If George W Bush could run for office again, would you vote for him?

Jump to Last Post 51-61 of 61 discussions (368 posts)
  1. daskittlez69 profile image76
    daskittlez69posted 12 years ago

Clinton said yesterday that there's a "below zero" chance that she will challenge Obama.

1. Mighty Mom profile image78
      Mighty Momposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I sometimes wonder if he's thinking of her as his VEEP this time around.
      She's clearly burnt out from running all over the world.
      Guess we'll see when we see.

2. fratjoe18 profile image59
    fratjoe18posted 12 years ago

George Bush is a true believer on war and crime. All the debt he put us in, if he was reelected our country would seize to exist. The problem with people is that they believe everything a politician says before election,When Obama was elected his famous speech of Yes we can turned into congress told me no every time he has a speech. It's hard for one man to control a country that is hard on poverty, drugs, and crime. that's why Obama is trying to get us involved. Everyone wants to complain about the country's weaknesses but no one wants to do anything about it. We all need to come together and fight for this country as one.

1. uncorrectedvision profile image60
      uncorrectedvisionposted 12 years agoin reply to this

You do realize that Barrack Obama has over spent in three years what it took eight years for GWB to over spend.  That must be reassuring.

1. Jeff Berndt profile image74
        Jeff Berndtposted 12 years agoin reply to this

But W overspent on stuff that goes boom; his spending wasn't much of an investment. Also, a lot of the spending under Obama is due to stuff that was put into place under W. Call it making excuses if you like; it doesn't change the fact that you're blaming Obama for stuff that happened before he was President.

Deficit Spending to blow foreign people up? No big deal.
        Deficit spending to repair and upgrade domestic infrastructure, ensure everyone has access to healthcare, and educate our children? Cause for shrill, hysterical protest.
        Priorities? Priceless.

1. Castlepaloma profile image75
          Castlepalomaposted 12 years agoin reply to this

agree

I least Obama admit he has been a puppet, from the top/down and ask the people to change it from the bottom/up

2. uncorrectedvision profile image60

The last Bush deficit was $400 billion, that is $1.2 trillion less than BHO's lowest budget deficit.  The massive spending on infrastructure?  How many jobs did the Recovery Act produce?  How many durable jobs?  Didn't it create a lot of census taker jobs that last a few months?  Weren't we told that infrastructure repair was coming from that $870 billion sop to the unions?

GWB was far from a saint and history will place him in the ranks of the presidents but, please, BHO has done more to stall this economy than any other president including Jimmy Carter and FDR.

3. aware profile image69
    awareposted 12 years ago

Leading aint easy . try it.   lets see your approval ratings.
    lol im teaseing
    ray

4. MelissaBarrett profile image59
    MelissaBarrettposted 12 years ago

You know, contrary to my liberal beliefs I can't help but like Palin on a personal level.  She actually seems to be someone I'd like to sit and have a cup of coffee with.  The only reason I would consider not running like hell to Canada were she elected (which ain't gonna ever happen) would be that she might do something to improve the situation of disabled children in the school system.  Unfortunately, it would probably be arming them.  I don't really think she is stupid, but I believe she is flighty.  The last thing that America needs is a flighty woman running the show.

Bachmann is not flighty in the least, she's flat out stupid.  Glenn Beck can handle all of our budgeting needs!  She'll spend all her time destroying our environment and stomping out homosexuality.  Oh yes, and keeping vegetive patients alive against their family's will, sending all our women to back alley abortionists and respecting the value of life while also handing out guns randomly and supporting the death penalty.

And there it is - because she hold views different than yours she is stupid.  Awesome, very ethnocentric of you.  Michelle Bachmann has a post graduate degree in tax law from William and Mary.  She must be smart about something.  But that is the template isn't it, Conservatives are evil and stupid.  Liberals are smart and compassionate.  Liberals object to the "black and white" perception of reality unless, of course, it is their "black and white."

1. MelissaBarrett profile image59
        MelissaBarrettposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Actually, if I was ethnocentric I would vote for her.  She is a white woman from the United States.

And I'm sure she knows quite a bit about tax law.  Good for her. 

However statements like "Carbon dioxide is portrayed as harmful. But there isn't even one study that can be produced that shows that carbon dioxide is a harmful gas." make me think that she might be lacking in the "core knowledge" department.

And not all conservatives are evil and stupid.  Bachmann is just stupid.  Limbaugh is just evil.  I know quite a few conservatives that are neither.  Unfortunately they aren't running for president.

And I'm all about the grey...  send me a candidate that ISN'T black or white.  That realizes that there is something between the two polar opposites and I will most likely be inclined to vote for them.

