jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (14 posts)

Green Government Vehicles and Nations awareness cannot achieve goals

1. John Holden profile image61
    John Holdenposted 6 years ago

Blueyankee asks - ."What happens when you cant reach the charging station nor have
    the money or credit card to use the electric charging station?"

I would imagine pretty much the same as would happen if you turned up at a conventional gas station without the means to pay!

And that goes for the rest of your ill-thought out diatribe.

1. dutchman1951 profile image59
      dutchman1951posted 6 years ago in reply to this

beter get an extreamly long extenshion cord!

2. Evan G Rogers profile image80
    Evan G Rogersposted 6 years ago

Electric cars make almost no sense whatsoever.

They will continue to make no sense until we develop a renewable-resource based energy supply grid that can handle what we have NOW!!

THEN we can start jumping to make our cars electric.

When you plug your electric car into the socket here in the US, you're likely supporting the burning of coal.

... so...

I dunno, what do you like better? Burning coal or gas?

1. dutchman1951 profile image59
      dutchman1951posted 6 years ago in reply to this

conversion to natural gas, or develope proven hydrogen technology, might be a consideration here?

1. kerryg profile image86
        kerrygposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Natural gas has a little PR problem called fracking, and hydrogen is still a pipe dream. It makes much more sense to use the green technologies we have now.

2. John Holden profile image61
      John Holdenposted 6 years ago in reply to this

It's a matter of burning gas where people live or burning coal where they don't.

3. kerryg profile image86

Maybe and may be not. The sort of people who would buy an electric car tend to spend an extra buck or two a month to buy green energy for their homes, and most electric charging stations I've read about do the same.

If green cars became extremely common, it might become a problem that there wouldn't be enough green electricity to keep them going, but I don't see that happening anytime soon in most of the country and most of the areas where they're likely to be most popular (Seattle, Portland, SF, New York, etc.) are already expanding their green energy infrastructure because that's what the local voters and consumers want.

3. Hugh Williamson profile image88
    Hugh Williamsonposted 6 years ago

You should write a hub about this instead of posting it in the forum. Or, why don't you write a hub about something?

A few real Hubs would help to legitimize you as a real HP member and we'd know that you're not just a paid forum poster.

1. Doug Hughes profile image61
      Doug Hughesposted 6 years ago in reply to this

The broken margins of the OP suggest this is a cut-and-paste... with no attribution to source.

1. Hugh Williamson profile image88
        Hugh Williamsonposted 6 years ago in reply to this

This will be such a disappointment to his students at MIT. wink

2. Uninvited Writer profile image82
        Uninvited Writerposted 6 years ago in reply to this

If he is a paid poster they are not getting their moneys worth because no one can figure out what he is saying.

1. kerryg profile image86

LOL, seriously!

I don't understand why the concept of double breaks is so hard for some people to grasp...

working