jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (14 posts)

They sky is emerald green and full of octopi flying in great focks!

1. kirstenblog profile image74
    kirstenblogposted 6 years ago

How dare anyone tell me I am wrong!!!! If you tell me I am wrong then you are probably a leftie or rightie or liberal Republican tea bagger or something else totally foul! You commie you!

Ever feel like this is the sort of thing that happens repeatedly in both the religious and political forums?

You post a reasonable argument to some outlandish sounding claim and instead of your point being recognised and possibly countered with whit and intelligence its completely ignored. In favour of petty squabbling and name calling I very seldom see a real conversation from opposite views discussed by real adults.

In this vein I am making a wild statement that you may well disagree with but Heaven forfend if you should wish to do so in an intelligent and adult manner and it will prove that you are a vile commie scum bucket and Obama lover who hates God and wants to murder babies and kill all the whales with your liberal agenda! So there!

1. Stan Fletcher profile image78
      Stan Fletcherposted 6 years ago in reply to this

"Why can't we all just get along?" - Rodney King.

"If everyone would just agree with me, we wouldn't have to fight like this."
      - Stan Fletcher

kirstenblogposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Exactly! I mean why doesn't everyone believe the sky is emerald green and full of flocks of octopi! If only they would just agree with me! Gaaaahhh!

1. profile image0
          DoorMattnomoreposted 6 years ago in reply to this

your mostly right, the sky is quite green today. Only I think octopi groups are not called flocks. wink

Ah but then they are flying they are tongue

The oceanic variety of octopi are probably a swarm, but in the sky they are a flock smile

1. profile image0

I like gaggle.

I propose we petition for a change, I love the idea of a gaggle of octopi flying through the sky!
                Perhaps the folks at Websters could consider that for a change when they next update the dictionary smile

2. rebekahELLE profile image87
    rebekahELLEposted 6 years ago

you might have to go to another discussion forum to see intelligent political discussions. these political forums remind me of elementary school.

You know I am not sure that would work. I hate to say it but I have yet to see a single intelligent political discussions when the people involved do have opposite opinions, it seems to be the root problem with politics in the first place, a complete lack of intelligence! lol

1. rebekahELLE profile image87
        rebekahELLEposted 6 years ago in reply to this

oh, I have, but you're right, it's generally not in a forum setting. it's on specific sites where 'reasonably' civil discourse takes place.
        some people here just make me laugh at their immaturity.

3. Eaglekiwi profile image72
    Eaglekiwiposted 6 years ago

Octopi fliying in great focks?
    Wow ,great balls of fire lol

oops, typo, thats flocks big_smile

4. kirstenblog profile image74
    kirstenblogposted 6 years ago

sad my post seems to lack in poignancy with a typo in the title

1. profile image0

lol  lol  lol  I never noticed the typo 'till now.  When I was writing beore, I had typed "flacks", and was very happy notice before hitting submit.  I like focks.

working