If we knew the answer to that one we could do something to prevent it. Sadly I don't think there are any easy answers to this one, hence the variety of religions and government types and other social systems. When one doesn't work we try again, and again, and never quite get it, for whatever reason people do bad things they just do, and we cannot really ever hope to stop it.
An Old Testament Prophet observed; "The heart of man is exceedingly wicked." I'm thinking we come into this world naked, cold, and hungry. Immediately we begin demanding things, and when we don't get what we want, we resort to whatever activity fills our desire... some of us never change, some of us change a little, a very few of us change completely(or nearly so)
1) They don't realize the action is bad and don't know what makes something bad. (Something is bad when it is more destructive to constructive.)
2) Some know that something is bad but they don't care. They want what they want or they enjoy what they do, and consequences to others don't worry t hem.
3) They don't have any other option if they want to hang on to their lives, their friends and family, or their possessions. Young boys in central Africa have a choice. They can either join the bands of roving soldiers or be killed by them.
4) There is some evidence that certain brain chemistry, combined with certain genes, combined with a detrimental environment produces far more criminals than those without those three factors.
5) Other reasons that I do not know, and others do.
6) Other reasons that none of us know yet, may know in the future, or may never know.
by Iontach6 years ago
If you could go back in time and change something bad you did, would you go back?
by Keith Schroeder4 years ago
Why does God do bad things to good people if He really is just?I want honest answers only. No name calling or "my religion is better" stuff.
by pmorries4 years ago
Can't bad things just happen? Or, do bad things happen for a reason?Some people act like it is one's own fault that one gets cancer (e.g., not eating right) or getting robbed (one acted like a victim) or even for...
by Firoz4 years ago
Why Do Bad Things Happen to Good People?
by ii3rittles5 years ago
Why do bad things happen to people that don't deserve it?
by darkinside7 years ago
why bad things hapen to good people.sure good things happen to bad also.but we can foeget that....severe problem is the bad happenings to good people....i recently read a bookhaving this title...can you speak...
Copyright © 2018 HubPages Inc. and respective owners.
Other product and company names shown may be trademarks of their respective owners.
HubPages® is a registered Service Mark of HubPages, Inc.
HubPages and Hubbers (authors) may earn revenue on this page based on affiliate relationships and advertisements with partners including Amazon, Google, and others.