Human Events’ readers, in an online poll, recently voted billionaire financier George Soros “the single most destructive leftist demagogue in the country.” Here are the Top 10 Reasons George Soros Is Dangerous:
1. Gives billions to left-wing causes: Soros started the Open Society Institute in 1993 as a way to spread his wealth to progressive causes. Using Open Society as a conduit, Soros has given more than $7 billion to a who’s who of left-wing groups. This partial list of recipients of Soros’ money says it all: ACORN, Apollo Alliance, National Council of La Raza, Tides Foundation, Huffington Post, Southern Poverty Law Center, Soujourners, People for the American Way, Planned Parenthood, and the National Organization for Women.
2. Influence on U.S. elections: Soros once said that removing President George W. Bush from office in 2004 was the "central focus of my life." He put his money where his mouth is, giving $23.58 million to various 527 groups dedicated to defeating Bush. His early financial support helped jump-start Barack Obama’s political career. Soros hosted a 2004 fund-raiser for Obama when he was running for the Illinois Senate and gave the maximum-allowed contribution within hours of Obama’s announcement that he was running for President.
3. Wants to curtail American sovereignty: Soros would like nothing better than for America to become subservient to international bodies. He wants more power for groups such as the World Bank and International Monetary Fund, even while saying the U.S. role in the IMF should be “downsized.” In 1998, he wrote: “Insofar as there are collective interests that transcend state boundaries, the sovereignty of states must be subordinated to international law and international institutions.”
4. Media Matters: Soros is a financial backer of Media Matters for America, a progressive media watchdog group that hyperventilates over any conservative view that makes it into the mainstream media. Now its founder, David Brock, has openly declared war on Fox News, telling Politico that the group was mounting “guerrilla warfare and sabotage” against the cable news channel, and would try to disrupt the commercial interests of owner Rupert Murdoch—an odd mission for a 501(c)(3) tax-exempt educational foundation that is barred from participating in partisan political activity.
5. MoveOn.org: Soros has been a major funder of MoveOn.org, a progressive advocacy group and political action committee that raises millions for liberal candidates. This is the group that had on its website an ad comparing President George W. Bush to Adolf Hitler and ran the infamous “General Betray Us” ad in the New York Times, disparaging the integrity of Gen. David Petraeus.
6. Center for American Progress: Headed by John Podesta, White House chief of staff under President Clinton, the Center for American Progress has been instrumental in providing progressive talking points and policy positions for the Obama administration. There has also been a revolving door between the White House and the Soros-funded think tank, with Obama staffing his administration with many CAP officials.
7. Environmental extremism: Former Obama green jobs czar Van Jones and his leftist environmental ideas have been funded by Soros’ money at these groups: the Ella Baker Center, Green For All, the Center for American Progress, and the Apollo Alliance, which was instrumental in getting $110 billion in green initiatives included in Obama’s stimulus package. Soros also funds the Climate Policy Initiative to address global warming and gave Friends of the Earth money to “integrate a climate equity perspective in the presidential transition.”
8. America Coming Together: Soros gave nearly $20 million to this 527 group with the express purpose of defeating President Bush. A massive get-out-the-vote effort, ACT’s door-to-door canvassing teams included numerous felons, its voter registration drives were riddled with fraud, and it handed out incendiary fliers and made misleading taped phone calls to voters. ACT was fined $775,000 by the Federal Election Commission for violations of various federal campaign finance laws.
9. Currency manipulation: A large part of Soros' multibillion-dollar fortune has come from manipulating currencies. During the 1997 Asian financial crisis, Malaysian Prime Minister Mahathir bin Mohamad accused him of bringing down the nation’s currency through his trading activities, and in Thailand he was called an “economic war criminal.” Known as “The Man who Broke the Bank of England,” Soros initiated a British financial crisis by dumping 10 billion sterling, forcing the devaluation of the currency and gaining a billion-dollar profit.
10. Delusions: Soros has repeatedly said that he sees himself as a messianic figure. Who but a megalomaniac would make these comments? “I admit that I have always harbored an exaggerated view of my self-importance—to put it bluntly, I fancied myself as some kind of god” or “I carried some rather potent messianic fantasies with me from childhood, which I felt I had to control, otherwise I might end up in the loony bin.” If only the loony bin were an option. As it is, one of the wealthiest men in the world is using his billions to impose a radical agenda on America.
Oly, where do you dig up this crap? The only people Soros is a danger to are hate groups, far right billionaires like the Koch brothers and crooks in the banking, drug, oil, coal, insurance industries and others who spend their time xxxking the poor. Unless you are a millionaire you're slitting your own throat by letting yourself be taken in by the people who are feeding you right wing propaganda. I hope some of them at least are paying you to regurgitate their lies.
Just trying to make my point, I don't care for the company our leader keeps.
