Nas attacks Fox news with the most important song in Modern History!

Jump to Last Post 1-18 of 18 discussions (32 posts)
  1. DJ Funktual profile image76
    DJ Funktualposted 15 years ago

If you missed it, you missed history.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zw_m4sTJtoc

PLEASE DON'T TURN AWAY BECAUSE OF YOUR HANGUPS
    OVER NOT LIKING HIP-HOP MUSIC.

This is the most IMPORTANT SONG in the last 10 YEARS in any genre!!!!!

NAS - SLY FOX - Lyrics

The sly Fox, cyclops

We locked in an idiot box

The video slots broadcast

The Waco Dividian plots

They own YouTube, MySpace

When this ignorant shit going to stop?

They monopolizing news

Your views

And the channel you choose

Propaganda, visual cancer

The eye in the sky, number 5 on the dial

Secret agenda, frequency antenna

Dr. Mindbender

Remote control soul

Controller

Your brain holder

Slave culture, game's over

What's a fox characteristic?

Slick shit, sensin', misinformation

Pimp the station, over-stimulation

Reception, deception

Comcast digital Satan

The Fox has a bushy tail

And Bush tells lies and foxtrots

So, I don't know what's real (what's real)

[ Chorus ]

Watch what you're watching

Fox keeps feeding us toxins

Stop sleeping

Start thinking outside of the box

And unplugg from the Matrix doctrine

But watch what you say,

Big Brother is watching

Fox keeps feeding us toxins

Stop sleeping

Start thinking outside of the box

And unplugged from the Matrix doctrine

But watch what you say, Fox Five is watching

[ Nas ]

The Fear Factir that got you all riled up

O'Reilly? Oh really? No rally

needed, I'll tie you up

Network for child predators, setting them up

MySpace, pimps, hoes and sluts

Y'all exploit rap culture,

then y'all flip on us

And you own the Post, and y'all shit on us

What is their net worth?

They're going to try to censor my next verse

Throw them off the roof neck first

While I'm clicking my cursor

Reading blogs about pressure

they put on Universal

It gets worse

While I'm clicking my mouse

While they kickin my house

They figured us out

Why a ni**a go south?

It's either he caught a body

Don't sleep, they're watching

I watch CBS, and I see BS

Trying to track us down with GPS

Make a ni**a want to invest in PBS

[ Chorus ]

[ Nas ]

They say I'm all about murder

murder and kill kill

But what about Grindhouse and Kill Bill?

What about Cheney and Halliburton?

The back door deals on oil fields?

How is Nas the most violent person?

Y'all wouldn't know talent if it hit you

Bringing up my criminal

possession charges with a pistol

I use Viacom as my firearm

Then let the lyrics split you,

who do you rely upon?

Then shoot shells at Leviathon

I'm dealing with the higher form

***k if you care how I write a poem

Only fox that I loved was the red one

Only black man that Fox love is

in jail or a dead one

Red rum, political bedlam

Don't let the hype into

your eyes and ear drum

Murdoch own fox

Not A-Team with Baracus

And he hates Barack cuz he

march with the marches

[ Deep voice outro ]

I pledge allegiance to the

fair and balanced truth

Not the biased truth

Not the liar's truth

But the highest truth

I will not be deceived

Nor will I believe in the propaganda

I will not fall for the okie-doke

I am tuned in...

[ Nas ]

Watch because they're watching

Better watch because they're watching

M-m-media, misleading you

1. SparklingJewel profile image67
      SparklingJewelposted 15 years agoin reply to this

I get the message and believe it too...but what it means to me and what it means to you may be two different things. Like, define highest truth !? smile
      People can't take rap seriously despite some right on things some rappers may have to say because of other things other rappers say that are soooooo bad for heart and soul. Like any genre of anything, they get lumped together by association, despite any differences there may be between them.

Its like the 60s and 70s, there were good hippie aspects and there were bad hippie aspects. OR like politicians,  or lawyers, or judges, or priests, or etc...good and bad...but they all can get lumped together by association.

Media...all sides, all bad shortcomings...except Charles Krauthammer, I like my turtle man!
      I don't think much of the opinions of entertainers...everyone has some good point or two, but never all their life aspects. We never get to see the percentages of goodness, only badness and because people buy it, either with their money, soul or mind, they are lending that degree of their individual power to that person (entertainer, politician, etc...) and that person abuses the power and we all allow manipulation, or not.

Are you manipulated by this rapper"s song?  How do you know your definition of his words is the same as his definition? do you see every detail of his life and know for a fact that you now what he is about...NOT. Unless of course you know him personally and spend 24/7 with him.

We must choose carefully who we side with, or even listen to, because we need to be responsible for our own actions, thoughts, words and deeds, and not be deceived by association.

2. Misha profile image63
    Mishaposted 15 years ago

LOL
    Why don't you guys just quit watching TV altogether? It's so uncoooooooool at the times of the Internet wink

DJ Funktualposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Well, Misha, Mr. narrowminded, WE already have, but our fellow citizens/sheep in this country still believe this sad crap.

