jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (8 posts)

Google Conned By Mainstream Media

1. bgamall profile image81
    bgamallposted 6 years ago

Google is being conned by the mainstream media, which shows up higher in search these days, post Panda. Here is how Google is being scammed: when the search giant measures likes at Facebook or at other social media, the likes are being registered by brainwashed people who are have already succumbed to the propaganda put forth by the popular news sites. There is a circular confirmation of crap, or CCC.

Google is guilty of succumbing to CCC. And CCC is just more deflection from the truth and is nothing more than the tyranny of the majority, eloquently warned about by De Tocqueville many years ago.

bgamallposted 6 years agoin reply to this

And here is absolute proof of the tyranny of the majority working in the autocomplete!!!  http://www.google.com/support/forum/p/W … &hl=en

But search being controlled by propaganda is: PANDAGANDA! Google is a PANDAGANDIST!

1. Jim Hunter profile image60
        Jim Hunterposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Rousing thread you got going.

Are you sure you've done your research?

Yes, I have. Google apparently is measuring likes on Facebook. Google needs to protect minority opinion and if it is just a popularity contest it cannot do so.  http://synnd.com/social-media-marketing … marketing/   

Social buzz is the new link. Maybe I could get a job "liking" stuff. Lol. Yes Rousing, lol.

1. jantamaya profile image74
            jantamayaposted 6 years agoin reply to this

You're right, and Google loves forums too! :-| They love also eHow very much. Can't imagine why? Did Google buy eHow?

They didn't buy Ehow, but people are paid a fee for production most of the time.

2. TerryGl profile image60
    TerryGlposted 6 years ago

Good possibility this is the case. A well known internet marketer with a huge following has now launched a membership where members like pages. The idea is it's early days and such techniques can go unnoticed until they have been found out.

My understanding of this is, the members go to each others sites and like it.

Now that is serp manipulation at its best, and just as unethical, but that's what the Big G wants - likes..

I don't know why they don't make all of search paid. These big sites are spending big bucks to hook up with high traffic portals. So it is a defacto Paid Search. If you don't play you aren't important.

working