jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (11 posts)

Well, I'll be!

1. lovemychris profile image79
    lovemychrisposted 6 years ago

September 06, 2011 10:00 AM
    As States Privatize Medicaid, More Money For Corporations and Less Money For Patient Care

http://crooksandliars.com/susie-madrak/ … ore-money-

1. Moderndayslave profile image60
      Moderndayslaveposted 6 years agoin reply to this

This is a no-brainer,,,that's why people with no brains like it

2. Repairguy47 profile image60
    Repairguy47posted 6 years ago

I think I will wait and make a judgment when a credible news site reports on this. Crooks and liars, what a load of BS they spew.

http://www.redstate.com/markmeed/2011/0 … have-cash/

1. Moderndayslave profile image60
      Moderndayslaveposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Privatization and Profit are the same thing it doesn't matter who comments about it.As far as the Red State link,,,Your kidding right?

1. Repairguy47 profile image60
        Repairguy47posted 6 years agoin reply to this

Kidding? No, crooks and liars reported that republicans wanted to make a law that poor people couldn't have money. It was bogus, so I will reserve judgment until such time a real news source reports. And it doesn't matter who comments on crooks and liars lying, they still lied.

3. Hugh Williamson profile image87
    Hugh Williamsonposted 6 years ago

Privatization, thus far, has been a license to reward political insiders with kickbacks, jobs and big campaign donations. It's just been used for another way to shear the sheep.

For privatization to have a chance to work, we need constitutional amendments to get the money out of the political system. Control of lobbying and severe curbs on donations will help take the profit motive out of political office.

Then, privatization could be tried for some governmental functions and be honestly evaluated.

With honest leaders, who knows what else may be possible.

lovemychrisposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Public/Private partnerships...Obama is all for it, much to the adverse of the smear-campaign against him that he is anti-business.

http://www.informationweek.com/news/glo … /229400837

1. Hugh Williamson profile image87
        Hugh Williamsonposted 6 years agoin reply to this

I think we agree. We should do more, not less, governmental fostered projects to test new technologies and aid in research. Other countries that do this are replacing us in many areas of manufacture -- with their government's help.

My point is that money has too much influence and control over our elected reps. for us to trust them to honestly privatize such things as prisons, schools or police.

lovemychrisposted 6 years agoin reply to this

No doubt.
          Where did our values go?

Anytime money is the only motivating factor, we are screwed.
          And I don't think it is with Obama....I just don't.

Or plenty of those gvrs and mayors he met with at the beginning of his presidency...those people were excited! Amped up!

Then came the gd Brainwashing Brigade lined with pockets of gold, and it was destroyed.

What a blasted shame.

4. Hugh Williamson profile image87
    Hugh Williamsonposted 6 years ago

I don't think our values have gone anywhere but I do think we've become lax in our duties as citizens.

Gov't won't fix itself, no matter who is pres. We have the power to run the country through the ballot box, if we choose to do so. We can be the agents of change.

5. lovemychris profile image79
    lovemychrisposted 6 years ago

We need to get rid of money, that's what.

Blasted filthy lucre.

working