jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (6 posts)

I have dyslexia. Is it a curse or a blessing?

1. suzzycue profile image94
    suzzycueposted 6 years ago

I have dyslexia. Is it a curse or a blessing?

2. MissKatieLynne profile image42
    MissKatieLynneposted 6 years ago

I don't see why it has to be anything but simply what makes you, you. I probably can't make a fair call other than that since I don't have dyslexia, but I could imagine it being a bit annoying at times at least, but that doesn't mean it has to be considered as a "curse".

3. LoriSoard profile image73
    LoriSoardposted 6 years ago

God doesn't make mistakes, so it is a blessing in some way. You may not see it yet as you struggle to read or complete other daily tasks. However, you are valuable just the way you are. It might be that you can help someone else one day because of your experiences.

4. Luti Febrian W profile image39
    Luti Febrian Wposted 6 years ago

maybe i only said this " thats not curse because everything that you have its good or bad thats was God's Gift. Maybe you can start to enjoy it and don't pressure yourself, you not lonely"

5. khmazz profile image84
    khmazzposted 4 years ago

I am dyslexic myself and I have found it to be challenging, but in a way those challenges have helped me be patient with others. Throughout my schooling I always had to take my time and learn to take things slower, now in my adult life, I find that I very tolerant of others differences and lack a judgmental bone in my body.  I hope you find that being dyslexia has not be a curse in your life, just simply something that makes you the wonderful person you are.

1. suzzycue profile image94
      suzzycueposted 4 years agoin reply to this

I agree I did struggle in school also but now I realize I see in pictures so that is why I don't relate to what people say. If I can't make the words into a Picture I don't get it. Thank you khmazz. Dyslexia is a gift from God. You are blessed.