jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (17 posts)

Animal Abuse Equals Death Sentence?

1. Cagsil profile image61
    Cagsilposted 5 years ago

Hey everyone,

Weigh in?

Do you think that Animal abuse warrants the Death penalty?

I only ask because of a picture that was posted on Facebook suggested that Animal Abuse should bring about the death penalty to it's owners.

I asked if they were serious? And then the onslaught of back and forth with someone whom I've never met.

But, seriously.....do people really think the death penalty is an acceptable sentence for animal abuse?

It's absurd to use the death penalty sentence in such a way.

1. Pollyannalana profile image80
      Pollyannalanaposted 5 years agoin reply to this

They don't usually give the death penalty for killing humans, definitely not for abuse of humans. If rape of children doesn't rank above animal abuse then I don't know.

Cagsilposted 5 years agoin reply to this

The person I was discussing the picture with said it should be that way. She was adamant about it. She figures it's okay to use the death penalty on those who abuse animals. I couldn't believe I was having that conversation.

1. Rafini profile image87
          Rafiniposted 5 years agoin reply to this

gotta learn to recognize the extremist in order to avoid pointless conversations
          big_smile lol big_smile

2. brittanytodd profile image91
        brittanytoddposted 5 years agoin reply to this

I agree with Polly.  That's just crazy.

2. emrldphx profile image61
      emrldphxposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Eye for an eye, a tooth for a tooth. Run a puppy mill with 10 'female dogs' for a year, you get 10 years living in a cage.

Shoot a dog for fun, you get shot for fun.

That oughta set 'em straight

2. SomewayOuttaHere profile image60
    SomewayOuttaHereposted 5 years ago

no..

3. Rafini profile image87
    Rafiniposted 5 years ago

I think it's too fine a line to judge. 
    Example:  Jeffrey Dahmer abused animals, but who knew he'd end up doing what he did?

4. paradigmsearch profile image86
    paradigmsearchposted 5 years ago

http://pets.iloveindia.com/dogs/pics/dog-clothes.jpg
    The owner of this dog should be shot immediately. big_smile

Cagsilposted 5 years agoin reply to this

roll

5. paradigmsearch profile image86
    paradigmsearchposted 5 years ago

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_L9NOf-r4F1E/S-mYied29fI/AAAAAAAABqM/AA79No7ojsM/s1600/Dog+clothes.jpg
    And this one.big_smile

6. habee profile image91
    habeeposted 5 years ago

I don't agree with the death penalty...period. I do believe that animal abusers should get more than a slap on the wrist, however.

1. Paul Wingert profile image80
      Paul Wingertposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Totally agree!

1. ShawnB2011 profile image60
        ShawnB2011posted 5 years agoin reply to this

Not the death penalty but harsher laws regarding it should definitely be put into place. Kinda like emrldphnx's idea too though.

1. emrldphx profile image61

I was exaggerating a little bit, but I do think people who act like that deserve more harsh punishments. I went to a shooting range in the hills and saw a dog, with a collar, on the ground full of bullets. People like don't belong in a civilized society.

7. TheMagician profile image92
    TheMagicianposted 5 years ago

Nothing should bring about the death penalty -- nobody should have the right to take another persons life, even for vengeance, especially by governments standards. Otherwise, I def. think that there should be stricter laws for owners who abuse their animals.

1. emrldphx profile image61

I have to disagree. I think there are crimes that are so heinous that a person should be put to death. Otherwise, they live off of the expense of the people who obey the law.

You have to realize, someone who chops up a baby shouldn't have the right to live at the expense of law-abiding citizens.

My personal feelings are pretty strong when children are concerned. We have over 2 million prisoners in the U.S. that citizens have to pay for.

working