jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (15 posts)

Is Congress doing their job?

1. profile image0
    screamingposted 5 years ago

Is Congress intentionally in session for ridiculous issues, rather then those concerning the economy and employment? Is this an intentional strategy by a Republican Congress keeping unemployment numbers down to make the President look bad? Is this nothing more then a political move on the Replubicans side to make the President a one term President?

1. American View profile image55
      American Viewposted 5 years ago in reply to this

No Congress is not doing their job. With all that needs addressing, what is most important to Harry Reid, regulating Boxing

2. profile image0
      Sooner28posted 5 years ago in reply to this

The Republicans have already shown themselves to be obstructionists, voting no on issues they previously supported, and Mitch McConnell admitting the number one goal of Congressional Republicans was to make Obama a one-term President.

2. profile image66
    logic,commonsenseposted 5 years ago

The president is doing a pretty good job of making himself look bad without any help from the Repubs.
    We can only keep our fingers crossed that he will be a on termer.  Be the best thing for the country.

3. Stacie L profile image88
    Stacie Lposted 5 years ago

I'm concerned that Congress is full of puppets of big business concerns.
    Both parties are pathetic

1. Bob Zermop profile image87
      Bob Zermopposted 5 years ago in reply to this

True that. +1

4. profile image0
    screamingposted 5 years ago

One has to laugh! All this division amongst each other. Republicans and Democrats drawing a line in the sand, unwilling to budge. Is this what our founding fathers wanted? I surely hope not! Hate for one another, using the Constitution for either sides views when convenient. Like little kids fighting over a toy! Racism, yes racism, coming to the forefront. Whether it be against blacks, gays, lesbians, women or any other group that doesn't agree with the words of either party. Our founding fathers are rolling over in their graves!Watching Americans and politicians both, acting like little kids. Sure, blame one side or the other. God forbid we use common sense and realize it takes two to tango! It's time for both sides, to set aside their differences and find common ground. Stop the finger pointing! Or this is the beginning of the end of life as we know it in this great country! Think about it! And please save the finger pointing rebuttals to yourself! have a great day!

5. Cagsil profile image60
    Cagsilposted 5 years ago

I don't think Congress has done their job ever since being established. hmm

1. Mighty Mom profile image90
      Mighty Momposted 5 years ago in reply to this

What was it they were supposed to do again?
      roll

1. Cagsil profile image60
        Cagsilposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Government's primary job is to be domestic and foreign threat protectors.

State governments are to ensure that Equality remains in effect within the borders of their State. They are also to ensure that every single person is equally protected(equal rights) when laws are to be applied.

Otherwise, both are to get out of the people's life.

1. Friendlyword profile image60
          Friendlywordposted 5 years ago in reply to this

"State governments are to ensure that Equality remains in effect within the borders of their State. They are also to ensure that every single person is equally protected(equal rights) when laws are to be applied."

That's what the JUDICIAL Branch of our Government is for.(was for) The Supreme Court decides(use to decide)what laws of the land protect equal rights. 

How in the world could GOVERNOR"CROOK"SCOTT be trusted to ensure that equal rights are protected in Florida? That was the job of our Federal Government! I don't know how long it will take to get a functional Government and Supreme Court back in Washington after Obama is reelected.

The pure weight of the Right Wingnuts and Republican wrong doing have them in a state of self disentigration.  They were infected by a TEA BAG and it's destoying them from the inside.

Eric Holder! Ignore those clowns and concentrate on putting "CROOK"SCOTT & CO. in jail!

Only if it isn't settled at the state level.
            lol This statement was too funny! lol Thank you for the laughs.
            Really? Like they weren't already screwed up before the Tea Party. lol
            A lot of them should be jailed.

"A lot of them should be jailed."

Can we have a few specifics about who "THEM" are suppose to be. If you feel there are politicians worthy of jail time, we would like to know the names of those politicians. Don't you want to protect your fellow American citizens. Come on Hero!

I don't think I really need to name names.

As I said before and will gladly repeat myself-

(a) there are too many corrupt politicians holding office

AND

(b) the ones who are not corrupt are not doing anything about the ones that are.

So, you pick who goes. As I said originally, ALL of Congress and the President should be jailed.

When I said "a lot of them should be jailed" I was only responding to your post. I would prefer to jail all of them and start from scratch.

I just thought a political forum would address real live problems, who was causing them, and what we should do to fix them.

For example:
                  The Republicans in The House Oversight and Government Reform Committee should stop the witch hunt of Eric Holder so he can concentrate on protecting the American people from VOTER INTIMIDATION AND SUPPRESSION. These outlaws have an agenda to distract Holder from doing his job.  These are some of the people you should consider locking up.

http://washingtonexaminer.com/pelosi-ho … le/2500261

working