The Real Road We've Traveled

Jump to Last Post 1-6 of 6 discussions (23 posts)
  1. innersmiff profile image67
    innersmiffposted 12 years ago

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xcVH_nLI … ture=share

[Disclaimer: I do not in any way support GBTV, but I am prepared to 'take what resonates and leave the rest' to fight Obama's propaganda campaign]

In what manner is a President a good one if he enables the biggest and longest period of unemployment since the great depression?

On what basis should a President be considered moral if he signs a bill which effectively destroys due process, allowing the assassination of citizens?

Why is it that a President can stay in power despite violating key promises, when in any other mutual contract, he would be fired?

How is it that someone can be become President who has not provided proof of his nationality and citizenship?

How is it that that President has not been impeached for violating that country's constitution on a number of occasions?

How is it that millions of people can support a man who is responsible for millions of deaths on foreign lands?

There are too many questions, and not enough answers to vote for this man. If you had taken 2 minutes of open-minded research you would gasp at the level of corruption in the Obama administration. The fact is that Obama is as much of a Wall Street puppet as Romney and Santorum are.

2. John Holden profile image61
    John Holdenposted 12 years ago

Ah innersmiff, what a good American you are!

innersmiffposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Excuse me for wanting to influence American voters - there seems to be a very important election coming up if you didn't notice. You know, one that elects 'the leader of the free world'?

1. John Holden profile image61
        John Holdenposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Leader of the free world! He's not even leader of a free America!

Good point, but I did put it in quotations tongue

3. Hollie Thomas profile image61
    Hollie Thomasposted 12 years ago

Travel back a little further, Innersmith. Then ask the same questions.

Bush can't be re-elected, though I agree.

2. Evan G Rogers profile image61
      Evan G Rogersposted 12 years agoin reply to this

The argument "well, he did it first" is a poor and empty argument.

4. lovemychris profile image80
    lovemychrisposted 12 years ago

Anytime I hear Real from an anti-Obama person: I shut off.

I know it's 100% different than my Real. Our truths don't mesh.

My gurl Rosanne is mounting a big fear push now too. Citing Alex Jones......

You all are too late for that stuff! You have to dig deeper, and See beyond  the old paradigm.

>The silence between the notes!< As my philosophy teacher used to say.

1. Hollie Thomas profile image61
      Hollie Thomasposted 12 years agoin reply to this

+1.

Sometimes the clues lie in what is not said, but is suggested.

2. innersmiff profile image67

On the other hand, you could debate points presented.

1. Evan G Rogers profile image61
        Evan G Rogersposted 12 years agoin reply to this

what's a "real"?

5. lovemychris profile image80
    lovemychrisposted 12 years ago

"This could be a good time!

There is a river flowing now very fast. It is so great and swift that there are those who will be afraid. They will try to hold on to the shore. They will feel they are being torn apart, and they will suffer greatly.

Know the river has its destination. The elders say we must let go of the shore, push off into the middle of the river, keep our eyes open, and our heads above the water. See who is in there with you and celebrate."

--The Elders Oraibi
    Arizona Hopi Nation

Join the New World Order or get swept aside? No thanks, I like my liberty!

1. lovemychris profile image80
        lovemychrisposted 12 years agoin reply to this

You have bought the right-wing--hook, line and sinker.

Actually there's an extremely strong left-wing contingent who are waking up to this as well.

Left wing woke up with Bush and were told to support the president in a time of war, Democrats gave Bush the power to invade Iraq, and 9/11 could not be an inside job in a million years.

Forgive me if I give the right no credibilty now, and if don't believe, like some on the left-- that Obama is just like Bush.

Too much info and disinfo and lies and distortions and just plain racist crap.

"We are the ones we've been waiting for", tells me all I need to know.

Are you referring to the GBTV bit at the end? Yeah, that's dumb, but you have to take the information as it comes, no matter where it comes from. I don't give the mainstream left or right any credibility. The right does get ridiculous, but not all of their issues with Obama is misplaced. It's not racist to criticise Obama, it's just common sense. The left are often completely at sea when it comes to politics and economics, but are generally excellent at exposing corporate corruption. There are good and bad things to take from both sides, but on the whole we need to get out of this stupid paradigm because it means nothing - Obama is Bush 2.0, 9/11 was an inside job and both parties are doing their absolute hardest to destroy the basic rights of every human being. It's time to let go of whatever ideal you were looking for from Obama in 08 LMC! Everything will be fine but you need to let go!

You'll just have to accept that I don't think like you. Sorry--that's the way it is.

Well I've learned not to write anyone off - I kinda liked Obama back in the day.

Very crazy times we are living in!

2. Eric Newland profile image59
                    Eric Newlandposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Oh hell. If Obama ran the country one-tenth as good as he gave speeches or campaigned I'd be wetting my pants with unbridled ecstasy. I was actually kind of excited when he got elected.

...And then my life became more difficult in tangible financial ways, and I could draw direct cause-and-effect lines between Washington and my troubles. Both sides of Washington to a certain extent, but a lot more threads run to donkeys than elephants. I've been burned. Never again.

6. DAWNEMARS profile image61
    DAWNEMARSposted 12 years ago

This is exciting(used to live in UK)

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)