jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (7 posts)

I thought president Obama did well and for once I'm on his side.

1. cmlindblom profile image78
    cmlindblomposted 6 years ago

Listening to his speech I honestly thought he actually cares. If what he says goes into affect I think it will actually be positive on the economy and do some good for the job opportunities. I relate specificaly because I'm about to get out of the military with a wife and child and I'm nervous about what I will be able to do. Hopegully this act passes and some more jobs start to open up for veterans. What do you think?

1. Repairguy47 profile image59
      Repairguy47posted 6 years ago in reply to this

Thank you for your service and stay in the military.

2. mallen1227 profile image62
      mallen1227posted 6 years ago in reply to this

Thank you for your service.

2. cmlindblom profile image78
    cmlindblomposted 6 years ago

Don't mention it and I can't force myself to stay in. 5 years in the in the marine infantry is enough. Time for me to move on and try to do something else.

3. lovemychris profile image80
    lovemychrisposted 6 years ago

He does care . About you especially. The whole thrust of his administration has been veterans. Coming home, being supported.
    Mrs. Obama and Mrs. Biden have made a mission of it.
    And appointing Shenseki, after the shabby way he was treated by Rumsfeld was a great, patriotic move.

4. habee profile image90
    habeeposted 6 years ago

I thought Obama's speech was good, and I think he was sincere. I hope his plan works, but as always, the devil's in the details.

1. earnestshub profile image87
      earnestshubposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I have not heard it all yet, just radio sound bites, but I do hope this works.
      I like what has been said here about President Obama looking after vets too. smile

working