jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

Why can't we just tell people the truth when it comes to natural attraction?

1. Non-conformist profile image68
    Non-conformistposted 8 years ago

Why can't we just tell people the truth when it comes to natural attraction?

Does going straight to the point ruin all the fun? Is it better to beat around the bush? Why is it frowned upon to be bluntly honest?

2. Wedlock profile image55
    Wedlockposted 8 years ago

It isn't necessarily frowned upon, it just depends on who you're talking to. Some people like the game of "coy," while others like the idea of someone coming out with a bolder declaration.

Both sides of the fence have been visited.

3. Lady_E profile image74
    Lady_Eposted 8 years ago

Sometimes people are afraid they will get turned down and they would feel really bad.  I mean if I liked someone, I would never say. What if I did and he said he was gay?  sad

4. profile image0
    HSPrincessposted 8 years ago

I was honest with my husband when we first met and he was shock…even till today he teases me about it...

Sometimes you have to stop being afraid of the results and just do it!..

it's not about failing or whatever happens in the end...it's the fact that you took a chance that will make the difference...plus if someone is not into you, you can move on and stop wasting your time.

5. Masciocchi profile image53
    Masciocchiposted 8 years ago

I used to be so shy and afraid to say what I really felt. For the past two years I've really opened up. I've found that I would get no where if I wasn't so blunt with people, and in the end they're glad I was.

6. profile image0
    roseybluejeansposted 8 years ago

The most common reason why we can tell anyone the truth is fear. Mostly the fear of rejection. What might seem natural to us also puts up a flag saying what if it is only natural to me only? So if you learn to stomp that fear out then you be able to tell the truth

7. profile image72
    umkeyraposted 8 years ago

I wanted to answer this but it grew, and grew, and grew, so I made it into a hub!! Called "Should I be truthful when talking to a new date". Hope it helps someone....

http://hubpages.com/hub/Should-I-be-tru … a-new-date

working