Obama 3 day tour

Jump to Last Post 1-2 of 2 discussions (30 posts)
  1. American View profile image60
    American Viewposted 13 years ago

Very fiscally responsible and is screwing the taxpayers. At taxpayers' expense, there has been 2 buses at 1.1 Million dollars apiece for this and a future tour. There are other costs like for security and more associated with these 3 days. Estimates run anywhere from $9 million to$ 15 million depending on who you want to believe. It is suppose to be a 3 day tour to push Obama job program. Well, What program? Is it a coincidence he is in Iowa right after the straw polls? Call it what it is CAMPAIGNING and it is being paid 100% by taxpayers

1. Quilligrapher profile image71
      Quilligrapherposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I apologize to you, AV, for repeating myself but today everybody who posts on this subject is going to get the same reply. Just color me lazy.

I am happy to read that you think the cost of President Obama’s little road trip is a bit steep.  But, I find it hard to believe anyone would consider this issue as anything other then petty and pathetic. When it comes to fiscal waste during this country’s struggle to control the national debt, why focus on such trivial nonsense when we have to contend with the following?

COST OF WAR AT LEAST $3.7 TRILLION AND COUNTING
      NEW YORK | Wed Jun 29, 2011 4:28pm EDT
      (Reuters) - When President Barack Obama cited cost as a reason to bring troops home from Afghanistan, he referred to a $1 trillion price tag for America's wars.
      Staggering as it is, that figure grossly underestimates the total cost of wars in Iraq, Afghanistan and Pakistan to the U.S. Treasury and ignores more imposing costs yet to come, according to a study released on Wednesday.
      The final bill will run at least $3.7 trillion and could reach as high as $4.4 trillion, according to the research project "Costs of War" by Brown University's Watson Institute for International Studies. (www.costsofwar.org)

See http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/06/ … 5320110629 to read the entire article.

There are watchdogs in Washington who get paid to identify legitimate government business from campaign expenses.  I’m content to let them do their jobs.  But in the world that I’m living in, our problems are ahellava lot bigger then $1.2 million. 
      Thanks for posting, AV, and have a great tomorrow.

American Viewposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Quill,

I understand what you are saying, but matbe you miss my point. He is sticking the American People a bill for a 3 day campaign tour when it should have been paid by his campaign committee. 2.2 Million for the buses, the tour group, Secret service. The 3 hotels that they paid for all the rooms  so that there would be noone there except Obama, so he could take an afternoon nap. A whole hotel for a few hours nap. Why not nap on the big time bus? That is a waste of money

How about all the Democrat Congressional aides sent to Hawaii fro 7 days all expenses paid by the taxpayers? that was last week. About 15 million in wastefull spending in 2 weeks. Like I said it all adds up

I find it Odd the so called Watchdogs in Washington can only find the war as a budget cut. Funny that in one of my other blogs I wrote about ways to make cuts and found 5.06 Trillion in cuts over 10 years, 2 billion of it was from reports from the CBO and the GAO. But nothing is being done. Obama knew about the report. Obama also paid several million for a study on  fixing the economy, making cuts, and making recomendations for the long forcast on the economy. When the report came out, Obama blew it off. Several more million in waste.

I also believe thinking like the cost of the tour is petty is why we are where we are, 10 mill here, 10 mill there and it all adds up. How about getting Charlie wrangle to pay back the 2 mill he  got that he gave to a school to name it after him. Now I am not against a school in his name, but let him pay for it himself.

Maybe I seem like I am ranting or I sound like everyone else that you had to respond the same to all of us, but where there is smoke.....

As always Quill, you do provke thought. I really do like your responses. Take care of yourself and look forward to hearing from you again soon

1. Quilligrapher profile image71
          Quilligrapherposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Well stated, AV.  I hope one day soon you post a rant in your blogs about why 3.7 Trillion taxpayer’s dollars are paying for two avoidable military incursions on foreign soil.
          Rest well, my friend.

I am not sure where, but believe I have mentioned the cost savings as we withdraw. I post on 3 sites and since we cannot self promote I cannot link to it but you may find it though. I know it has been talked about several times on the threads. I have spoke and agreed the wars have cost a lot more than money. While everyone points to "what a waste of money on the wars" I never hear the Dems say anything about the loss of our brave men and woman in our armed forces. To me, that is a priceless loss. They use the armed forces as props as in "we will not pay them" threats everytime there is a money issue. Even Clinton was smart enough to make sure during the 2 shutdowns on his watch to pay the military.