2. profile image0
        PrettyPantherposted 12 years agoin reply to this

No, she said Bachmann is stupid and Limbaugh is evil.  Or, are you responding to some invisible liberal poster that only you can see?  big_smile

2. Mighty Mom profile image78

Interesting perspective, Melissa.
      I don't think either Palin or Bachmann is stupid.
      Misguided, yes.
      Willfully ignorant of the facts, yes.
      Novelty candidates (or non-candidates, in Palin's case now).

I don't see either one of them in the role of POTUS.
      However....
      It's beyond high time for the USA to have a woman president. We are so friggin' backward.
      As it is, there's too many people who simply cannot tolerate having a Black (or even half-Black) president.
      After this "grand experiment" in "alternative leaders" we'll probably have to revert back to at least 3 more terms of white males before America could even contemplate trying something new again.
      As a nation we're regressing, not moving forward. roll

Oh I agree that it is time for a woman president, but if you put any woman who cannot be respected by other world leaders or half of the American population in there, its going to regress us even further.  A conservative Christian woman trying to face down the "infidels" better be so damn intelligent, self assured and charismatic that she can "shock and awe".  Bachmann doesn't have it.  Palin MIGHT have, if she didn't have that "teeheehee... oopsie" thing that made her so non-threatening to the conservative Christian males in the first place.

The same goes with Congress. 

Other than that, I completely disagree with them on pretty much every opinion they have.  I could possibly overlook that for an iota of a flicker of the potential for strong leadership.  Ain't happening with them though.  Whether stupid or just ignorant, I question their functional intelligence.  I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one.

You put a woman like that into the white house and I promise you there will not be another for decades... It's not worth it.

1. Kathleen Cochran profile image78
          Kathleen Cochranposted 12 years agoin reply to this

We've had two presidential candidates no one could call stupid by any stretch of the imagination: Hillary Clinton and Elizabeth Dole.  They were both undermined by their husbands who saw their wives' campaigns as a chance to put themselves back in the spotlight.  Elizabeth Dole slipped into oblivion.  Hillary was absolutely hated when she ran- intelligent or not.  She's proven to be an excellent secretary of state, as was the very intelligent woman before her, Secretary Rice.  Rice was in the wrong camp, but nobody ever called her stupid.  There are plenty of good female candidates.  They just aren't coming to the forefront and won't as long as the Palins and Bachman's do.

And let's not forget Hill's buddy Madeline Allbright!!
            Another fabulous SOS.
            Agree on Rice. It's a shame her name will forever be linked with Bush/Cheney.

Madeline Allbright!!
              cleared the deck for the problems we are now facing with North Korea - awesome.

North Korea is our ally!
                Just ask Sarah Palin!!

+1

2. daskittlez69 profile image76
                  daskittlez69posted 12 years agoin reply to this

Nice MM

3. uncorrectedvision profile image60

Oh, I thought it was the 57th state, just ask Barry.

+1 UCV!

2. profile image0
            Brenda Durhamposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Bachmann's not only smart, she's strong and focused.
            Why do people bash her?

1. profile image0
              Longhunterposted 12 years agoin reply to this

For one, she's a Conservative woman, not one of theirs.

Second, she's a lot like Palin and that's all some need to know to bash her.

Third, she's Tea Party Conservative. That brings out the fangs and claws of the Democratically solely-owned liberal media.

Just my opinion.

1. profile image0

I think you're right!

2. profile image0

Fourth through Tenth:

"Carbon dioxide is portrayed as harmful. But there isn't even one study that can be produced that shows that carbon dioxide is a harmful gas." -Rep. Michelle Bachmann, April, 2009

"But we also know that the very founders that wrote those documents worked tirelessly until slavery was no more in the United States. ... I think it is high time that we recognize the contribution of our forbearers who worked tirelessly -- men like John Quincy Adams, who would not rest until slavery was extinguished in the country." -Rep. Michele Bachmann, botching American history while speaking at an Iowan's for Tax Relief event in January 2011. The Founding Fathers did not work to end slavery, and John Quincy Adams was not one of the Founding Fathers.

