jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (7 posts)

Indecent Proposal

1. Stevennix2001 profile image83
    Stevennix2001posted 3 years ago

Let's say you're at a bar, and some rich billionaire offers you one billion dollars to spend a month with your spouse. And, let's just say that you know without a reasonable doubt that this billionaire is sexually attracted to your spouse, so you know during that month that this billionaire is going to do everything and anything to sleep with them.  Let's also say for the sake of argument that you and your spouse are poor.  You're not homeless per say, but you're barely getting by paycheck to paycheck, and this indecent proposal happens. 

What do you do?  Do you risk losing your spouse over the money?  Or do you reject the money because your spouse means more?   To answer everyone's query...YES, this question was inspired by the film "Indecent Proposal", and since I'm bored right now...I'm a bit curious to see what you all will say.  Thank you for your time.

1. dashingscorpio profile image86
      dashingscorpioposted 3 years ago in reply to this

There is no way I would "pimp out" my wife!

I suspect even those husbands who would will have a hard time enjoying their newfound wealth. They'd be speculating about every detail just as was done in the movie. I suspect a lot of marriages afterwards would end in divorce. Of course a split of $500 Million each may be enough of a motivation for a secretly unhappily married person to take the billion dollar deal. :-)

2. Nouveau Skeptic profile image73
      Nouveau Skepticposted 3 years ago in reply to this

What seems to be missing from this scenario is whether the spouse wants to do it.  IMHO you would have an advisory role only in this decision as your spouse will do what they wish and you don't have the right to stop them.

3. Silverspeeder profile image60
      Silverspeederposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Its only money!

Mind you I am on my third wife at the moment so

Its only a wife!

2. Kathryn L Hill profile image88
    Kathryn L Hillposted 3 years ago

If you are on the road to divorce already, Go on ahead!

If you love each other, DO NOT PROCEED. DO NOT PASS GO. STAY IN JAIL... I mean marital bliss.

That 100% love and devotion (when the situation is a two way street) is way more valuable than any amount of $$$$.

1. Silverspeeder profile image60
      Silverspeederposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Ah Love

What is it really worth

You cant buy it, you cant sell it and you cant give it away. But when you have it then it becomes priceless.

1. Kathryn L Hill profile image88
        Kathryn L Hillposted 3 years ago in reply to this

(I presume, his present wife was looking over his shoulder…)

working