jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (8 posts)

Why Is The Decision About The Person You Marry Very Important?

1. ngureco profile image83
    ngurecoposted 8 years ago

Why Is The Decision About The Person You Marry Very Important?

Is It More Important Than Your Decision About Education Or Career?

2. Hiperion profile image61
    Hiperionposted 8 years ago

If we want to marry it must be with the right person. If it´s not the right person is better not to marry.
    Is even more important than education or career, because if is the right person, surely will help me in that 2 other facts of life.

3. joinphp profile image60
    joinphpposted 8 years ago

That' a whole life to spend, you spend it happy or you spend it sad.
    There is a popoular saying here in our community that says: (translated word by word):    
    "Invert the jar on it's neck, a girl becomes as her mother" that means usually a girl inherits from her mother carecteres. and generally a girl will behave as her mother did.
    Most of times it's true and rarely it's wrong!
    So before  you marry a girl,(I'm speaking for men) look first to her mother's life with her husband ( your fuiture father in law) whenever he's happy in his conjugal life, so you will be with his daughter. If not! think a lot before taking an ultim decision. Good luck

4. profile image45
    wirralwebhostingposted 8 years ago

Easy question this is your life its the rest of your life if in doubt  any doubt you need to leave it . you must be 100% or you are already living your life- wirralwebhosting

5. blaise25 profile image76
    blaise25posted 8 years ago

because it's about the other half of your life ;p

yeah, career and education matters but the person you'll gonna marry matters the most.

you'll feel the richest if you have the love of your life with you

6. Kebennett1 profile image59
    Kebennett1posted 8 years ago

The decision you make about who you marry is the second most important decision you make in your life. The first is to give your life to God. As God has ordained it, this is the person who you will be spending the rest of your life with. You must have common desires and ideals. Common beliefs. This person must support your need to work or stay at home, to further your education or not, to have children or not, how to raise your children, where you want to live, retire. What you will do if one of you becomes disabled or dies. There are so many issues that can break or make a marriage. You must respect each others needs and desires. If you do not take the time to get to know the person you are thinking about marrying, really get to know them--then do not marry them. Discuss vital questions before ever taking the Holy Vows of Marriage. They are not something to be taken lightly.
    I have been married for 23 years. My husband and I are truly made for each other and I thank God for him. We have mutual respect for each other. God in our marriage and Communication is the key.

7. Sean Leong profile image66
    Sean Leongposted 8 years ago

A career is what one does for a living, it doesn't really tell you about the character, inclination, interests or outlook in life of a person. As for education or educational level to be specific, if the gap isn't too big, then it's not a problem.

The most important thing,I think, is whether both of you have the right chemistry.

8. Hub Freelancer profile image60
    Hub Freelancerposted 7 years ago

The type of person you marry can impact the rest of your life and the life of your children. It can also impact your ability to pursue your own career. If you marry the wrong person, you may find yourself with no time to even think about "self-actualization". You will simply be focused on the relationship ups and down, the financial needs of your family (if you should seek a divorce or if the person is not willing/able to work), and the wellbeing of your children (if the person is not mature enough to remain emotionally attached to them). Spend a lot of time thinking about what you really need in a spouse (and not just those things that look good on paper or that you THINK are important), and make sure you really know the person before you get too involved.