jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (12 posts)

Ind. Planned Parenthood law blocked

1. profile image0
    Texasbetaposted 6 years ago

"A federal judge in Indianapolis on Friday blocked part of an Indiana law that cut off public funding for the state’s Planned Parenthood outlets because they provide abortions, the Associated Press reported."

Read more: http://www.politico.com/news/stories/06 … z1QJrcGakX

2. goldenpath profile image74
    goldenpathposted 6 years ago

Good!  Planned Parenthood is a viper wreathed in angelic robes.  My tax dollars should not support death and even worse the advocating and teaching of death.

1. profile image0
      Texasbetaposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Maybe you didn't get it...the conservatives tried to end Planned Parenthood funding, and the judge blocked them from doing so.
      Also, you tax dollars DO NOT go to abortion in any way, even at Planned Parenthood. You are entirely 100% incorrect in this entire post.

2. Sally's Trove profile image86
      Sally's Troveposted 6 years agoin reply to this

And my tax dollars shouldn't support war.

3. TMMason profile image63
    TMMasonposted 6 years ago

Strip them of everything. And then out-law Abortion. Roe Vs Wade will be over-turned in my lifetime. And it will be a great day.

1. profile image0

Good luck.

4. knolyourself profile image62
    knolyourselfposted 6 years ago

Personally I support abortion. Notice men are great talkers, but will do anything, including going to war and getting maimed
    just so they don't have to do the work of raising children.

1. profile image0

AMEN

2. TMMason profile image63
      TMMasonposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Maybe not the men you know... but the rest of us take pride in raising our children.

1. Sally's Trove profile image86
        Sally's Troveposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Many men take pride in raising their children, so you are not alone. However, show me a man with a uterus.

This reminds me of another story. Eight weeks after my daughter was born, my male OB (whom I adored) said to me, "Now, that wasn't so bad, was it?" I asked him if he had a uterus. This wonderful man took my question to heart, and I know he never asked that idiotic question again.

Pride is neither understanding nor empathy.

3. Evan G Rogers profile image79
      Evan G Rogersposted 6 years agoin reply to this

... I feel sorry for every man you know.

5. Sally's Trove profile image86
    Sally's Troveposted 6 years ago

Oh, goody, this thread is in politics and social issues, not religion and beliefs.

Good for the federal judge.

Planned Parenthood provides information for individuals to make their own choices. This organization is not about abortion, it's about information and providing legal medical services.

Back in '79, when I suspected I was pregnant, I went right over to my local Planned Parenthood clinic and had a pregnancy test. This was long before you could buy a pregnancy test kit at a drugstore. (I think rabbits were still being sacrificed then.)

No medical forms, no questionnaires, no insurance provider crap, just a simple blood test in a respectful environment at a more than reasonable fee.

The only advice I walked out of there with was to see an OB/GYN as soon as possible.

If I had asked about abortion, Planned Parenthood would have given me the information I needed so that I could make an informed choice.

Hardly a viper wreathed in angelic robes.

Whether Planned Parenthood should as a matter of law receive public funding, I don't know because I'm not a legal expert. But if it should, then the right thing was done by the federal judge.

working