jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

Why do so many people dislike their spouses?

1. lkeipp profile image56
    lkeippposted 8 years ago

Why do so many people dislike their spouses?

Seriously, if you dislike the person, why stay married to them?  I see so many couples who can't stand each other anymore, Finances and family aside, why stay together and unhappy?

2. rsmallory profile image76
    rsmalloryposted 8 years ago

commitment? I think they have to work together to make the situation better. If both of them are willing, this can be accomplished, but if one or both just wants out they should get out. We are responsible for our happiness.

3. Kotti KaDotti profile image58
    Kotti KaDottiposted 8 years ago

It is for the sake of the children. I hate my spouse more then I love her. But I don't want no other men around my children because I have girls. So I commit my self to my marriage even though I dislike my spouse. I wish it was a better way.

4. karent profile image65
    karentposted 8 years ago

Sometimes people find it easier to gripe and be unhappy than to confront the issue.  Getting along takes work from both people.  Many people stay in unhappy marriages rather than talking to their spouse and trying to resolve the problems.  There are also those who would rather stay and be miserable just because it's what they know.  The unknown world outside is much more frightening to them.  They wonder how they will survive, if anyone will ever love them again, if they are worth loving, if they can trust their feelings, etc.  Some people even get a sort of satisfaction from being a martyr and "toughing things out."  The sympathy people give you in that situation can be addicting.

5. Springboard profile image82
    Springboardposted 8 years ago

I love my spouse more than anything in the world. She's my all. She's my reason for being. My father was an incessant cheater. He always cheated on my mother, and eventually he left her for some other, younger woman. He's still with the last woman, but there's an emptiness in his eyes. He's not the man I grew up with as my father.

Some people simply go through life unable to appreciate where they are, what they have, or what is important. To them there is always something better. It's so much easier to walk away and start anew than it is to man-up and face reality and all the problems that go along with it.

That's why some people dislike their spouses.

6. mjmcacho profile image54
    mjmcachoposted 8 years ago

because they discover they are not compatible in many aspects..they may have loved each other when they were still dating but as they go along sharing one roof,they found out too many differrences..they dont share the same points of view..and the most popular cause is when they do not satisfy each other in bed and they cant tell each other about it so they tend to look for another partner..of course if this happens,they start to hate each other because of their pride/ego..falling out of love which results to hatred..

7. prakashkl profile image62
    prakashklposted 7 years ago

Because they are two individuals.  Only those who can find a middle path can success in their life.  Spouse is the person who is living most of time with the partner.  So she is taken granted by the partner.  More at my hub http://hubpages.com/hub/why-marriage-br … nce-of-god