jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (7 posts)

9-11 is Changing America forever

1. SparklingJewel profile image63
    SparklingJewelposted 6 years ago

here is just one example of how 9-11 is changing America and faith.
    Somewhere among all the different perspectives I have been reading since then, there are common grounds emerging and love and understanding taking deep root bringing about a change that is not going away,, and shouldn't, but should only become stronger and more understandable to all faiths and peoples

http://religion.blogs.cnn.com/2011/09/0 … ?hpt=hp_c1

2. knolyourself profile image60
    knolyourselfposted 6 years ago

9/11 week is going to be one long odious PR campaign for the national security state.

3. SparklingJewel profile image63

depending on how they spin it, it could be a good or a bad thing hmm

I think many of the things we have learned, nationally and individually should be espoused, but unlike this article I do not believe we are or should be shying away from the concepts of America being the "shining city on the hill"...it is the  people that are to let their lights shine as Americans, no matter where they came from.
    And I will go one step further, the concepts of an American letting their light shine can and should be for all people everywhere that have that light and that desire to shine in goodness smile

1. recommend1 profile image64
      recommend1posted 6 years ago in reply to this

It would be nice if that were remotely true, however, the undeniably tragedy of the 9/11 event pales into insignificance when placed against the death and destruction at the hands of the US - from Vietnam to Iraq and Libya.  If it is possible to imagine the shock and horror of the 9/11 event multiplied a few hundred times then the real world situation can be grasped.

1. Ron Montgomery profile image58
        Ron Montgomeryposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Not to mention Hiroshima and Nagasaki.  The light resulting from history's only nuclear terrorist attacks has left some interesting shadows.

4. knolyourself profile image60
    knolyourselfposted 6 years ago
  5. SparklingJewel profile image63

here again, guys, its not just the what has been done, but by whom...we're talking about the conceptual vision of a nation of souls and their potential, not the acts of the few that make us all look bad only in the eyes of the beholder..it is our individual attitudes, works and vision that can bring forth goodness...or badness, it is a choice of free will

working