jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (13 posts)

Missing Child in Indiana.

1. Wesman Todd Shaw profile image89
    Wesman Todd Shawposted 6 years ago

My daughter Meagan Viehman went missing around 4:30 pm on 8/29/11. She was last seen in Merrillville, IN wearing red Trix cereal pj pants, an orange tank top and has 2 hoodies with her. She's 15 yrs old, about 5'9", 120 lbs. PLEASE SHARE, esepecially those of you in Lake/Porter Co. Indiana. If you see her call 911 immediately with her location, she is in the national missing persons database. I believe she is in danger with a 25 yr old male. Police not helping much.
    http://s2.hubimg.com/u/5458877.jpg

Obviously -well maybe not, this isn't my daughter.

1. AEvans profile image66
      AEvansposted 6 years ago in reply to this

If she isn't your daughter, how is she related to you? I she is truly missing that is sad. It's a joke, not a good one. Because my nephew's friend is still missing here in Arizona and it has been a month.

Wesman Todd Shawposted 6 years ago in reply to this

You think I'd JOKE about a missing child?????  WTF?????

Got it off of facebook - I'm told the girl was found - later, of course.

Sorry. You didn't mention facebook. On the bottom it said Obviously, but please forgive since I was wrong.sad  It has been a long day and I am sincerely happy that she was found and is ok. smile

2. LuisEGonzalez profile image80
    LuisEGonzalezposted 6 years ago

OK Todd, I posted the message on Twitter and a couple of other sites..hope it helps!!!

3. Ralph Deeds profile image71
    Ralph Deedsposted 6 years ago

Very sorry to hear that, Wesman. Keep us posted.

4. JessicaB8 profile image56
    JessicaB8posted 6 years ago

I want to thank you for posting this and thank you for the thoughts and prayers.

AEvans, this was not a joke.  This post originated from my facebook page and Meagan is my daughter.  She was thankfully returned home safely yesterday afternoon.  I had no idea that my post would turn "viral" and reach so many so fast and while it's proving very difficult to update everyone, everywhere - it was thanks to facebook that a friend of hers felt pressured enough to turn her in.

I would like to ask please that the original poster please remove my daughters name and photo for her safety.  I really do appreciate the helpfullness of this post, but in my panic while she was missing I didn't take into consideration the information strangers could gather from us (including my home phone and address).

That's YOUR daughter?????

Yeah - I definitely got it off of Facebook, and just figured I'd put it here.

I did hear that this child was found, etc later on during the day.  I can delete a forum thread????  If so, then I do not know how.

1. JessicaB8 profile image56
        JessicaB8posted 6 years ago in reply to this

Yes Wesman this is my daughter.  When I posted to my facebook page yesterday morning my goal was to get my local friends and their local friends to spread the word in the area in hopes that someone would see her.  It worked, but I had no idea how widespread this would get.   When I started getting phone calls to my home phone yesterday asking me if this was a hoax I realized how much I had put my family at risk by posting not only my full name (since it shows up as the author of my facebook page) but also my daughters full name.   I guess when you are so scared for someone you love so much, it's easy to think about all that before hand.  This is my first time on this forum, I did a search for my daughters name on Google to try and update anywhere it might be posted and that's how I came across this post.  Most forums though allow you do edit and/or delete a post.

I am glad she was found. I apologize if I believe it could have been possibly a joke and also apologized to Westman. He didn't mention FB. Thank God he posted her on HP and this was a very happy ending. smile

2. Wesman Todd Shaw profile image89

Hey, you can send an e mail to team@hubpages.com and ask them to take it down.  I don't know of any other way to make a forum thread here go away.

5. LuisEGonzalez profile image80

Very happy to know that your daughter is safe... don't know what I would do if it happened to one of my children, but very glad everything is OK...smile

1. chi-wholesaler profile image58
      chi-wholesalerposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Deleted

2. LuisEGonzalez profile image80

chi-wholesaler: Yes go ahead...cool

working