Crushes on Other Hubbers

Jump to Last Post 1-10 of 10 discussions (36 posts)
  1. profile image0
    Lybrahposted 10 years ago

Does anyone have what I would call a "hub-crush?"  Perhaps you are addicted to that person's site?  Perhaps their style of writing is so good, or perhaps you were moved by what he or she said.  Perhaps you've read several of his or her hubs.  Anyone in particular you're always looking at?

1. Jodah profile image88
      Jodahposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Probably Lybrah, but I'm not telling...lol. Have you?

1. profile image0
        Lybrahposted 10 years agoin reply to this

I love Titen-Sxull!  And I don't care who knows! LOL

Kidding, but seriously, he's a good writer.

1. Jodah profile image88

Glad to hear it....well done.

1. profile image0

I created this hub to declare my love for him.  smile

1. Jodah profile image88

Well you've done it. I hope he reads and appreciates it.

1. profile image0

I doubt he'll read it, but that's okay.

1. profile image0
                  Beth37posted 10 years agoin reply to this

Lybrah, you are a self professed Christian, are you not? Reading titen sxull's work, I am surprised that you are drawn to him. You seem to me to be exact opposites concerning the most fundamental parts of your heart and mind?

1. profile image0

Yeah, you are right.  I like his style of writing.  It's how he says it.  And his non-anti-Christian poems and stories are enjoyable.

2. profile image0
          savvydatingposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Hi Lybrah. Titen is a good writer. I give him that. But he could probably convince you that being an atheist is logical. Maybe you could have him, but you might decide to lose God. It might be a thing of, "three's a crowd." Well, to each his own. I've fallen for my share of "bad boys" and I'm still intact. That being said, I hope Titen doesn't contact you. Sometimes crushes are better left as crushes and nothing more. The ending are happier that way. Best wishes to you, sweet girl.

1. profile image0

P.S. That being said, Titen-Skull is very polite and very intelligent.

1. profile image0

Or at least, he chooses to be polite sometimes, though not always.

2. profile image0
    Beth37posted 10 years ago

For sure. ahorseback. I just love his poetry. It's very heartfelt, a lot of emotion. I'm not used to men having feelings, let alone sharing them. Sometimes emotional men freak me out, but I really enjoy the way Ed expresses himself.

1. Jodah profile image88

haha Beth, is that so? I better check out 'ahorsebacks' poetry. Hope I don't develop a man crush...lol.

1. profile image0

Be very careful. Just read one sentence, then leave... LEAVE HIS SITE COMPLETELY! Don't read another line. As a matter of fact, try to forget what you've read and don't read anymore til the next day... or he'll get you too Jodah. We mere mortals don't stand a chance against his magnetism.

1. Jodah profile image88

haha Beth, thanks for the warning. Sounds dangerous.

1. Jodah profile image88

I checked out ahorseback (Ed's) work Beth and yeah it's good. I followed him, but make sure I read and leave quick so I don't get trapped...lol.

1. word55 profile image70
              word55posted 10 years agoin reply to this

Ah Jodah, your comment just made it very interesting. I'm surprised that you responded. Anyway, I wonder how many women here are single and available to receive a "crush". Some use avatars, logos and monumental images. There should be a come out for a week or month where they reveal pics of their trueness (This is who I am).

1. Jodah profile image88

Good suggestion word55.

1. word55 profile image70
                  word55posted 10 years agoin reply to this

1st come 1st served! You can always be discreet and respond to someone's fan mail or, be open like the dating game. Huh?

2. profile image0

Good thinking... he has a way with words. smile

3. profile image0
    ahorsebackposted 10 years ago

Beth ! It's kind of funny you know ? Being a hopeless romantic at heart I have had "crushes " before in life .  And they can be quite painful at times,  especially for a shy person  . I do know though  that  my crushes were always kept in secret .  I was painfully shy as a young man  and not much better now !This writing world  is one thing , I've only been writing online now  for about three and a half years .  It really seems that now what's happened is that every pent up emotion  about the opposite sex that I've ever felt in life has found a way to be voiced . That which can be both scary and exhilarating at the same time .  Only a very few people that I know even know that I  even write !....Beth you are such a sweet and awesome  woman !  Believe me ,  if only  life were perfect . Love would also be !  Big hug for you and thank  you for the boosted ego !

1. profile image0

Are you married Ed? I could never quite tell from your writing. It seems to me if you let all that emotion out on one woman she'd feel incredibly loved.

4. profile image0

Hi Beth , Yes  I am , although for us writers ,quite often  our real life partners don't fully appreciate our writing "talents" , I believe . to tell you the truth I  seem to be able to sabotage my emotional coupling in real life LOL. Nice to talk to you !

1. profile image0

You too. smile

1. profile image0

Awe, Beth.  That's awesome that your crush responded to you!

5. profile image0

Yes me too , I know this though , I know enough about you that my long long hubber arms would wrap around and squeeze you until there were no more tears to come from you !

6. profile image0

Can't help that I'm a fixer you know !

1. profile image0

Aw, that's very sweet. God is doing a great work in my life. It's been a long road, but things are definitely getting better. Thank you, Ed. smile

7. profile image0

Lybra, Beth truly is a sweet person , I have read and written  with her a lot here  .   Wouldn't it be great if we could all do a hubber meet and greet !

8. profile image0

Beth . The hardest thing for us who are kind and  decent people  to do  is to continue "giving " of our selves , I know that you have had that issue too !  As an old guy I can tell you it took me years , years ,to ever trust  my feelings again .  To ever "let someone in " again .  I am soo  happy that you are  finding your way forward in a positive and  loving way !  I don't know if you totally realize this or not , But you are pretty awesome darned  woman !

1. profile image0

You're always so encouraging. Ever since I arrived here, you were always there with a kind word. Thanks again. smile

9. profile image0

Beth you are so welcome !  And a beautiful soul too !

10. word55 profile image70
    word55posted 10 years ago

2 many 2 mention

1. Jodah profile image88

I agree word55. there are some lovely ladies on HP. My wife appreciates my 'love' poetry and anything 'happy' and 'uplifting', but when I am in a darker mood or need to vent I have to share it here with my hubber friends only, because she is prone to depression. Still i don't mind. I do feel loved and appreciated here as well.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)