the right to show off his privates in wet attire infront of all those kids. Shame he never learned how to dress himself.

1. Ralph Deeds profile image65

What's your reaction to thongs showing above jeans, or thong bikinis? Visible thongs are quite common these days.

2. alternate poet profile image67
          alternate poetposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I recall the same pathetic moralists hardly able to contain their hate and anger over long hair, velvet jackets and suede shoes, leather jackets, body piercings, and for some reason hipster jeans really got them dribbling spit - and they were all 'good upright christian folk' as well.  They would also have tacitly approved shooting the perpetrator of such horrendous crimes, and they went into total hissing fits over same sex couples holding hands in public.  Nothing much changes I guess ?

Seriously?
            Okay, 1) Everyone knows that long haired hippy types are for spraying with water hoses, not bullets.
            And 2) the pants thing is a part of a CRIMINAL subculture co-opted into the larger culture (also known as wannabes). Who's to say the old man didn't save this guy's life? I mean, if you look like you're in the game, someone is going to make a play on you. Not that I think the butt shot individual will change up his wardrobe...
            Oh, and 3) don't over-reach in your generalisationizing. Not everyone who frowns on a fad or life style would kill to enforce that frown.

3. Ralph Deeds profile image65

Just curious, at the pool were there any skimpy bikinis with thong bottoms? Disgusting! Enough to make a man sick at his stomach.

hahahahahahah - thank you Ralph, for making a great point.

But i think we need to see more girls showing off their bottoms...

... ... no reason...

Well, this guy got what he deserved!!!

Well, in this case he got what he deserved!!!

1. Ohma profile image59
        Ohmaposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I am not sure which guy you think got we he deserved.

The kid with the droopy pants, of course! (My comment was sarcastic, not serious.) The guy who shot the kid should go to jail for a long time.

3. alternate poet profile image67
    alternate poetposted 13 years ago

Yes - wearing the clothing of your choice is way good enough reason for some d@ckhead with a gun to start shooting the place up - what kind of country are you guys living in !!!!!    and you support gun laws so that any dimwit can have one - says a lot I guess.

1. Ron Montgomery profile image62
      Ron Montgomeryposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Thank God Almighty we live in a country where the right to bear arms and shoot offending buttocks is guaranteed by the 2nd and 28th ammendments.

USA!  USA! USA!

1. profile image0
        EmpressFelicityposted 13 years agoin reply to this

The right to bare arse? 

Sorry, couldn't resist lol

HAHAHAHAHA!!!

2. Jim Hunter profile image61
      Jim Hunterposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Why don't you get back to making substandard products to sell us?

3. Christopher Floyd profile image60

This dimwit has four.This dimwit's wife has two.  If they were good enough to keep the Emperor of Japan from invading the States, they're good enough to administer a spanking.

4. Stacie L profile image88
    Stacie Lposted 13 years ago

As a former teacher who worked with students on parole,it was brought to my attention why this came to style. Like the sneakers without laces, the pants hanging off their butts is something seen in jail. The belts and laces are removed for safety reason and I guess this look told others outside of jail that they were arrested and were considered "bad asses"
    I think they look like plain asses myself.roll

I hope I'm wrong, but I heard that in prison it meant they were for sale.
      *ahem*

5. Misha profile image63
    Mishaposted 13 years ago

LOL Two wrongs don't make right - but still funny. Thanks Stacy smile

If not two wrongs, how about two thongs?

6. Ron Montgomery profile image62
    Ron Montgomeryposted 13 years ago

Reaction to the incident

Warning: disturbing content.

1. Jim Hunter profile image61

Somebody should have shot Simon.

He IS a foreigner, so I guess it would be legal.

1. Jim Hunter profile image61

You are such a Nationalist.

Get over the hate.

I had some tea this morning.

Heh heh. Tea.
              I'm more of a statist. Can I get over it too?

Great video! I can't wait to see that guy again. They should play the video in schools starting in junior high!

7. waynet profile image69
    waynetposted 13 years ago

Hahahahahaha shot in the cheek of his arse!!! hahahahahah!!

......oh....hahahahahahahaha......hehahehaha!....that's gotta hurt, bet he can't sit down for awhile without the old choco starfish squinting!!!

8. profile image0
    Home Girlposted 13 years ago

A very stupid reason to shoot people! A very stupid reason to shoot stupid people. Not funny to me. Couldn't he just say something without shooting the guy? Are we so angry now? Should we start shooting down all idiots? I have couple at work...

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)