1. Misha profile image63
        Mishaposted 15 years agoin reply to this

So you are a missionary, right? wink

3. Sprinkler Man profile image58
    Sprinkler Manposted 15 years ago

I totally agree with you DJ, that is a kick a** song.

Rock on!!!

4. William F. Torpey profile image71
    William F. Torpeyposted 15 years ago

I just want to make it clear that Bing Crosby is not responsible "for white Christmas every time it snows" as Colbert says (with his tongue in his cheek.)

5. DJ Funktual profile image76

Again, self-interest. 

Is that all you heard, Mr. Torpey?   

What about the song?  and who it's aimed at?

6. knolyourself profile image61
    knolyourselfposted 15 years ago

Mr. Torpey you sure are a die-hard. But I have to agree with you. The Bing Crosby era was probably the height of American aesthetics culminating aroung 1960, when the corporations took over.

7. William F. Torpey profile image71
    William F. Torpeyposted 15 years ago

I heard the message, DJ, and I generally agree with the sentiment. But I can't consider rap "singing," or even "music." To me it's a totally different art form, not one that interests me a great deal. I have a record album that deals with politics that I like a lot better. It's called "Sing Along With Millard Fillmore." In case you're wondering, it contains presidential campaign songs from George Washington to Dwight Eisenhower.

8. Misha profile image63
    Mishaposted 15 years ago

LOL Jewel,
    I think it's just an age thing. I can't stand rap, too - but I love rock - and my parents don't big_smile
    That's about new generation, let them have it, there is nothing wrong with it I am sure smile

Hi Misha!   How's it going? I can't stand rock or rap, jazz or hip-hop, funk or junk, disco or etc...

I guess I am a real bore, but to me music is for the soul relaxation, meditation, upliftment and praise of God within and without...not for jagged rhythms and beats that assault the heart, mind  soul and environment from a  healthy course and attunement.

But that is what music is about for me, not politics...I don't want to combined the two.

9. DJ Funktual profile image76

You don't like music, period.  You don't even know what it is.   

Typically shallow POV you got there SJ.  Your comments about rap music is soooooooo irrelevant, i don't know where to start.

God and music are the ones that don't mix jack.   Rock-n-Roll and Hip-Hop are expressions of rebellion. 

Music IS politics.   

Woody Guthrie, Bob Dylan, Bruce, Joni, John Mellencamp, Public Enemy, etc.

If you have no tolerance for rap music as an art-form than You probably have no tolerance for the youth or blacks either. 

Just God right?    eesh.

I did not attack you DJ.  I am sorry if you think I attacked you personally.  Why are you afronted by what little you know about my life, I am a genuine soul that lives her own life and feels like keeping her music and politics separate...are you heaping intolerance on me? smile

Why are you attacking me and my feeling and beliefs? Am I not entitled to my feelings and opinions and my beliefs? You are yours, why not me, mine?

10. DJ Funktual profile image76

First of all, I thought i was talking to YET ANOTHER GUY who hates music and can't even take one black person seriously because as you say, " others have done something to their soul blah blah.  You are entitled to feel what ever you want.

But what in the hell is the point of saying something ignorant about music when you admittedly don't know anything about it?

Definiton of ignorant: uninformed.  I'm not calling you ignorant BUT why in the hell would you judge something you don't understand.   

then you ask me if I was manipulated by his song.

Don't ***in talk down to me okay? 

Just because I don't let my preacher do my thinking for me...

Your reaction was offensive in my opinion. 
    Your judging people you don't know anything about.   Rappers
    Now I'm judging you.  How does it feel?

But why would you judge me by saying I don't understand...I understand what i understand about what i understand...and you are doing the same. That was my only point, how much do you really understand about what you think you understand concerning what someone else understands? You are just as ignorant about what I understand as you say I am about what you understand. How do we, or anybody, really , completely, know what another person is talking about? Seriously... smile

Your judging me doesn't bother me because i am ok with where i am at, for I know that I will change in some way shape or form tomorrow...knowing more, learning more, by having interactions with others and staying able to be true to myself, knowing that i don't know everything...it makes life easier thinking this way smile

I don't have a preacher thinking for me either, I am my own spiritual guide.

What do you mean about talking down to you?

11. Misha profile image63
    Mishaposted 15 years ago

LOL Jamie,
    I think you overreact smile

Good night guys! Behave wink

12. DJ Funktual profile image76

Sorry to have put so much energy into this.  You seem nice enough.

It's just...

You are not making much sense to me.  i understand your concept but how can you say you're learning more each day when you are so close-minded about music?

You said you didn't like music and what got under my skin was then you proceeded to say

"  I can't stand rock or rap, jazz or hip-hop, funk or junk, disco or etc... guess I am a real bore, but to me music is for the soul relaxation, meditation, upliftment and praise of God within and without...not for jagged rhythms and beats that assault the heart, mind  soul and environment from a  healthy course and attunement.

See how exclusionary and one-sided that is?  I'm a DJ.  Am I a heathen?

