jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (15 posts)

Presidential Confusion.........

1. ahorseback profile image48
    ahorsebackposted 5 years ago

President Obama said yesterday that "the private sector in America is doing just fine "........Can anyone explain that ! Without poor excuses that is ?

1. habee profile image89
      habeeposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I think the prez backtracked on that statement. I think he meant to say that the private sector is doing better than the public sector.

1. American View profile image53
        American Viewposted 5 years ago in reply to this

He did go out and backtrack later, according to John King on CNN he was told to go out and retract his statement by his campaign people. I cannot verify that's what really happened,  but that's what John King said when he reported the story

2. Josak profile image60
      Josakposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Well let's see, Corporate profits are up, the private sector is employing progressively more people. The private sector is doing fine. Not great just fine.

2. PrettyPanther profile image84
    PrettyPantherposted 5 years ago

LOL, Bill Maher predicted this would be a right-wing talking point today.  You just proved him right.

1. habee profile image89
      habeeposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Of course! Just like the left pounced on McCain's similar comment. You don't need to be a genius like Maher to have predicted this. lol

1. PrettyPanther profile image84
        PrettyPantherposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Agreed!

3. ahorseback profile image48

Bill Mayer! Well if there's one thing thats important to me is proving a comedian right!  Right ! Pres. Obama s' a pretty funny guy too! But I wish he were a real leader.

1. Paul Wingert profile image78
      Paul Wingertposted 5 years ago in reply to this

You mean like Bush? He was hilarious! But not on purpose.

2. Randy Godwin profile image93
      Randy Godwinposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Wow!  If we only had Sarah now to fix things up for us. And with the stress of the job, she would probably have her finger on the nuclear button by now.  But I suppose those who supported her would be happy, right?  lol

http://s1.hubimg.com/u/6186572.jpg

4. paradigmsearch profile image85
    paradigmsearchposted 5 years ago

This article should perk folks up...

"U.S. debt load falling at fastest pace since 1950s
    Commentary: Despite surge in federal deficit, America is de-leveraging"

"Everyone knows America has too much debt. What they don’t know is that things are getting better, not worse."

"Little by little, our economy is reducing its debt burden, slowly repairing the damage caused by 10, 20 or 30 years of excess."

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/us-deb … 2012-06-08

1. lovemychris profile image80
      lovemychrisposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Ooops--good news. That's bad for Republicans.....let's see: how can they make it worse?? Got to keep it bad until the election!

5. Dr Billy Kidd profile image90
    Dr Billy Kiddposted 5 years ago

I saw the speech and it made perfect sense. The economy is rough and we need to add more jobs. The priivate sector is doing good compared to the government sector which lost 200,000 worker in the last 3 years (while the private sector added 4.5 million jobs). I see nothing wrong with federal funds going to keep fire people, police, and teachers on the job. Fox and Romney played a game with it. But it's purely blowhard nonsense.

1. American View profile image53
      American Viewposted 5 years ago in reply to this

An interesting statistic when they say the private sector added 4.5 million jobs, like the thousand jobs at Solyndra that no longer exist, like the 45,000 new jobs they say the automotive industry created but actually was that they did not layoffs those 45,000. Imagine that, a new job because he didn't get laid off, Obamanomics in action.

By the way if you fall for that line of 27 months in a row of new job creations, go back to July and August of last year, one month at zero creation, the other one was -56,000. So much for that 27 months in a row.

6. ahorseback profile image48

Okay soooo, let's do it this way ! Tell us all, and list something [anything] positive that Pres. O has done and accomplished in the last  4 years. Tell us why  we should vote for him! And the accomplishments have to be his ! Not something started by Bush!

working