jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (10 posts)

Camden NJ to Layoff Firefighters and Police

1. profile image60
    C.J. Wrightposted 6 years ago

Unbelievable. The city council has got a death whish. If you've ever been to Camden, you know what I mean.

http://philadelphia.cbslocal.com/2010/1 … e-layoffs/

2. ahorseback profile image64
    ahorsebackposted 6 years ago

This isn't about lay offs , this is all about the old " you won't give us more tax money to waste on payrolls and bennies we'll threaten to lay everyone off." Games.....lay off your city council!

1. profile image60
      C.J. Wrightposted 6 years agoin reply to this

I think your exactly right here. That's exactly what they are doing.

3. Evan G Rogers profile image77
    Evan G Rogersposted 6 years ago

government is incapable of managing money properly.

Sorry to break the news, but it is. These types of lay-offs are inevitable for any government that actually expects to pay off its debt.

4. lrohner profile image81
    lrohnerposted 6 years ago

I'm not sure which is worse -- finding out you don't have the police and fire staff that you need, or finding out that you didn't need the police and fire staff that you had. smile

1. Misha profile image76
      Mishaposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Former of course is worse - cause the movement is from positive to negative. In the later case things actually improved, so this should be much better smile

2. Evan G Rogers profile image77
      Evan G Rogersposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Yeah, i had to call the ambulance a while back... This stuff ain't cheap - 800 bucks just to have that thing driven to your home.

Where is my tax money going?

5. wilderness profile image99
    wildernessposted 6 years ago

Interesting.  It reminds me of a story a few weeks ago where, I believe, and fire department stood by while a house burned because the owner hadn't paid the fees.  The country was in a uproar, condemning the department.

This is what happens when there is no money.  No fire protection.  What's so hard to understand about that?

6. ahorseback profile image64
    ahorsebackposted 6 years ago

Government by invention , is corrupt,  Power and money are the cause of more evil than religion and war. This is about human nature at it's worse . No one wants to give up anything. The public sector of employment is going to suffer a little of what the rest are experiencing. The problem is they will lose very little. Public sector employment is the biggest welfare entity in this country.

1. Evan G Rogers profile image77
      Evan G Rogersposted 6 years agoin reply to this

zomg, an Anarchist friend?

working