jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

What is the best way to ask a guy out on a date?

1. itsmollyy08 profile image53
    itsmollyy08posted 8 years ago

What is the best way to ask a guy out on a date?

My ultimate fear is rejection, because I can't just walk up to a guy and say "Hi, I think you're really cool. Can we date?" I mean what if he has a girlfriend?

2. sasanqua profile image79
    sasanquaposted 8 years ago

The best way to do it, is by asking the guy out in such a way that it doesn't seem like a date! Start up a conversation about movies. Ask him what movies he is interested in seeing. When he mentions one you are also interested in (or not - you can lie!) tell him you want to see this movie too, and suggest the two of you see it together. If he says no, then no big deal! If he says yes, you can take it from there. Good luck! big_smile

3. nochance profile image92
    nochanceposted 8 years ago

The best way to start is to become friends. Talk a little, see what you have in common. If you both like movies, what movies do you like, compare them. If you both like books, compare that. It's never good to just go and ask "Can I date you?" You have to become friends first, and if you are good friends you'll know his current relationship status. Then you can ask if you can date, once you know each other better.

4. Cactrot profile image64
    Cactrotposted 7 years ago

Confidence is the best thing. If you've got that it doesn't really matter how you actually ask him out... I've had a few people do what you're asking before and it always made me **** a brick. Very awesome & they all got dates.

5. ptosis profile image82
    ptosisposted 7 years ago

"ultimate fear is rejection", congratulations, now you know what guys through. Just ask, unless the guy is a jerk, then he will have empathy for you 'sticking your neck out' in asking.

If older then not as big a deal as when teenager.

6. izettl profile image97
    izettlposted 7 years ago

DON'T ask him on a date. Ask him to hang out with you somewhere- dinner and movies are always considered dates so ask him to go play some video games at an arcade or bowling or out to coffee. Something very informal. Coffee is best because it's not likely other friends of his or yours would be invited so it can't turn into a group thing.
    I've only asked a guy out once and it was for working out together at the gym. We dated after that.

7. Andrew McKenzie profile image60
    Andrew McKenzieposted 6 years ago

As a guy, I have to say we're usually flattered no matter what the context. It may not be obvious but it's always nice to be noticed. I would say the same as many of the other comments: keep it simple at first, and maybe even a group thing if it's more comfortable. Find out what your common interests are and make sure he realizes that you have things in common too. A great secret you can pull on guys is, remember something subtle he said or talked about and bring it up in conversation later (like days or weeks later, not later in the same conversation), that way you have somewhere to start and it's a good little ice-breaker. Hope that helps a little.

working