jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (6 posts)

Should ex-spouses or partners be invited to funerals or weddings

1. profile image0
    matama ellieposted 5 years ago

Is it appropriate to carry baggage from the past?

1. SomewayOuttaHere profile image60
      SomewayOuttaHereposted 5 years ago in reply to this

...depends on how many xs there are? tongue....of course the ex spouse should be invited to a funeral or wedding - why not?

..the last funeral i was at...my father-in-law, the big idjut....of course had his current wife and ex ...the mother of his children...but then the idjut also invited another ex wife and 2 old girlfriends....talk about confusing for the grandkids!....and fun laughs for the rest of us to observe the interaction...he's a big ass**le tho!....i felt bad for his current wife and ex (mother of his children)....hmmmm....wonder what his funeral will be like...should be fun!...cuz there are more women in the background! lol

1. profile image0
        matama ellieposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I guess it true.Everything is entirely dependent on how many exes are there.

2. NatalieSack profile image61
      NatalieSackposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Except for celebrities, no one is ever formally invited to a funeral.  Obituaries function as open invitations, in a way.  So maybe the question is, "Should certain people be barred from attending funerals?"

If you fear someone causing a scene at a viewing, I would ask a good friend to stand outside and, with civility, turn away the person who is not welcome, at the request of the family, with a suggestion they pay their respects in a sympathy card mailed to the funeral home.

3. couturepopcafe profile image60
      couturepopcafeposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I don't understand and had never heard of this idea of having to be invited to a funeral before this Whitney/Brown thing.

If someone is so inclined to attend a funeral, unless they're there to cause a scene, let them be.

2. Evan G Rogers profile image78
    Evan G Rogersposted 5 years ago

... this is entirely dependent upon if they receive the invitation.

A one size fits all approach is hopeless.

working