Is It Wrong For A Non-Jew To Get Married To A Jew In Israel?

1. ngureco profile image83
    ngurecoposted 8 years ago

Is It Wrong For A Non-Jew To Get Married To A Jew In Israel?

2. joinphp profile image61
    joinphpposted 8 years ago

I think tha'ts not true, a non jew can be married to a jew, but the opposite is true: a jew can't marry a non jew. Why?
    Every body know that jewish people are very closed to theirs religion, and I fully respect that's belief! so in a common religion thought, when a jew marry a non jew, there's always the possibility for the new coming ( to jewish community) to opt for jewism. But when a jew marry a non jew, the jewish community will perhaps lose an adept.
    Obviousely that's not true, that depends on one's personality and beliefs freedom. But that is the traditional religious beliefs specially when it's related for girls to get married , it's strictly forbidden to a girl to marry a non jew man.
    And who knews? perhaps I'm wrong. With my full respect for all religions and all beliefs.

3. Kebennett1 profile image61
    Kebennett1posted 8 years ago

"Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? And what communion hath light with darkness?"  (KJV)

I would think that this goes with Jews and Non-Jews as well! The whole reason is that it causes dissention. It causes a division between them.
    It is not considered against the religion, but in most families it is frowned upon.

Actually, most Orthodox or Conservative Jews would only marry a Jew and a non-Jew if the non-Jew is converted. From Wikianswers

A Jewish Expert says:
    It has to do with other religions and their 'members' causing us to not keep the commandments. Even Paul said not to be unequally yoked together (believer and non-believer). Of course there is the Torah commandment not to marry anyone from the 5 (if memory serves me correctly) nations surrounding Eretz Israel. Hope this helps! Shalom!