Huckabee takes up for the First Lady against Palin!

Jump to Last Post 1-7 of 7 discussions (26 posts)
  1. habee profile image92
    habeeposted 13 years ago

Whether you agree with his politics or not, how can you not like Huckabee's personality?

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/ … bama_.html

2. mocrow profile image59
    mocrowposted 13 years ago

I've heard/seen Huckabee take up for other Democrats. He seems pretty fair.

3. Paul Wingert profile image61
    Paul Wingertposted 13 years ago

I never paid much attention to Huckabee, but of what I heard him say so far, he seems like a fair guy. He was elected to governor, so he is kinda electable. As far as president, no way. Of course an 8th grader can put Palin in her place.

4. Uninvited Writer profile image79
    Uninvited Writerposted 13 years ago

Huckabee seems to have class...same with Ron Paul. Oops...staying out of this forum smile

1. habee profile image92
      habeeposted 13 years agoin reply to this

UW, the Huck does seem to have class. He's always civil in his debates, which I really like.

1. profile image57
        C.J. Wrightposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I would rather see Ron Paul. However I'd pick Huck before Romney.

1. habee profile image92

I need to do more research on Romney, as I'm sure he'll get the GOP nod. I read somewhere that Huck might not run because of some big contract he signed.

1. profile image57

I think a lot of GOP potientals are watching Palin. They are concerned with her popularity. Again the media.

1. habee profile image92

I hope the GOP is not dumb enough to choose Palin. It seems the media is pushing her on us!

1. profile image57

Pretty much. I think Rush's little game of "Operation Chaos" has backfired on him and the Conservative in general. It would appear that the Liberal is better at picking the other parties candidate.

2. Ron Montgomery profile image61
                Ron Montgomeryposted 13 years agoin reply to this

She's sinking like a rock in the favorability polls.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-503544_162- … 3544.html#

If she ends up running, it will probably be due to a Democratic Party conspiracy.

1. habee profile image92

Aha! Another conspiracy brought to us by those sneaky Democrats! lol

1. Ron Montgomery profile image61

Vast left-wing conspiracy

5. Ron Montgomery profile image61
    Ron Montgomeryposted 13 years ago

He also was a key voice in shaming reluctant Republicans into taking care of the 9/11 first responders.

1. habee profile image92

I saw that, too, Ron. I agree with Huckabee.

2. profile image57

He has a big heart. It's gotten him into trouble when he was govenor. He was probably right on this issue.

1. habee profile image92

He does have a big heart. Wonder if he'd be tough enough to be POTUS??

1. profile image57

That's my concern with Ron Paul and Huck. I don't think either would be wimps once elected. I do wonder if they have the desire to sling mud when it's needed. I think McCain proved that if you don't shoot back, the mud slung at you tends to stick. It's a shame that the media plays such a huge role, but they do.

1. Doug Hughes profile image60
            Doug Hughesposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I don't like Huckabee as  a presidential candidate, but I think I would like him as a neighbor - not that it's likely. But he's a decent kinda guy who would take care of his stuff without getting picky and whiney if you didn't mow your lawn on time.

The problem is that being a good neighbor and being a good POTUS require radically different skill sets.

6. I am DB Cooper profile image64
    I am DB Cooperposted 13 years ago

If you've seen what Huckabee looked like a decade ago, you know that healthy eating is a very personal issue for him. He's probably lost close to Sarah Palin's weight thanks to healthy food choices and exercises. I don't think anyone is talking about the government forcing us to eat healthier, but there is certainly nothing wrong with the First Lady promoting healthy living, and it's not something she deserves to be ridiculed over.

1. profile image57

Agreed. Michelle made that one statement. "For the first time....".  Its something she should have never said. Because of that she is going to be dogged by the hard right for as long as she is in the White House. Maybe longer. Is it right? Probably not. Should she have shown a little more tact? Probably.
      Huckabee is a minister, he believes in forgiveness and the frailty of man kind. He's not going to throw out the baby with the bath water so to speak.

2. habee profile image92

I agree. I'm no big Obama fan, but I'm reasonable enough to admit that he and Michelle have done some good things. I don't understand the far-right's hoopla about the salad bars in schools. Kids won't be FORCED to eat a salad - that choice will just be made available to them. And I think choice is a good thing!

I know Huck is very health conscious, and I applaud his amazing weight loss. I kow how hard it is! He's not a bad bass guitar player, either. lol

1. Aficionada profile image80
        Aficionadaposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I agree!  But there are also some choices in school cafeterias that I honestly think are just dumb.  Soda pop machines?  Candy machines?  I mean, c'mon!!  It's one thing to permit kids to bring empty calories in their own brown bag lunches - but to provide those as an option that appears to be sanctioned by the school?  Let's at least balance those non-nutritious choices with the choice of some foods that are actually healthy!

1. habee profile image92

I agree. Why can't they replace the soda machines with ones that sell juices or bottled water? Instead of candy snacks, sell fruit, nuts, or low-fat ice cream, which at least has some protein and calcium.

Salad should be available as an option. Some kids need the calories from a traditional school lunch because that might be the only meal they get all day.

2. Ron Montgomery profile image61

The soda companies have been paying big bucks to the schools for allowing placement of their machines.  The "invisible hand" of the free market; it's a wonderful thing.

7. habee profile image92
    habeeposted 13 years ago

Hi, Doug! Huckabee does seem very likeable as a person. I'm going to do some more research on him as a politician/leader. Of course, I also find Obama a likeable person.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)