Now, on a personal level, as you know I was a firefighter, I do not have a problem going after the people who attacked us. I am truly sad on the total loss of our troops, but I believe we did the right thing. Now did we use the right strategy, thats another big issue. i believe we could have had a better execution of our actions so we could have gone in and got out much quicker than we have done.

http://911truthnews.com/iran-accused-of-role-in-911/
            http://www.9-11commission.gov/report/911Report_Ch10.htm

1. Moderndayslave profile image60
              Moderndayslaveposted 13 years agoin reply to this

So based on these links, you were against the war in Cuba-thanks for the history lesson, I never knew we had a WAR with Cuba, I always thought it was called the Cuban Missle Crisis not the Cuban war, silly me,

Based on 2 of the links, you believe we went to war with Iraq because the cold war was over, we were bored, and needed something to do. Here I thought it was because of the thousands killed on 911 including 343 of my brothers, not to mention the hundered who have died since, or why I almost died last December and now lay here in rehab with a trach in my throat. once more, silly me.

1. Moderndayslave profile image60
                  Moderndayslaveposted 13 years agoin reply to this

You know my position and the pretense we are over there ,don't spin it
                  The link you put up :http://911truthnews.com/iran-accused-of-role-in-911/
                  is now involving Iran? Oh puhleeese  . That is Israel's agenda. Terrorism is the perfect enemy,no face, no country it could be any one. You can drink the kool aide and live your life in fear, I'm not. Read up on False flag op's.
                  http://www.veteranstoday.com/2011/08/17 … operation/

First, I am the last person you can claim lives in fear. Did you know it is a fact people who look falsly at the truth or try to change it actually live in fear due to their denials? Hmmmm Wonder who that sounds like.
                    We all know you position, it changes everytime I show the last souce was a joke. Hey if you do not like being draged through the carpet, don't show links like we were in a war with Cuba, or using a far left conspiracy blog  like veterans today. So adding to your list is now its the Kennedy assasinations fault. Did you go to the Obama school of denial and blame everything else.
                    You know the real facts, so don't spin them. Time to take off the sun glasses and join the real world.

2. Ralph Deeds profile image65
                  Ralph Deedsposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Iraq had absolutely nothing to do with 911. Where did you get that idea?

3. profile image50
                  justcuriouserposted 13 years agoin reply to this

My sympathies for your trach, but don't stoop to using it as a way of trying to sway opinion through manipulation.
                  Iraq has to be the most moronic blunder in our countries history, with no justifiable basis, no connection to an unrelated attack on us, no WMD justification as Hans Blix was begging us to recognize as we dropped our bombs. Noone was more shocked or more in awe than the millions around the world whose jaws dropped at the unprevoked carnage we let loose through the Bush Doctrine that allowed us to attack another country without being attacked or under imminent threat.
                  Our shame is enormous.  Our crime is against all people, not just the people of Iraq.  We acted criminally to our own people, sacrificing our brave troops for nothing we can quantify, nothing we can articulate.
                  Perhaps that's why we talk about the money pi$$ed away instead of the lives.  It's too egregious to even talk about, too sad to contemplate.

Just,

My trach and near death were not mentioned with the intent to sway opinion. It was mentioned to address someone who believe this event did not happen. So if it never happened how did I get here? what happened to my 343 brothers or everyone else that perished on that day.

Opinions about the Iraqi war are strong on both sides. I will admit my biggest driver is revenge on a Personal level. SHame others do not admit that. But it is also a shame for those to hide their heads in the sand if iraq was involved. THeir is a lawsuit in NY currently, where there has been testimony and documentaion presented that clearly shows that Iraq was involved and partially funded it. I wonder why the Media is not reporting on this trial or what has come out so far? 

As for WMDs, we all know they had them. The question is did he have them at the time of the attack or did he move them with all the time the UN gave him with sanctions.  If he moved them, where are they? All good questions

Perhaps one day the truth will come out to answer all the questions.

2. Doug Hughes profile image61
        Doug Hughesposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Another "Lets bash Obama on a pretense issue" post.

Pathetic indeed, Q. As I recall, FDR undertook a national tour by train to communicate directly with voters at taxpayer expense. Other presidents of both parties have done the same. But ol' hound dawg doesn't think a colored president should do it.

Leave it to you to twist the facts, present them to fit your agenda and go on the attack. It is real old.