"I find it interesting that it was back in the 1970s that the swine flu broke out under another, then under another Democrat president, Jimmy Carter. I'm not blaming this on President Obama, I just think it's an interesting coincidence." -Rep. Michele Bachmann, on the 1976 Swine Flu outbreak that happened when Gerald Ford, a Republican, was president, April 28, 2009

"There are hundreds and hundreds of scientists, many of them holding Nobel Prizes, who believe in intelligent design." -Rep. Michele Bachmann, Oct. 2006

"Why should I go and do something like that? But the Lord says, 'Be submissive wives; you are to be submissive to your husbands." -Rep. Michele Bachmann, recalling in a 2006 speech at a Megachurch in Minneapolis that pursuing tax law wasn't her choice, but she did so at the urging of her husband because she was certain God was speaking through him

"Well what I want them to know is just like, John Wayne was from Waterloo, Iowa. That's the kind of spirit that I have, too" -Rep. Michele Bachmann, getting her John Waynes mixed up during an interview after launching her presidential campaign in Waterloo, Iowa, where she grew up. The beloved movie star John Wayne was born in Winterset, Iowa, three hours away. The John Wayne that Waterloo was home to is John Wayne Gacy, a notorious serial killer. (June 2011)

"If we took away the minimum wage -- if conceivably it was gone -- we could potentially virtually wipe out unemployment completely because we would be able to offer jobs at whatever level." Michele Bachmann, Jan. 2005

Admittedly, taken individually, these quotes don't make a lot of sense. But if you follow her logic (*gasp*) they start to come into focus nicely.

For example:

JQ Adams did hang around with the founding fathers.
                  I mean, his dad was one. And he went over on the boat with him to France where he got to watch Benny Franklin in action. Tommy J was his dad's best friend (possibly even his godfather -- I'd have to look that up -- or maybe I could just MAKE IT UP lol)

Not only that, but we cannot prove that the FFs were not spinning in their graves for almost a century, unable to enter into eternal REST until slavery was extinguished.

It's no doubt true that there isn't even one study that can be produced that disproves this. However, I bet if I contacted one of those hundreds and hundreds of Nobel Prize scientists, they might be willing to undertake the challenge. I could offer him/her the job at "whatever level."

Whaddya think, PP? smile

1. profile image0
                    Longhunterposted 12 years agoin reply to this

You might want to seek the help of someone other than Nobel Prize-winning scientists. Since people like Arafat (1994), Carter (2002), Gore (2007), and Obama (2009) got one, they don't count for much except nice paper weights.

Just sayin'.

2. profile image0

Your BachmannLogic is exceptional!  Now, all you need is permission from your husband to exercise it.  That is, if God decides to command it by speaking through him.

2. uncorrectedvision profile image60

Benjamin Franklin - Founding Father - established the earliest abolitionist society in America
                  George Washington - Founding Father - used the manumission laws of New York state to free the slaves he left behind when the capital moved to D.C.

and here is a good little bit of history for you including all those Founding Fathers still in Congress and one that was President.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Act_Prohib … _of_Slaves

5. profile image0
    PrettyPantherposted 12 years ago

What is hilarious is your ignorance, stated so unequivocally and without a single bit of humility, about what liberals believe, what liberals do, what liberals fear, ad nauseum.  Practically every post you write is full of your supposed in-depth knowledge of "liberals."  And you are so utterly wrong that we can only laugh!

As for the media and Palin, the U.S. media is a joke.  They run around like puppies looking for the latest cat to chase. 

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-GAQU4zvdWmQ/TeYyvtWE1mI/AAAAAAAAL2Q/Yk6wNlT9pV8/s1600/Political%2BCartoons%2Bby%2BLisa%2BBenson.jpeg

And don't bother replying that the media is "liberal."  The only media to employ her in a serious capacity is Fox News.

http://0.tqn.com/d/politicalhumor/1/0/a/8/3/palin-job-interview-sm.jpg

6. profile image0
    allchatposted 12 years ago

And obama for putting the lid on the coffin!

7. suzettenaples profile image88
    suzettenaplesposted 12 years ago

No!  I believe W's policies were the root cause of everything we are going through today.  The wars, the economy, jobs, deficit - all originally began in  his presidency.  Even the first bailout we had actually was formed by W and Paulson - that's during W's presidency.  So, no, I could not in good conscious ever vote for him.

8. daskittlez69 profile image76
    daskittlez69posted 12 years ago

Did you celebrate Elvis' birthday as well Brenda?  Or do you want to have the spirit of a serial killer, John Wayne Gacy?

1. profile image0

No and no.

And...huh?  What do you mean?

9. profile image0
    Brenda Durhamposted 12 years ago

Oh never mind.  I looked that up online.  So...Bachmann makes some mistakes in speaking. That's not unusual for anyone, Left or Right or whatever. 
    It's the gaffes that aren't really gaffes that I'm worried about.   Like when Obama seemed to not know the difference between Muslim and Christian,  or how many States are in the Union..

10. d-richie93 profile image52
    d-richie93posted 12 years ago

hell no! in his favor he has done some level of good to America. But I think he has done enough damage.

11. freesale profile image36
    freesaleposted 12 years ago

Isn't the economy in shambles enough already?

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)