Will Bauchman have more to overcome than a run for Office?

Jump to Last Post 1-2 of 2 discussions (14 posts)
  1. dutchman1951 profile image61
    dutchman1951posted 12 years ago

What do you think. As President would , world leaders respect Her enough, would the Arab Nations treat her equal? I think of Ms Thatcher and how she worked harder to be taken seriously, how tough she had to be, and how many times the behind closed doors comments flew, and some in the papers also.

It's still a good ol Boys club out there.
    She seems the Best of the GOP, but will Old stereotypes and BS fog the way for her? Or have we grown up sense then?

your thoughts if you care to please?

1. Ms Dee profile image86
      Ms Deeposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I think it depends on how strong a fight she makes and a spine she keeps, as well as how much we supporters will not put up with, fighting along with her. We must make it painful for the good ol Boys to continue with business as usual. How hard will we fight them, is the question, I'm thinking.

1. Mighty Mom profile image77
        Mighty Momposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I think electing Obama was intended to make it painful for the good old boys to continue with business as usual. They HATE IT and are fighting back with everything they've got.
        Bachmann does stand out in the GOP lineup of GOBs.
        I need to read up on her accomplishments as a Congresswoman, committees she serves on, legislation she's championed, etc.
        One positive debate is not enough to obliterate her previously ditzy persona.
        It's a fact (fair or unfair) that she is compared constantly to Palin. And it's unclear at this point whether the GOP thinks that's good or bad.

I think Hillary Clinton has proved herself on the international stage. Her cojones are as big as any Arab leader's!! smile

1. habee profile image93
          habeeposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I think Hill's are bigger!

As for Bachmann, I thought she was a nut, but I have to admit she looked pretty smart in the debate. I still think she's too socially conservative to get elected. I want to learn more about Huntsman!

1. tony0724 profile image60
            tony0724posted 12 years agoin reply to this

Of course you thought she was a nut Habee. Did you think as a Republican the media was going to portray her in any other fashion ?
            I thought she had a good opening round in the debates. But I am far far away from making a choice for any candidate right now. One thing is for sure though. I won't be picking Obummer !

2. uncorrectedvision profile image60
            uncorrectedvisionposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Huntsman is as unelectable as Romney or Gingrich.  His positions are out of step on issues relevant to the current crop of Republican, conservative and independent voters.  These voters have no patience for that ancient brand of compromised Republicanism - one reason why conservatives sat on their hands in 2008.

The litmus test for "social liberal, fiscal conservatives" ( a description of questionable merit) has been abortion.  Opinions about abortion have been changing for years.

http://www.gallup.com/poll/118399/More- … -Time.aspx

Bachmann's genuine conservatism won't be a barrier to success but Izvestia and Pravda will.

1. tony0724 profile image60

Huntsman is as unelectable as Romney or Gingrich

Gotta agree with that one. No one wants a RINO. And his affiliation with the current administration is no feather in his cap by any means. Even USA Today acknowledged that in todays paper. And I wish Newt would go away too !

1. profile image0
                Texasbetaposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I find it strange the the Republicans have come to the point that one must be 100% down the party line, without independent thinking, in order to garner support from the party. Think about this...Reagan raised taxes 3 times after he lowered them, expanded abortion rights farther than any other governor in history, declared amnesty for illegal aliens, sold arms to Iran illegally, illegally supported another war which resulted in the influx of cocaine into the US, etc....how would Reagan fare in the Republican party today, the party who touts him as their savior? I suggest he would be considered more liberal than Obama after Glenn Beck and Fox got through with the reporting.

2. dutchman1951 profile image61
          dutchman1951posted 12 years agoin reply to this

point taken Mighty mom

3. tony0724 profile image60

You mean by pledging those billions to Pakistan and trying to drag us into Libya on behalf of NATO there MM ? And I have no doubt she had to know about our operations in Yemen.

4. uncorrectedvision profile image60

New (illegal) War in Libya

Secret (illegal) War in Yemen

Acts of War against Pakistan

Iraq and Afghanistan still going strong.

Iran is, according to IAEA, a nuclear power.

Egypt is now run by the radical Muslim Brotherhood

Portugal, Italy, Ireland, Greece and Spain tanking

China surging

North Korea still crazy

The international successes of the Barry/Hillary foreign policy mechanism.

At least Huma Wiener is gaining from Hillary's one area of expertise.  Keeping a criminal, lying, perverted husband in his office after he successfully soiled it.

Awesome.

5. uncorrectedvision profile image60

Last time I checked Barry was male.  So the Democrat good old boys network went with race before sex in tossing Hillary aside in 2008.

2. Dennis AuBuchon profile image62
      Dennis AuBuchonposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I was impressed with Bachmann more than the other candidates.  We need to look at the records of all the candidates and what their records have shown.  Bachmann presented herself well.  Getting elected will be a tough battle for her as no woman has ever held that post but is should not be impossible.  It depends on who she surrounds herself with and if she is the nominee of the GOP who her running mate will be.

2. uncorrectedvision profile image60
    uncorrectedvisionposted 12 years ago

Bachmann is just another cold hearted, cruel, conservative Republican, after all she only took in 23 foster children. 

Hillary is working out so well as SOS - "Bashir AL Assad is a reformer" a reformer in ways of slaughtering his own people.
                                            "Mubarak must go" - now the Brotherhood is doing virginity checks - another great leap forward for women while Hillary, the cuckold, steps on herself.
                                             "He ran a gas station down in St. Louis... No, Mahatma Gandhi was a great leader of the 20th century.” – showing off her diplomacy chops early
                                              "I remember landing under sniper fire. There was supposed to be some kind of a greeting ceremony at the airport, but instead we just ran with our heads down to get into the vehicles to get to our base." --on visiting Bosnia in 1996, contradicting other accounts that said there was no threat of gunfire. Clinton later said she "misspoke"  So brave in her own mind.

Bachmann just cannot hold a candle to that kind of brilliance.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)