Hmmmm. Lets see, FDR took a train. Perhaps Air Force One DID NOT EXIST yet. In fact, that is the case but you knew that. But in FDRs day, he not only used the train to campaign, he used it to push for his legislative ideas. That was not what Obama was doing. In fact the reason for his bus tour was to talk about jobs, but all he has said about that was to announce he is going to announce in September his jobs proposal. But he is not short of rhetoric and blame, but nothing on jobs. Yea, we can all see the"pretense issue" here

So, how should a President of that time get out and spread the word. Well he could give interviews everyday on TV media cable news. Oh wait, their was no cable then. Not to mention TV itself was in its infancy, there were not many TVs in US houeholds yet. No Air Force One. so what was left? The Train.

By the way, since you wanted to go their as a way to try and insult me, my girlfriend is a woman of color. Not to mention you have no clue if I am a man of color. I will let you wonder on that  How pathetic you are to keep repeating the same insults and Dem talking points and make assumptions about a persons' color..

"Many famous leaders have depended on rail for their transportation. President Franklin D. Roosevelt was a leading example. As well as trips home to Hyde Park, NY and to the resort at Warm Springs, GA, he toured defense plants during World War II. He traveled on a special car built by the Association of American Railroads and sold to the White House for $1.00. It had two elevators to lift his wheelchair, an office, lounge, bedroom and galley. The floor was 12" reinforced concrete; the windows bulletproof, and the armor plated sides were designed to resist an artillery shell. There was even an escape hatch from a submarine in case the car was under water. Engineers said pulling it was like a fishing line with a lead sinker on the end."

http://www.kinglyheirs.com/NewYorkState … html#POTUS

1. Doug Hughes profile image61
            Doug Hughesposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I don't know if you are a bigot. I didn't call you one. But I have a problem with criticism leveled at this president for doing exactly what other presidents of both parties have done for 60 years or more. Bashers treat it like an outrage if Obama plays a round of golf or takes a vacation.

I have to wonder what's different about this president that disqualified him from what white presidents did without complaint.

Doug,

First, your inference about hound and colored people only leads to calling someone a bigot, hound is a referece to a red neck, and I do not have to explain the reference to colored. Now perhaps you did not know what they meant, but based on past post attacks to me and others, I find it hard to believe otherwise. Besides, this was far from the first time calling me a hound.  Pehaps a different responce other than "I did not know if you are a bigot" would have been more convincing.

Here is where you either have amnesia or do not remember what you read. I have said many times you only attack when it is a left issue, but I never hear from you when I call the right on the carpet, like i did on the recent debate. Or when I question some of Bushes policies, or when I trashed Ryan for his budget and Medicare proposal.

The thing that disqualifies Obama from being president is the fact he is cluless. Now some of it are his advisors. But Obama chose them, so he has no excuse. Even his economic team Bailed on him for not listening to their advise. There have been several reports on savings and cuts to the budget, including one form a panel he chose and cost several million, but he ignores them. He goes around claiming his plan saved the economy. Really? Does he not look at the economic reports like the ones that came out today? I am not against a President going on vacation, hell Bush owns that record. And it is true to a point the job does follow them. But I think it is safe to say the Reegan, Bush 1, Clinton, Bush2 did not take a vacation at a place that cost the taxpayers $56,000 per week. And that does not include all the security and all else that goes traveling with the President. Even you have to admit Bush only went to his Ranch in Texas, that did not cost $56,000 per week. Michelle Obama goes to Europe, and in another trip to Africa, all on taxpayers expense. A NYC diner date on the taxpayers. My point being, he is very wasteful with tax payer money. Why has he not addressed the Job problem before now, 2 1/2 years in office and he wants to wait till September to reveal a plan. Why wait? Now leaks from the Whitehouse say Obama wants another large stimulus package.That is his new plan.

I know you will not agree or see any of the waste, it is all the tea party according to you. But comeon, alot of this happened and thats why the tea party was formed. Did they paly a part in the Debt debate, they did. Blame them for that, they were at fault for some of their actions. But they are not responsible for everything. THere is plenty of blame to go around on both sides.

2. profile image50
    annan123456posted 13 years ago

hi

1. Paraglider profile image90
      Paragliderposted 13 years agoin reply to this

So happy to meet you, my friend.
      Your post is a masterful blend
      of subtle incision
      and witty precision,
      or maybe you're quite round the bend?

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)