I can't stand ~  the first three words that lead one to think WHYso intolerant?
    Why can't you stand it?   WHY OH WHY would a beat assault the heart, mind and soul?

That's rediculous.  if you don't know anything about music how do YOU know what it does to the three IMAGINARY things.  heart, mind, soul,  they are so abstract. 

How can you judge and discard something and condemn it as unsacred? 
    Hip-Hop and Fox News and jagged subjects. 
    You are soft and fuzzy.  Stay out of it.  I mean that in as nice a way as I can.   

See my avatar.   I got TRUTH, JUSTICE AND THE AMERICAN WAY behind me.   wink

Hi DJ,

I have been a musician for 40 years. I have listened to every genre there is, but have not followed the genres as you have. I have studied the flow of chi through the meridians in Oriental medicine and have studied and practiced many aspects of a spiritual path for over 25 years. With my training and study, I believe from my own experiences what i believe. Certain beats and rhythms "can" disrupt the harmonious flow of chi, the life giving energy that animates every one's body, mind and soul and the natural world. Yes, it is abstract to some, but not to everyone. But I try my best to view it as scientifically as I can, and not condemn it.

We all are where we are in what we do and believe in life. You are very adept at what you do. I have read some of your hubs and can appreciate what service you believe you are providing for others, just as I do.

And for the record I never called you a heathen, or said what you or anyone else is doing with music is not sacred, you said those things, never once did I imply that. I am sorry that you must have had someone else say that it is so and made you assume I meant the same. People, my own family, think I am evil, because of what I study and believe, so i know how that feels.

Geez, we can't all be the same and believe everything everyone else does. For me it is possible to believe what i believe and not condemn another for what they believe, I may not agree with it or believe it, but hey, that's what makes the world go round. Can't we all just get along and find some common ground.

13. DJ Funktual profile image76

I believe we have some common ground.

But you didn't answer why you CAN'T STAND any of these art-forms?  Why? 
    You say it hurts the soul.  That's not condemnation? 

What kind of musician would say that? 

What did this have to do with Nas and Fox news again?

Sorry if I lumped you together with the OTHER zealots around here that won't shut up about God for three seconds.  They bug the snot out of me and I don't handle it as gracefully as Mark does.  LOL!

I think they even get on God's nerves.   G'night and Peace .

Why does my definition of a musician have to be the same as yours? I know many musicians who would say the same as I do.

Can't stand means, that it does disrupt my chi flow when i am not in the
      right place of heart, or am tired from a hard day at work. It is purely an energy thing most of the time, meaning that just the energy itself of the sound of the music affects my energy field. And so I choose to not let my energy field be affected by it, so I stay away from it as much as possible. Most people are stuck in reacting to certain music emotionally because it affects them physically, but they just don't recognize it as that. It can hurt my soul, because it affects me physically and my physical being is connected to my soul. that is just where I am at. Others are where they are.

I am talking about it physically affecting me because I recognize it as such from my studies and experience. I like most classical music genres and some folk and traditional songs, as well as church stuff and a few of the  popular genre tunes. I just happen to be studying in the areas of music that I feel the most connected with and have an affinity to for my training as a music therapist and other wholistic healing modalities.

Good nite to you too,

Okay, fair enough.

Good Morning DJ big_smile Did you get any sleep? I went to bed at 2:30 CST, have you been awake since before 3 hours ago according to your post?

no.  I had to drive my wife to the hospital at 7am.  (She's a cardiac nurse) so I was just checking in.    I just woke up again at 1pm EST.  Thanks for your insights.  It was interesting.

14. patnamohan profile image58
    patnamohanposted 15 years ago

what!

Your avatar picture of that child makes me laugh big_smile

15. Marian Swift profile image61
    Marian Swiftposted 15 years ago

Rap's not my usual cup of tea ... but that rap sure is!   I saw that bit, and wow.

Thanks for catching the lyrics, DJ.  They need to be posted on a lot of walls.

16. DJ Funktual profile image76

Hell yeah Marian.

17. hot dorkage profile image76
    hot dorkageposted 15 years ago

Well that is pretty spot on poetry.  That is the kind of hip hop I can get into, as long as I don't think of it as "music."   To me hip hop is street poetry, It's all about the words and the rhythm of them.   The beat is just a rigid frame to hang it on just as the 12 bar blues is a rigid music pattern kind of like a raga.    Just as in all art, the quality of hip hop can vary from down right stupid (all the four letter words and not really expressing much) all the way to brilliant.  I'd invite Nas to a poetry reading any time and be wildly enthusiastic.   Those words are pretty accessible to mainstream culture unlike some.     I already get so mad if Fox news is ever on my TV that I just flip to a different channel.

I love the moniker and the great insight into music vs. poetry.  Proud to be a new fan of yours.

1. profile image0
        pgrundyposted 15 years agoin reply to this

I saw Nas on The Colbert Report. It was pretty good. Colbert can't stand Fox News or Bill O'Reilly, so it was a good place for the song. It's so disgusting what Fox does. I think the petition  Nas took up was great and I hope he keeps on with it. Fox blows.

18. DJ Funktual profile image76

Well said.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)