Now if you can disagree with that point, I will back off.
Soros is a philantropist who has generously supported democracy throughout the world. He is a democrat and a Democrat. That's why he's being slandered by right-wing, anti-tax, anti-government demagogues.
Disagree with the point that you don't like progressive causes for the sake of them being progressive? Who gives a s*$t whether you like his company or not? Soros has been to the White House 5 times. Hagee went to Bush weekly. How many visits did Kenneth Lay have with Bush?
You don't like the company Obama keeps? What you appear to not like is accountability, because those things you listed hold GOP accountable.
I read a little more than 1 book from Dan Brown. Then i was fed up with all the junk about Illuminati and Scull&Bones and Bilderberg.
Why is it difficult to understand that some people simply think fast and take advantage of economic situations. No masterplanning, no conspiracy.
It goes both ways.
* The Koch brothers, whose wealth, when combined, is the fourth highest in the nation, run one of the largest private companies in the country. Koch Industries is involved in industries ranging from oil and gas, refining and chemicals, minerals, fertilizers, forestry, consumer products, polymers and fibers, and ranching. They have operations in 45 states.
* The Koch brothers use their considerable wealth to bankroll the right wing, including the Tea Party. This serves the purpose of furthering not only their right-wing ideology but also their bottom line. Koch Industries has a lot to gain
from gutting government oversight and electing candidates who oppose government regulation, especially in the oil-and-gas industry.
* Chances are the Koch brothers are part of any recent right-wing attack as of late as they have fought health reform, Wall Street reform, collective bargaining rights, and efforts to curb climate change, to name just a few.
* We have identified at least $85 million the Koch brothers have given to at least 85 right-wing think tanks and advocacy groups over the past decade and a half.
* Their main advocacy group, Americans for Prosperity, has chapters in 32 states and spent $45 million in the last election, predominantly to help elect Republicans.
* The Kochs donated directly to 62 of the 87 members of the House GOP freshman class.
* The Koch brothers are active at the state level, spending $5.2 million on candidates and ballot measures in 34 states since 2003. They donated directly to 13 governors that won election last year.
* The Kochs are not going away. In fact, they have already pledged to raise $88 million for the 2012 election and have started scheduling events for potential Republican presidential candidates.
http://www.americanprogressaction.org/i … others.pdf
Maybe we can just agree that a major overhaul of campaign financing is needed and moneyed interests should be kept out of politics in general, especially in light of the ridiculous returns companies are routinely getting on lobbying expenses. American politicians, it seems, are easily bought.
"Soros is a danger to are hate groups, far right billionaires like the Koch brothers and crooks in the banking, drug, oil, coal, insurance industries and others who spend their time xxxking the poor." Soros is these people one and the same and anything to the contrary is a disinformation campaign.
The ruling agencies always fund both political sides. That way they can control both.
by OLYHOOCH 8 years ago
Two years ago, George Soros said he wanted to reorganize the entire global economic system. In two short weeks, he is going to start – and no one seems to have noticed.“On April 8, a group he’s funded with $50 million is holding a major economic conference and Soros’s goal for such an event...
by Doug Robinson 8 years ago
With the recent revelation that Gov. Walker of Wisconsin may be in the back pocket of the Koch brothers of Koch Industry fame, is our democracy in danger?
by TMMason 7 years ago
It is BS like this that is driving America to the Right. So I say.. "Go Howard and the rest of you Leant Leftists, GO GO GO! Keep running your mouths with all the hate... you are helping me to collect more partners in my fight to remove you al from our Govt. So you all just go go go!"The...
by Kathryn L Hill 2 years ago
Is he a good guy or a bad guy as far as what YOU know?
by Susie Lehto 20 months ago
Anderson Cooper has lost all credibility in a new clip where he claimed that George Soros was not a Nazi collaborator despite the fact Soros has admitted it himself. CNN Achieves Ultimate Fake News Status, Claims George Soros Was Not A Nazi Collaborator* ...
by AnnCee 7 years ago
Yesterday Glenn Beck and his wife met his college age daughter and her boyfriend at a park in NYC where they show movies outdoors free. The rest of the family was there when Beck arrived from work just about the time the movie was starting. Before too long people started pointing...
Copyright © 2019 HubPages Inc. and respective owners. Other product and company names shown may be trademarks of their respective owners. HubPages® is a registered Service Mark of HubPages, Inc. HubPages and Hubbers (authors) may earn revenue on this page based on affiliate relationships and advertisements with partners including Amazon, Google, and others.
HubPages Inc, a part of Maven Inc.
|HubPages Device ID||This is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.|
|Login||This is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.|
|HubPages Traffic Pixel||This is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.|
|Remarketing Pixels||We may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.|
|Conversion Tracking Pixels||We may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.|