jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

what makes us want to cheat? is it the thrill of the chase? boardem? or the exci

1. darkprincess profile image55
    darkprincessposted 8 years ago

what makes us want to cheat? is it the thrill of the chase? boardem? or the excitement of another lo

2. ShyneIV profile image61
    ShyneIVposted 8 years ago

Men tend to love the thrill of the chase. We tend to need to be validated; and how we do that is by seeking to conquest women after women. The interesting thing about it is that there is no magical number where us men stop. It just comes at a certain point in time for whatever reason

3. Tony Ballatore profile image61
    Tony Ballatoreposted 8 years ago

I believe that people cheat when they put their needs and desires above their ethical integrity and respect for the OTHER PERSON.

If you were looking for a rationalization, I can't help.

4. Claudia47 profile image66
    Claudia47posted 8 years ago

All of the above, and more.  I think the answer is different for everyone.   Very attractive or sexy people simply have more chances, so it it probably harder for them to resist temptation, since it is pretty much non-stop.  Other people cheat because they don't automatically get a lot of attention and they need to feel better about themselves.  I think some people are just brought up to think it's normal.  (President John Kennedy was a famous womanizer and his wife, Jackie, grew up with a father who chased women - from all accounts she didn't like the cheating but also expected it from her husband.)

5. profile image49
    mikenikkiposted 7 years ago

Someone cheeats when the one person does not make them completely happy.

6. profile image0
    Justsilvieposted 7 years ago

We are searching! Be it for love, excitement, personal self-worth feelings or a number of other things.  The bottom line is it is up close and personal. No person or circumstance makes somone cheat. It is always their choice to do so.