jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

How to talk to young children about divorce

1. Princessa profile image85
    Princessaposted 8 years ago

How to talk to young children about divorce

2. profile image0
    reese89posted 8 years ago

be very truthful.  don't make the other person out to be the bad guy (even if he is) be brief and let them ask questions and try to answer the questions with honesty. if you don't know the answer, say that you don't know but you will find out.

3. gusripper profile image36
    gusripperposted 8 years ago

Dont try to talk,To divorse means that you are not having good time like a family ,so dont say anything and hurry up because as long the couple is still together the situation is not very good for the kids ,and the next thing is starting immidiatelly  to cure their souls from the shock.

4. 14 otra profile image60
    14 otraposted 8 years ago

If you love your children, I believe that you have to agree, as parents to put every animosity aside and agree to tell the children that adult business is going to change the way things have been.  They need to hear from each of their parents that they are not responsible for what has happened and they need to be told that they are still loved.  If you can't be mature enough to put your feelings in check and do this - get help.  Your children's decisions on how they will conduct their lives are formed by the way their emotions are impacted from day one.
    Don't justify the impact by denying it. Do damage control and don't stop doing it.

5. hsofyan profile image58
    hsofyanposted 8 years ago

Sorry, I have never experienced. I should say that actually. That you both are not suitable as a husband and wife, but remain as a father and mother for children.
    Children also need the proper education of families, not theatrical. The need to consider is how to communicate.

working